• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Gowans007 said:
Thats so cheap for ME.

I have it for 360 tho

If anything, that makes the purchase even more necessary.

Its worth noting that you can cap the framerate in Mass Effect. Well worth doing as it doesn't really need 60fps, gets rid of some random drops/spikes and allows you to crank the setting much higher. Both Nvidia and ATI users should be able to force AA through their drivers though the performance penalty will be pretty steep with it being a DX9 title using MRT.

confused

Banned
Akia said:
quit begging its only $5

I know, but I don't have a CC, and Paypal won't accept my bankaccount. So I have no means of buying my own stuff off Steam.

Sometimes I get lucky and find a dutch person willing to buy me games and i can transfer the money into their bank account, other times I ask Gaf, and return the favor when I find someone who I can pay to gift it back.

Leatherface

Jirotrom said:
in what way? is there securom?

Graphically it's the sharpest and doesn't have pop in issues, the frame rate is great, the controls are top notch and as others have mentioned the inventory system is much improved.

Personally, between the inventory system and playing this with mouse and keyboard, it can't be touched by the console version. As for securom, I don't *think* it has it, but I'm not positive.

Rahk

kennah said:
I've been trying so hard since Day 1 to not buy the TellTale Pack incase it gets on sale. I WON'T BE TORCHED AGAIN!
Well yeah, I plan on waiting for all the daily sales to end before buying it, and any other games for that matter.

Won

G_Berry said:
There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

lol

I have that too.

Stupid ME is already in my games list, but I can't download it!!!!!! Monsters!

bounchfx

Salaadin said:
5 bucks for Mass Effect? Is the game really all its cracked up to be? How are the load times? I heard some shitty things about the 360 version.

this is probably the worst thing I've ever heard. there were a few tech issues on the 360 version but nothing game killing. the game is still easily worth 40+, and was definitely worth more than full price when it came out. one of the best games this gen by far. if you can't appreciate it (especially for $5), I'm sorry that you're into gaming

Hugbot

Would buy the S&M pack but I own Season One and the individual Seasons aren't on sale. I'd buy Season 2 at $15 though so I'm not sure what's wrong with me.

Also, I have too many games to play and already own the 360 Mass Effect, but we'll see if I can resist for 24 hours.

My final day predictions:

MW2
Fallout 3 GOTY
Borderlands
The Witcher
Oblivion
Vampire

If anyone does better than me you'll get a hardy handshake IRL if I ever meet you. Unless you're a neckbeard weirdo, in that case it will likely be a curt nod.

kswiston

Individual Doom Games are also 66% off. Might pick up Doom 3 for $6.79 as I never tried it.

Thinking of double dipping on Mass Effect. I have the game on 360, but I am thinking of getting ME2 on PC as it will be $10-20 cheaper here in Canada.

That will likely be it for me today

kennah

brain_stew said:

Its worth noting that you can cap the framerate in Mass Effect. Well worth doing as it doesn't really need 60fps, gets rid of some random drops/spikes and allows you to crank the setting much higher. Both Nvidia and ATI users should be able to force AA through their drivers though the performance penalty will be pretty steep with it being a DX9 title using MRT.
But what if we just played for the story?

Nelo Ice

Banned
damnit u guys are seriously making me consider double dipping on mass effect and maybe i should since i still havent beaten mass effect on 360 and ive had it since launch :lol

Baha

My order is stuck on the working....screen for like 8 minutes now but I can see the games in my games list. Would refreshing the page mess my order up or should I leave it alone?

[EDIT] An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed.
Please contact Steam Support.

What now? Retry? contact steam?

Dynoro

Keyser Soze said:
I've found that is never the right number though. I am more considered with the download size
Shows as 10756Mb on my PC - so the download itself should be less than that

Minsc

Gold Member
kennah said:
How are these versions of DOOM?

Definitive once you download and run them through zDoom.

It even auto-detects your steam directory, so you don't have to do anything other than turn on mouselook and setup wasd keys. The DooM games are not playable any other way than with zDoom imo.

Javaman

vazel said:
I also want to get rid of some games from my list. It's just clutter. But I don't want them completely gone I just want a hide option.

Someone posted earlier in the thread that valve is working on a UI update which will focus on game management. Might be out in a month or two.

Leatherface

kswiston said:
Individual Doom Games are also 66% off. Might pick up Doom 3 for $6.79 as I never tried it.

Thinking of double dipping on Mass Effect. I have the game on 360, but I am thinking of getting ME2 on PC as it will be $10-20 cheaper here in Canada.

That will likely be it for me today

If you like Mass Effect, I would absolutely double dip to have the PC version. It's way better IMO, especially for $5!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Glad I came home to rebuy Crysis with 4 minutes left. Especially before the servers die.

Mass Effect is a must buy for everyone at $5.
Keyser Soze said:
Thanks, but that will kill my monthly download cap, so I wont be downloading :(
I am guessing you already did this but you can buy and download later when you have bandwidth again.

Volcynika

gregor7777 said:
My final day predictions:

MW2
Fallout 3 GOTY
Borderlands
The Witcher
Oblivion
Vampire

If anyone does better than me you'll get a hardy handshake IRL if I ever meet you. Unless you're a neckbeard weirdo, in that case it will likely be a curt nod.

Well it said "through" the third, so isn't there two more days?

burgerdog

"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

Grrrrrrrrr, is that a known error?

Keyser Soze said:

That sucks. :( Man I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that nonsense.

Well it said "through" the third, so isn't there two more days?

Yeah, someone mentioned that they might be saving games for the last day.

Zzoram

I've owned Mass Effect twice on 360. I bought it at launch and traded it in. Then I got it again on sale for $10, beating it again before trading it in again.

I still think my PC playthrough will be sweetest.

kennah

Minsc said:
Definitive once you download and run them through zDoom.

It even auto-detects your steam directory, so you don't have to do anything other than turn on mouselook and setup wasd keys. The DooM games are not playable any other way than with zDoom imo.
Thanks!

Were I not planning to get ME2 on 360 I'd probably jump on the sale but my computer setup isn't ideal for long single player games and I doubt ME2 will run very well on it either.

Gonna grab Trials though, love Trials HD on 360. If Devil May Cry goes cheaper I might consider it, maybe.

I'm actually really considering that Doom pack, it does seem a bit steep for Doom though, even if it does have the newer games.

Gowans

brain_stew said:

I would but I'm using my Laptop for all this steam gaming and it can't handle to much load. [ ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3600 with 256MB and a Intel Core Sue CPU 1.66GHz and 2gb mem. , wish laptop cards were upgradable.]

Gona grab the second on 360 too. Now I need to find the time for a playthrough.

Salaadin

Keyser Soze said:

Cant you buy it now and then periodically download it in pieces? Do 1Gb a month and maybe you can play it by next New Years then

nny said:
Question: if I buy Portal (I already have it) can I gift it anytime I want in the future?

Buy it as a gift and sent it to an alternate email you have access to. You'll then be able to resend it through Steam whenever you want so long as it isn't redeemed through that initial email.

Baha

Tried logging onto store in my browser and it lists ME & trials 2 as purchased so I guess it went through, haven't received any email confirmation yet though.

Top Bottom