• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Atilac

Untitled.png

:(

Smash88

Banned
SuperAwesome said:
I have it set at like 50 and it's very noticeable. 80 - 90 really worth it? gonna sound like a jet.

89 Celsius is fine for a card if that is the max it is hitting after a bit of gameplay. Video cards are meant to reach a ceiling of about 100C (Although you should never hit this temperature). Also depends on the room temperature, your case ventilation, if you OCed your card in any way. Try 80%, mind sound like a fan, but that is what I have it set to when I play games. If you really don't want it to sound that loud, try 75% it sounds a bit better.

Zzoram

Struct09 said:
Just got the "credit card declined" e-mail for my Mass Effect purchase.

Is anyone having luck buying it right now? I may just wait until later.

I still haven't gotten that email and it's been over half an hour.

dejan said:
Just to be sure ... you're aware that your Steam Support account is independent from your normal Steam account, right?

WAT? How does that make sense? Thanks for the tip though. :lol Why would they do something like that?

iammeiam

DoctorWho said:
WAT? How does that make sense? Thanks for the tip though. :lol Why would they do something like that?

If your Steam account gets hijacked, you're supposed to use Steam Support to report it and get it fixed.

Wouldn't so much work if your support account and 'normal' account were the same thing.

Smash88 said:
I hope all of you guys get your Steam transactions fixed, I wouldn't be surprised if this sells out in a few hours.

I don't think any of EA's games have run out of keys. Just THQ and 2K so far.

BTW the star of the steam Holiday sales so far has been EA with 2K a close second.

Jirotrom

anyone interested in DMC4 should just buy it at newegg for 9.99 if its still up. I bought it over a year ago at that price.

kennah

I guess I should specify, no double entries please! If you want to change your entry, just edit your original post. Similar to the Photography Thread rules. But some good stuff so far guys! :lol

Twig

Banned
ffffuuuuu

My purchase went through but now Steam servers are too busy to handle the request of downloading it. x:

Vastag

DoctorWho said:
FUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't log into the Steam Support website. WTF is this shit? Steam dropped the ball!

You need to create a separate support account.

EDIT: ooops, somebody already replied to this

Smash88

Banned
I <3 Memes said:
I don't think any of EA's games have run out of keys. Just THQ and 2K so far.

BTW the star of the steam Holiday sales so far has been EA with 2K a close second.

I would have believed you if running out of keys never happened before, because I would've never thought you can run out, especially since many were touting it as one of the better features of online purchases, but I don't know anymore. :lol

I also have to agree with you on the Holiday sales, EA is definitely up there.

The worst steam company is by far Activision. Bunch of cheap bastards, don't even want to put MW1 on sale.

Volcynika

Smash88 said:
I would have believed you if running out of keys never happened before, because I would've never thought you can run out, especially since many were touting it as one of the better features of online purchases, but I don't know anymore. :lol

I also have to agree with you on the Holiday sales, EA is definitely up there.

The worst steam company is by far Activision. Bunch of cheap bastards, don't even want to put MW1 on sale.

:lol I just noticed that. Silly Activision.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Both my purchases of Mass Effect failed, but its started downloading.
Havent had a Steam E-mail yet, but I think it may of been a display error and my card has been charged.

*edit* Just got my purchase E-mail *edit*

vocab

Zzoram said:
For everyone that happens to, it fails, then a while later you get a steam support email saying your credit card was declined.

Mine is stuck on working, but the game showed up in my games list.

iammeiam

Checked out with ME and Portal without issue about 90 seconds ago, but I've started just defaulting to Paypal for my payment method now. I don't know if having Paypal charge my card instead of Steam is actually making a difference or not (and it apparently won't work for accounts that have already been blacklisted due to CC declines), but I've yet to have any sort of checkout problem.

Now if only I could import my Shephard from my 360 playthrough...

Baha

Confirmed, buying via browser instead of the client is successful atm. Got my declined email and re-purchased via browser and it went through.

Zzoram

Deacan said:
Both my purchases of Mass Effect failed, but its started downloading.
Havent had a Steam E-mail yet, but I think it may of been a display error and my card has been charged.

If it started downloading, then the transaction must've gone through.

Niks

Zzoram said:
For everyone that happens to, it fails, then a while later you get a steam support email saying your credit card was declined.

Hmm.. should I wait till I get the email to try again?

You know you are a Steam junkie when you can't buy much from the sales because you already have most of the games in "complete" packs. :lol

I already have the Orange Box (and 90% of the Valve stuff) so no Portal for me.
I already have the id super pack so no Doom pack for me.
I already have the Telltale Complete pack so no Sam & Max for me.

:D

"Just" ME and Trials 2 for me today.

cory

Banned
Just got the card declined e-mail, went to buy Trials again and I got working...'d again.
EDIT: Yup. I'll have to wait another 45min.

"There has been an internal error initializing your transaction. Please contact support for assistance."

edit: woo. worked through browser.

Doytch

Debating whether or not to get the Sam&Max pack even though I already have season two - albeit from the TT store and not on Steam. Mass Effect is a given, and I already have Trials.

kennah

Haha, and now I have a new Desktop Image. :lol

So I figure I'll pick the winners before 12:30EST and PM them asking if they want ME or something else. If people are worried about winning and not getting the PM/sleeping, you can PM me your steamname/email address and preferred prize if you like. I'll just delete all the non-winners without even opening them.

Top Bottom