• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Gin

dammit i missed out on shattered horizon and street fighter >=(

i at least got mass effect today .. still mad about yesterday's games..

Smash88

Banned
I think he said earlier that he cannot see the servers in Shattered Horizon.

If you can't see the servers, or connect, try opening this range of ports.

27015 - 27047

speculawyer said:
Yeah, that is what you think but tomorrow they'll have some good game you are interested in for $2.50 to $5 and you'll bite.

Haha probably. All this spending is above and beyond my Christmas budget and these $5, $10+ transactions are starting to add up, but I just can't resist the deals!

Zzoram said:
Man, Indigo Prophecy is so hard even on Easy. I'm stuck in a flashback where I have to evade guards to get into a building. I constantly fail and I don't even want to finish the game now.

This is making me worry that Heavy Rain will be too hard.
That's the hardest most annoying part of that game. I feel the exact same way. After that though, it gets easier.

Bebpo

Banned
Who the hell thought it was a good idea to have track unlocks be server based in Trials 2? Their servers are getting hammered and it's not registering when I beat any tracks so I can't unlock the next ones to play >_<

faceless007 said:
Dammit, why did I pay $10 for Mass Effect a month ago?

Just because you didn't get the best price doesn't mean you didn't get a good price.

Mass Effect at $10 is still pretty darn good for how much gameplay you can get out of it.

faceless007 said:
Dammit, why did I pay $10 for Mass Effect a month ago?
$10 is still a real good price for such an awesome game, also my rule is never buy any games on steam unless it's from a sale, because it will at some time go on sale.

I was away for 2 days and missed the chance to buy the crysis bundle on offer :( fuckkkk but I also noticed shattered horizon was 75% off, awesome game and I love it, worth the full price I paid for it near launch.

Costanza

Banned
Does this sale end ON the third or is that just the last day?

Gonna ebay some stuff and then buy Telltale/Eidos/Unreal packs before this ends but I want to wait and make sure none of them show up even cheaper as daily deals.

Erudite

Costanza said:
Does this sale end ON the third or is that just the last day?

Gonna ebay some stuff and then buy Telltale/Eidos/Unreal packs before this ends but I want to wait and make sure none of them show up even cheaper as daily deals.
Front page of the store says "up to 80% off through January 3rd", so I'm pretty sure that means there'll be deals on the 3rd

x3sphere

Ugh DMC4 is a terrible deal at that price :/ Still in the top sellers list though so Capcom must be pleased. I would've picked it up at $10, right now it is going for $8 on Amazon..

Diablohead said:
$10 is still a real good price for such an awesome game, also my rule is never buy any games on steam unless it's from a sale, because it will at some time go on sale.
The $10 price was a Steam sale.

Parham

Banned
Zzoram said:
Man, Indigo Prophecy is so hard even on Easy. I'm stuck in a flashback where I have to evade guards to get into a building. I constantly fail and I don't even want to finish the game now.

This is making me worry that Heavy Rain will be too hard.

I had some difficulty with that section too. Which part of that scene are you stuck on?

Zzoram

azentium said:
I had some difficulty with that section too. Which part of that scene are you stuck on?

I can climb the first fence, but then I can't get past the 2nd one. Someone always spots me. I assume using the moving trucks for cover to slip by is possible, the timing is just super hard.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
wow ive splurged a lot during this sale

The Witcher
ME (bought it so my GF could play it)
Trine
Medieval II
Crysis Pack

Almost bought shattered horizen but I withheld.

bengraven

Missed the ID deal a week ago, but somewhat tempted to get the Doom deal. I had hoped to not only get all the DOOM games, which I've played and beat several, but also games in the ID canon I had never played before like Hex.

So I'm torn.

ArjanN

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
That's why everyone is so annoyed about the steam sale. You can get the physical copy dirt cheap.

Meh, 8 bucks is pretty cheap for the superior DMC4 version. Also, owning it on Steam is better than owning a physical copy.

Minsc

Gold Member
Dr. Zoidberg said:
Yeah, thanks for that. I tried zDoom earlier when you mentioned it with Doom2 and Heretic and it's awesome. Is there anything like zDoom for Wolfenstein 3D and Spear or Destiny?

Yes, there is such a thing, you'll need to do some searching for it, it basically lets you run Wolfenstein using the DooM 2 engine, using zDoom, meaning you get wolfenstein with wasd + mouselook + 1920x1200 at 60fps, it's pretty sweet!

