• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Yasser

mass effect and sam & max bought :D i'll skip dmc4 since i've played it plenty on ps3 and bayonetta is a few days away

Salaadin

Zzoram said:
Ugh, I pressed Purchase and it just says Working... and has been stuck for a few minutes :(

Mine did the same for about 5 mins before it kicked me out. Now Im getting some "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance." and it wont let me buy :(

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Mass Effect is now mine, despite owning the PC disk version, and 360 version. I guess I'll give my PC disk away to a friend.

Think the sale is over for me, unless Fallout 3 comes around under 20$. I have hundreds of hours of gaming at my fingers now, time to get cracking.

Volcynika

So...has anyone contacted Valve to verify it is through the third (aka, one sale from Sunday at noon EST to Monday noon EST) or that it ends on the third yet?

Zzoram said:
I'm waiting a few minutes to see if DMC4 gets updated to 75% off before I buy Mass Effect.

It won't, its listed as 25% off on the popup as well and it was only added to Steam about a week or two ago. All the deals yesterday had the proper prices on the popup when the front page glitched.

Vastag

Salaadin said:
Mine did the same for about 5 mins before it kicked me out. Now Im getting some "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance." and it wont let me buy :(

I have the same problem

I have Mass Effect sitting on my shelf on the other side of my room, installed on my PC and I still want to buy it again for $4.99. That's how good a deal it is. Everyone should be buying it.

EDIT - God yes turn on the film grain. So delicious.

kennah

Would anyone object to A NEW CONTEST!?

There is nothing I want today, and I'm bored so to celebrate Mass Effect's release, I will gift THREE copies of it (or other 4.99 game) to the winners of this contest

Photoshop, Paint, or whatever MR. T. into a scene from MASS EFFECT.

Games will be given out to the following categories

1. Funniest
2. Best Art
3. Random Draw

Yes a random draw! Anyone can have a shot at winning this! Deadline is MIDNIGHT EST TONIGHT so that there is time to pick and award.

Have fun!

Hugbot

brain_stew said:
Buy it as a gift and sent it to an alternate email you have access to. You'll then be able to resend it through Steam whenever you want so long as it isn't redeemed through that initial email.
It's a long shot but any way I can split the Sam and Max seasons this way? I'd feel less bad about rebuying Season One if I could gift it to a friend, and my friend would feel less bad about his adventureless life if I did.

BLU-82

burgerdog said:
"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

Grrrrrrrrr, is that a known error?

I'm getting this too. Although it appears in the games list even though I never finished buying it.
Says 'Your purchase is still being processed - Steam will notify you when the transaction is complete. Until then the game is currently unavailable'

bounchfx said:
this is probably the worst thing I've ever heard. there were a few tech issues on the 360 version but nothing game killing

Bull fucking shit! Its the glitchiest and worst performing game I've er played on the system. Fuckloads of tearing, horrendous popup and a framerate that was usually in the teens and often dropped to single digits. It was a complete mess.

nny

brain_stew said:
Buy it as a gift and sent it to an alternate email you have access to. You'll then be able to resend it through Steam whenever you want so long as it isn't redeemed through that initial email.

hm, good idea, that will work too; thanks!

tjohn86

Struct09 said:
Hope they sort that one out, the game shows up as purchased but I can't do anything with it :(

Happened to me the other day. You will get an email in a bit saying your cc was declined. Just repurchase after that.

noisome07

Banned
kennah said:
Would anyone object to A NEW CONTEST!?

There is nothing I want today, and I'm bored so to celebrate Mass Effect's release, I will gift THREE copies of it (or other 4.99 game) to the winners of this contest

Photoshop, Paint, or whatever MR. T. into a scene from MASS EFFECT.

Games will be given out to the following categories

1. Funniest
2. Best Art
3. Random Draw

Yes a random draw! Anyone can have a shot at winning this! Deadline is MIDNIGHT EST TONIGHT so that there is time to pick and award.

Have fun!

Yes!! Another contest!! :D :D :D

cory

Banned
Trials 2 for me, since I got Mass Effect back when it was a $9.99 weekend deal.
Hopefully DMC4 actually goes on sale.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
BLU-82 said:
I'm getting this too. Although it appears in the games list even though I never finished buying it.
Says 'Your purchase is still being processed - Steam will notify you when the transaction is complete. Until then the game is currently unavailable'

Mine failed as well and I'm getting this too now.

Damn. First deal I've wanted in days and this happens.

NIN90

2hfoyfc.jpg

Smash88

Banned
Loxley said:
Yeah, I'm willing to bet that's the case.

*edit; oh God if Oblivion and Fallout 3 and Borderlands end up going on sale on the same day I just might cry tears of joy. But hey, I'd be fine if just one of those three went on sale.

I think your wallet will be crying...:lol

How good is Doom 3 and the expansion? Never played the game so I might pick up the Doom 3 Pack if it's any good.

I've played Doom 1 and 2 to death on nearly every format they've appeared on, so I don't really need them.

your purchase is still being processed - steam will notify you when the transaction is completed. until then, the game is not available to play.

the purchase button was stuck on waiting then went gray :(

Lostconfused said:
Well I prefer it when my game doesn't look like a mess but hey I guess to each his own.
I agree with you. I left it on when I played on console, but it's SO low resolution film grain on PC that I turned that fuzz off before I even left the Normandy.

Another note is that you might have problems with alt tab in ME. It crashes my PC every time I try to get back in after alt tabing out. I read that a lot of other people have the same issue.

Macmanus

AndyMoogle said:
How good is Doom 3 and the expansion? Never played the game so I might pick up the Doom 3 Pack if it's any good.

Doom 3 is a polarizing game. Personally I think it's fantastic.

Owzers

Nothing for me today. Already played Mass Effect 1.5 times and am waiting for ME 2,also played Portal, in which my favorite part was the ending, and played DMC 4 on ps3 and didn't like it much at all.

dejan

tjohn86 said:
Happened to me the other day. You will get an email in a bit saying your cc was declined. Just repurchase after that.
Well, make sure your credit card hasn't been billed, because that's what happened to me yesterday and I had to contact Steam Support.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
AndyMoogle said:

I've played Doom 1 and 2 to death on nearly every format they've appeared on, so I don't really need them.

Without the "wow" factor of bump-mapping and self-shading and all of the other then-whiz-bang features, the game is pretty bad. At the time it was a bit forgivable because of the Doom name and the incredible presentation.

Now it's sort of a collection of monster closets, gunmetal monochrome environments, and space marines. It plays nothing like the Dooms of yore - you're only ever fighting two or three monsters at once here, running is limited to a "Stamina bar" and the fact that they actually try to weave some sort of story into the game is just painful.

That said, if you haven't played any of the original Dooms lately paying $13.00 for the entire set and a sub-par 3D remake isn't bad. But if you're just picking it up for Doom 3... meh. Unless you really want to see what 3D rendered Revenants and Mancubi look like, I guess.

Salaadin

Ive about given up. No luck getting through and no emails telling me Ive been declined. Ill try back later and hope they dont sell out.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Linkzg said:
How is Trials 2 compared to Trials HD? I've seen people gushing about Trials HD

I bought Trials 2 last steam sale and have not played Trials HD. Its hard as fuck and it will make you rip your hair out all while smiling and enjoying the shit out of it. I imagine Trials HD is mainly Trials 2 but HD and maybe some added stuff.

Top Bottom