• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Not really too bothered by today's deals.
I just came back to the thread to see people flipping out now ME is finally on sale, and at £3.25?

Talamius

DMC4 is still way too high. It should have started at 19.99 and dropped to 9.99 today.

Not a good day after the awesome of yesterday.

Jirotrom said:
how is the pc version of mass erect?
Mass Effect PC is the definite version, no joke. Seriously after playing through the Xbox360 version and then the PC version a few weeks ago, it is night and day. The framerate and inventory system are worth it alone to get a PC version.

I bet DMC will get a price drop shortly.

JoeBoy101 said:
Better than the 360 version. Alot of the pop-in is cleaned up and it looks real sharp.

Also, direct teammate control and a slightly better inventory system.

Mrbob

Nice deal for Mass Effect. I put a couple hours into the PC version, runs well and looks fine.

I might get Trials 2, $2.49 is a good price. And wtf at that DMC4 "deal". :lol News flash Capcom, DMC4 may be new to DD services but it is an old game. 75 percent off or bust!

Dunno have they can go from 75% off of SF4 yesterday and reap the rewards (in the top 3) to this. :lol

I'm glad my patience was rewarded. I think Mass Effect might be it for me for this sale but maybe I'll cave for some of the Bethesda stuff.

RedSwirl

Do I really need the DOOM games? Otherwise nothing here for me. Still waiting on Witcher and Tiberium Wars.

Also, does this sale end on Sunday at noon or Monday at noon?

Salaadin

5 bucks for Mass Effect? Is the game really all its cracked up to be? How are the load times? I heard some shitty things about the 360 version.

How much better is ME on pc than on consoles? I've tried to get into it about 5 times but the inventory system and other UI problems always frustrate me and I get distracted early on. I'd pay $5 if the pc version has mod fixes or something? Tell me gaf!

Edit: nevermind this has been addressed many times already, buying.

Jirotrom said:
in what way? is there securom?

No securom, at least in the Steam version. Every EA published game on Steam, besides Crysis, has had it's DRM removed.

Edit: Something tells me that the DMC price won't change. It's listed as 25% off on the Steam - Update News pop up.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Leatherface said:
How much do you want to bet the DMC price will lower in the next hour?
I hope so, it's £12.99 on Impulse anyway and 25% off is quite stingy. Make it 75% off and it will be bought in an instant.

Anyway, I own Mass Effect, Portal and The Doom Pack (bought the id Super Pack), so I am wondering whether to buy Trials (I'm guessing I'll get a yes from you lot) and the S&M pack.

Decisions decisions....

Rahk

Nothing of interest. Already have ME and Trials.

Would get Sam & Max, but the whole Telltale pack is only $50 so I'd rather get that.

KaYotiX

Banned
RedSwirl said:
Do I really need the DOOM games? Otherwise nothing here for me. Still waiting on Witcher and Tiberium Wars.

Also, does this sale end on Sunday at noon or Monday at noon?

Witcher was on sale day 1 i think for $10, i bought it and GTA 4 for like $17

Smash88

Banned
Akia said:
quit begging its only $5

Akia
so bitter
(Today, 12:09 PM)
Reply | Quote

4r7rl15.jpg

Smash88 said:
I think he means he bought it yesterday already. :lol

Nah I gave up hope and spent my ME money on the Crysis deal. I was worried that ME wouldnt go on sale and I would regret not buying Crysis pack when I had the chance.

Zzoram

Aquavelvaman said:
How much better is ME on pc than on consoles? I've tried to get into it about 5 times but the inventory system and other UI problems always frustrate me and I get distracted early on. I'd pay $5 if the pc version has mod fixes or something? Tell me gaf!

Framerate is obviously better if you have a solid PC (8800GT/HD3870 or above for best experience). Inventory UI and squad command interface are a bit improved.

kennah

Rahk said:
Nothing of interest. Already have ME and Trials.

Would get Sam & Max, but the whole Telltale pack is only $50 so I'd rather get that.
I've been trying so hard since Day 1 to not buy the TellTale Pack incase it gets on sale. I WON'T BE TORCHED AGAIN!

Sipowicz

Banned
mass effect bought and paid for. i've spent like 12 quid on this sale and got some of the finest games ever made. steam really is a revelation

Smash88

Banned
I <3 Memes said:
Nah I gave up hope and spent my ME money on the Crysis deal. I was worried that ME wouldnt go on sale and I would regret not buying Crysis pack when I had the chance.

Well LovingSteam, made you a promise, and nice of him to follow through. You got it anyways d^_^b

Loxley

gregor7777 said:
Very good.

Yeah, I'm willing to bet that's the case.

*edit; oh God if Oblivion and Fallout 3 and Borderlands end up going on sale on the same day I just might cry tears of joy. But hey, I'd be fine if just one of those three went on sale.

G_Berry

Banned
There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

lol

Top Bottom