Firestorm said:
WTF THIRD DAY IN A ROW >=O I bought Sam & Max Season 1 for $20 and only started yesterday. Now both seasons are $15?!?

Don't touch any game not on a daily sale until the third, seriously. The very last day could be epic, so just don't. Just say no!

tadcalabash

Neo Member
Firestorm said:
WTF THIRD DAY IN A ROW >=O I bought Sam & Max Season 1 for $20 and only started yesterday. Now both seasons are $15?!?

That's why I've got a long list of games that I will buy on Sunday if they don't pop up in the daily deals by then.

Firestorm

Keyser Soze said:
Don't touch any game not on a daily sale until the third, seriously. The very last day could be epic, so just don't. Just say no!
Everything has been from the many weekend sales. Well, I've learned my lesson. Screw weekends. It's a trap!

Polk

Firestorm said:
Why are you buying games that aren't daily deal when you have time to buy them till monday?

TheExodu5

Banned
What was the Medieval 2 daily deal a few days back? I thought that was Medieval 2 Total War (regular game) for $5...but apparently that's just a regular deal. Was there a complete pack on sale?

Zzoram

Max said:
Whoa, Steam remembered my cc number?

Steam used to have an option to remember all your information except your CC number. Now it remembers everything, or nothing, depending on if you tick the box.

Max

I am not Max
Zzoram said:
Steam used to have an option to remember all your information except your CC number. Now it remembers everything, or nothing, depending on if you tick the box.
Oh, that's handy, i'm used to entering my number every time

Double dipped Mass Effect

Javaman

I highly recommend World in Conflict if you guys missed it. It's an RTS without the basebuilding sorta similar to DOW2. (although you control more units) WW3 on American soil with special effects that would make Micheal Bay proud. :eek:O Only 10$ for the gold pack with the Soviet expansion. Hopefully it'll show up as a daily deal tomorrow or Sunday so more people have the opportunity to scoop it up.

Another thing, I like how they added the soviet expansion pack into the mix. They weave the soviet missions into the storyline of the original. In the first mission of the game you play the Soviet soldiers who fire the first shots of the war and invade West Berlin.

Official thread-
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=190119

Edit:LOL
6 nukes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU8eUHaEoq0&feature=related

domlolz

Banned
Javaman said:
I highly recommend World in Conflict if you guys missed it. It's an RTS without the basebuilding sorta similar to DOW2. (although you control more units) WW3 on American soil with special effects that would make Micheal Bay proud. :eek:O Only 10$ for the gold pack with the Soviet expansion. Hopefully it'll show up as a daily deal tomorrow or Sunday so more people have the opportunity to scoop it up.

Another thing, I like how they added the soviet expansion pack into the mix. They weave the soviet missions into the storyline of the original. In the first mission of the game you play the Soviet soldiers who fire the first shots of the war and invade West Berlin.

Official thread-
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=190119

I'm unsure whether to wait to see if it's in a daily deal or just get it today, it's only £10 so it's cheap enough but....................................

Loved the demo

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
domlolz said:
I'm unsure whether to wait to see if it's in a daily deal or just get it today, it's only £10 so it's cheap enough but....................................

Loved the demo
World in Conflict is easily the best looking and most action packed RTS ever made. At 10 duckets it would be a crime not to buy it.

edit: I see what you mean now. I guess the only issue with waiting is that games sometimes run out of keys. I got WiC Gold for 5 bucks during the big D2D RTS sale.

Volcynika

theMrCravens said:
Do holiday sales end tomorrow at midnight, or post Jan 3rd ?

Said through Jan 3rd so there should be one last set of daily deals (24 hours) that ends at Monday Noon EST, most likely with the rest of the sale.

Javaman

domlolz said:

Loved the demo

I went ahead and bought it, but with my luck it'll show up tomorrow or Sunday for $5.

Ettie

Bought outrun for 2.49. Now very tempted to buy an XB360 controller and PC adapter from Amazon for 50. Somewhere my logic has issues.

Speaking of issues, the game isn't detecting my network connection (wireless). Anyone else having the same problem?

Firebrand

Ettenra said:
Bought outrun for 2.49. Now very tempted to buy an XB360 controller and PC adapter from Amazon for 50. Somewhere my logic has issues.

Speaking of issues, the game isn't detecting my network connection (wireless). Anyone else having the same problem?

There is no online for Outrun2006 on PC, sorry. I don't know if there ever was, but there are no servers for multiplayer at the moment. Don't think online leaderboards, ghost data etc is working either.

Top Bottom