• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

I am guessing myself today:

Mass Effect
Fallout 3 GOTY
Borderlands
The Witcher
Dragon Age
STALKER + Clear Sky

...I am crazy!
I would buy them all though

Leatherface

Ok just woke up from my drunken slumber to check the daily deals. 3 Minutes to go!

My guesses:

1. Lost Planet Pack
2. Left 4 Dead 2
3. Borderlands
4. Modern Warfare 2
5. Fallout3 GOTY

Keyser Soze said:

Mass Effect
Fallout 3 GOTY
Borderlands
The Witcher
Dragon Age
STALKER + Clear Sky

...I am crazy!
Only thing I want is Fallout 3. The others no.
already bought ;P

It's jan. 1st. Hope Valve gives us a spectacular deal to start off the new year!

Smash88

Banned
fanboi said:
Question, how do you know that a game plays in directX 10?

You don't really...? It is just a better algorithm that can do more calculations (same or better graphics) or smoother calculations so you can have nicer/better features.

Like a shiny new cellphone.

Or are you asking how do you know it is DirectX10 compatible? (Which I doubt...)

P.S. I've always hated your avatar since I found GAF, that thing just freaks me the fuck out. :lol

noisome07

Banned
Today's deals for those of you who can't access Steam:

RedLynx Trials 2: Second Edition
$2.49

Portal
$4.99

Mass Effect
$4.99

Sam & Max Complete
$14.99

DOOM Pack Complete
$13.59

Devil May Cry 4
$22.49

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Keyser Soze said:

Mass Effect
Fallout 3 GOTY
Borderlands
The Witcher
Dragon Age
STALKER + Clear Sky

...I am crazy!
I own all of them, I WANT SOMETHING OTHER THAN THESE! :p

Seriously, after yesterday, I just want to see good prices on good stuff, simple.

My Steam is dead!

Smash88

Banned
kennah said:
Mass Effect is the one I want least, just finished it on 360 two weeks ago.:lol

MASS EFFECT IS ON SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4.99$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

LovingSteam has to buy that guy Mass Effect now! :lol

MASS EFFECT IS THERE

SUPER CHEAP!!!

Doom Pack Complete
The demons came and the marines died. Except one. Your are the last defense against these hell-spawned hordes. Prepare for the most intense mutant-laden, blood-splattered action ever! The texture-mapped virtual world is so real, you don't just play DOOM - you live it.... more 39,99€ 13,59€

Devil May Cry 4
From the producer of the original Devil May Cry® and Resident Evil® 4 comes the next installment in the hugely successful stylized action series that has so far achieved global sales of nearly seven million units.... more 19,99€ 14,99€

Sam & Max Complete
Follow Sam & Max from Episode 101, Culture Shock - The former child stars of the Soda Poppers TV show are wreaking havoc all over the neighborhood! But this is no ordinary tale of child stars gone awry. There's a dark force behind the Poppers' baffling antics.... more 59,99€ 14,99€

Mass Effect
As Commander Shepard, you lead an elite squad on a heroic, action-packed adventure throughout the galaxy. Discover the imminent danger from an ancient threat and battle the traitorous Saren and his deadly army to save civilization.... more 14,99€ 3,75€

RedLynx Trials 2: Second Edition
RedLynx Trials 2 Second Edition is a spectacular motorcycle game featuring stunning graphics and addictive gameplay!... more 9,99€ 2,49€

Portal
Portal™ is a new single player game from Valve. Set in the mysterious Aperture Science Laboratories, Portal has been called one of the most innovative new games on the horizon and will offer gamers hours of unique gameplay.... more

Jirotrom

Leatherface said:
Ok just woke up from my drunken slumber to check the daily deals. 3 Minutes to go!
same here lol...

games for today that i want

1.Fallout GOTY
2. Trackmania
3. Dirt 2
4. Plants vs Zombies
5. trials 2

fanboi

Banned
Smash88 said:
You don't really...? It is just a better algorithm that can do more calculations (same or better graphics) or smoother calculations so you can have nicer/better features.

Like a shiny new cellphone.

Or are you asking how do you know it is DirectX10 compatible? (Which I doubt...)

P.S. I've always hated your avatar since I found GAF, that thing just freaks me the fuck out. :lol

Well thanx and... urh.. you are welcome!

Mrbob

eznark said:
What?? No BC2? You son of a bitch.....

Is that coming out Q1 2010? I honestly don't know the release date, but yeah I'll pick that one up. Bad Company was some of the most fun I've had online in a long time for a competitive shooter.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
MASS EFFECT!
Someone at Valve watches this thread confirmed.

Seriously, it comes the very day AFTER people stop guessing it repeatedly every day, too coincidental.

Good deals, but I don't think I'll get anything today.

Mrbob said:
Is that coming out Q1 2010? I honestly don't know the release date, but yeah I'll pick that one up. Bad Company was some of the most fun I've had online in a long time for a competitive shooter.

Yes, I believe it's coming out in March along with Battlefield 1943. Beta starts near the end of the month for BC2.

You've got to be kidding me. I held out all this time on buying anything waiting for Mass Effect and they put it on sale the very next day. :\

Devil may cry deal is awful. I guess only ME since that's the only game I don't own on steam.
Stop It said:
Someone at Valve watches this thread confirmed.

Seriously, it comes the very day AFTER people stop guessing it repeatedly every day, too coincidental.

Quick what other game do we want?

kai3345

Banned
Sam and Max deal is the only one that looks sort of appealing to me.

If i had a computer that could run ME I would be all on that shit

Smash88

Banned
fanboi said:
Well thanx and... urh.. you are welcome!

It's nothing against you...:lol

It's just I'm easily freaked out by stuff like that.....bad childhood experience....don't ask. :lol

I <3 Memes said:
You've got to be kidding me. I held out all this time on buying anything waiting for Mass Effect and they put it on sale the very next day. :\

:lol :lol :lol

Euro Prices

Doom Pack Complete - 13,59€
Devil May Cry 4 - 14,99€
Sam & Max Complete - 14,99€
Mass Effect - 3,75€
RedLynx Trials 2: Second Edition - 2,49€
Portal - 3.75€

kennah

kai3345 said:
Sam and Max deal is the only one that looks sort of appealing to me.

If i had a computer that could run ME I would be all on that shit
You might be better off getting/waiting for the TellTale Deal. It's 49$, comes with Sam and Max complete and Monkey Island is really good. Wallace and Grommit should be good too, but haven't played it yet.

I'm tempted by the complete Doom, just to have them on Steam. How are the originals? Is it the DOS versions or what?

Gowans

Thats so cheap for ME.

I have it for 360 tho and planning a play through before ME2 the end of the month.

Perfect timing for you guys, can't wait to read the inevitable LTTP thread, one of my fave games ever.

Top Bottom