• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Volcynika

I like how everyone focused on getting Mass Effect, seems most forgot about the Fallout 3 GOTY price flub :lol

Wonder if that'll show up (I don't want it, but someone probably does!)

Jirotrom

Volcynika said:
I like how everyone focused on getting Mass Effect, seems most forgot about the Fallout 3 GOTY price flub :lol

i sure as hell do lol

Nabs

:lol :lol :lol :lol

they really want me to play mass effect

2ugdtsg.jpg

within seconds of each other

Volcynika

Nabs said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol

they really want me to play mass effect

http://i46.tinypic.com/2ugdtsg.jpg[IMG]

within seconds of each other[/QUOTE]

:lol

WHOSE KINDNESS WILL YOU TAKE? One will love you, the other will hate you.

Slavik81

Volcynika said:

I've been waiting on it and The Witcher, since I'll want to play them eventually and I was wondering if they'd go lower.

I'll buy them both on Sunday if there isn't a daily deal for them tomorrow.

Insured

SO tempted to buy Sam & Max Complete despite having the first season, and not yet having finished it :( I guess there's no way to get a discount for owning the first season, do I get two copies then, and guess I can gift s1 to someone?

Stupid holiday sale really... Buying Mass Effect for sure at least... Portal & Trials 2 I already own, but tempted to buy as a gift, argh.

Bii

I also have three guest passes for Shattered Horizon.

PM me your Steam ID. Also, I only have one friend on Steam. So...in exchange for a guest pass, you'll be on my friends list. :p

Parham

Banned
Insured said:
SO tempted to buy Sam & Max Complete despite having the first season, and not yet having finished it :( I guess there's no way to get a discount for owning the first season, do I get two copies then, and guess I can gift s1 to someone?

Stupid holiday sale really... Buying Mass Effect for sure at least... Portal & Trials 2 I already own, but tempted to buy as a gift, argh.

Only Orange Box allows you to gift extra copies. :(

Rahk

Might be able to contact Steam support and get it exchanged.

I didn't think Steam allowed you to gift a copy of something that somebody already has? Or was it because they were gifted at almost the same time?

(Talking about Mass Effect)

clav

Dang I wish I could have a free copy of Mass Effect...

It's only single player, and I'm not really a sucker for RPGs.

I'm more of a first person shooter, which is why I dig the Xbox 360 controller + games for it.

Yesterday I finally bought Crysis since at $13 that's cheaper then Warhead at retail. I just wanted to finally try it on my school computer. I can run it at almost high settings on a decent res and fps. I like it but not I want to kick myself for not getting Stalker. I hope the last day Team Fortress is cheap.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
claviertekky said:
Dang I wish I could have a free copy of Mass Effect...

It's only single player, and I'm not really a sucker for RPGs.

I'm more of a first person shooter, which is why I dig the Xbox 360 controller + games for it.

There is not even the slightest bit of support for 360 controllers in Mass Effect PC.

Zozobra

I really feel that, for now, I've wasted my money buying the Crysis games. I've had nothing but headaches trying to get either of these games to run properly on my Windows 7 machine. At least I'm able to actually change settings around in Warhead without the game completely locking up on me, but my cursor won't line up properly at all in the menu in either game.

Althane

I was going to get DMC4, before deciding I'd rather play it on a console. Which means that since I'm not giving anything to Steam today, I kinda feel in a giving mood. So I'm up for giving away a copy of ME and Portal. (yes, only one copy of each... I wouldn't mind being made out of money, but I'm not... =P)

Just PM me with your e-mail, and which one you'd rather have. ^_^

First one will get a copy of Trials too, if you want it.

Hopin' that 2010 will be a better year than 2009!

Edit: That was fast, copy of ME is away. (Does anyone know what the code is to do strikethrough?)

Edit: Copy of portal away. Have a good new year everybody. ^_^

Zozobra said:
I really feel that, for now, I've wasted my money buying the Crysis games. I've had nothing but headaches trying to get either of these games to run properly on my Windows 7 machine. At least I'm able to actually change settings around in Warhead without the game completely locking up on me, but my cursor won't line up properly at all in the menu in either game.
Thats strange. I've got Windows 7 and they both work fine.

Jirotrom said:
Is there a reason as to why Baldurs Gate 2, planescape torment and grim fandango arent on steam?

It's probably too much to expect Interplay and Wizards of the Coast to get together to put old games on Steam.

Hell, Atari can't even get NWN2 on Steam.

Firestorm

Volcynika said:

want it so effing bad

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Red Scarlet said:
I have a spare HL2 ep1 if you want it.
No thanks, Already got it. But thank you very much. I was being a bit sarcastic...well I not really since I'm cheap and I love free games!

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Do ya want a copy of ME?
This is so a trick question :lol

Hopefully you all wanting Fallout 3 GOTY get it tomorrow for like 19.99. Steam sales obviously bring out the best in Gaf.

GodfatherX said:
So for anyone who has played Trials HD, how does Trial 2 stack up?
Someone mentioned Trials HD being like a Trials 3. Not sure what the difference is, but I'm thinking of buying Trials HD. I have Trials 2 in the cart and am deciding whether I should get it or not. :lol

chixdiggit

Quick Steam question. I just built new PC with windows 7. I want to transfer some of my saves (mostly Plants VS Zombies) from my old XP machine. Any tips?

Blizzard

Banned
chixdiggit said:
Quick Steam question. I just built new PC with windows 7. I want to transfer some of my saves (mostly Plants VS Zombies) from my old XP machine. Any tips?
Plants vs. Zombies is special and stores your save data somewhere weird (C:\programdata\Steam\PlantsVsZombies I think?). If you copy that directory that MIGHT be good enough. Other games store data in their own random locations...might be the Steam common directory, might be ProgramData, might be Documents, depends on the game, unfortunately.

chixdiggit said:

If it's the Steam version on XP then it should be

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\plants vs zombies\userdata

I got the answer from here.

Zzoram

Why does Mass Effect not let me select 1680x1050 resolution? It only offers 1280x800 and 1280x960 as the highest offerings.

chixdiggit

Dr. Zoidberg said:
If it's the Steam version on XP then it should be

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\plants vs zombies\userdata

I got the answer from here.

Yep I found that. But now where do I put the file so it works on Windows 7?

Althane

Alright, I've given away a copy of ME and a copy of Portal, but neither wanted the copy of Trials 2, so I guess I'm throwing that out here now, if anybody wants it.

chixdiggit said:
Yep I found that. But now where do I put the file so it works on Windows 7?
C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\plants vs zombies\userdata
Probably. Unless you have 32-bit, then the same folder will do.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Dear Isamu Dyson,

Thank you for your recent purchase on Steam.

If you’re new to Steam, install the free Steam application now:

http://www.steampowered.com/getsteam

To play your new games, just launch the Steam application on your PC and log in using your Steam account name: isamu99. Your games will be available in Steam on the “My Games” tab.

Your credit card has been charged as detailed below. This email message will serve as your receipt. You can also access your Purchase History online at any time.

Killing Floor
9.99 USD

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (ROW)
4.99 USD

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
13.59 USD

Killing Floor - Outbreak Character Pack
1.99 USD

Killing Floor - Nightfall Character Pack
1.99 USD

Bioshock (NA)
13.39 USD

Fallout 3 - Game of the Year
37.49 USD

Resident Evil 5
37.49 USD

STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
9.99 USD

Crysis Complete (NA)
39.99 USD

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
14.99 USD

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
19.99 USD

Grand Theft Auto IV (US/AU)
29.99 USD

Subtotal
235.87 USD

Total
235.87 USD

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

DAMMIT!!! I forgot about Steet Fighter IV! *runs back to Steam*

Shadowlink said:
Someone mentioned Trials HD being like a Trials 3. Not sure what the difference is, but I'm thinking of buying Trials HD. I have Trials 2 in the cart and am deciding whether I should get it or not. :lol
I can vouch for Trials HD, digital crack and add the expansion for the best $15 I've spent in years

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Althane said:
Alright, I've given away a copy of ME and a copy of Portal, but neither wanted the copy of Trials 2, so I guess I'm throwing that out here now, if anybody wants it.

YES!

edit:dammit!:lol

Top Bottom