• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

chixdiggit

Jet Grind Radio! said:
C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\plants vs zombies\userdata
Probably. Unless you have 32-bit, then the same folder will do.

I have 64 bit.
I followed that same path and dumped it in. But it does not work.

K.Sabot

Damn, no where near my card or card info. I've been waiting for Mass Effect to drop, AND NOW I GET TO MISS IT (DAMN YOU NEW YEARS). Hopefully if they drop Borderlands, I won't miss it this time.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
isamu, whats your steam id? I'll play some killing floor with you.

Also nice on getting Bloodlines. It seems doubtful it'll get put on sale. Shame.

chixdiggit said:
I have 64 bit.
I followed that same path and dumped it in. But it does not work.

Vista and 7 should be:

C:\ProgramData\Steam\PlantsVsZombies\userdata

Rule of thumb is that any user data that used to go into XP's "Program Files" goes in "ProgramData" from Vista on. "Program Files" is only for EXEs, DLLs, and the like. Things that don't get written by the user or his actions.

K.Sabot said:
Damn, no where near my card or card info. I've been waiting for Mass Effect to drop, AND NOW I GET TO MISS IT (DAMN YOU NEW YEARS). Hopefully if they drop Borderlands, I won't miss it this time.

If you had let Steam save your CC info this would not be a problem.

Are there any other good mods for GTA 4 or Rainbow Six Vegas 2? I got the motion blur mod for GTA 4, which is awesome...but I can't really find too many mods.

Specifically, for GTA 4, is there a mod that locks the camera to the car direction while driving? Shit is annoying.

iammeiam

So I'm not horribly Steam-shopping-savvy, am I missing a wishlist option or is there just not one available? I'm trying to gather a list of things to grab on the 3rd if they don't show as a daily deal, and that'd make things go quicker.

HK-47 said:
Also nice on getting Bloodlines. It seems doubtful it'll get put on sale. Shame.

I'm still holding off on purchasing because I hope it will; even if it doesn't, Steam's MSRP for the game is $10 higher than Direct2Drive's apparent normal price, so it seems like there ought to be a price drop in the near future.

vertopci

Nabs said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol

they really want me to play mass effect

2ugdtsg.jpg

within seconds of each other

Haha. Guess I should have said something before I gifted it :p

SmZA

Jirotrom said:
Is there a reason as to why Baldurs Gate 2, planescape torment and grim fandango arent on steam?
BG2 & PS:T are D&D games so there's all sorts of licensing issues, GF may be released some day as Lucasarts work through their back catalogue.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The Witcher is probably the best RPG this half of the decade. Absolutely no reason I can think of not to get it for 13.49. I bought it full price at Fry's and never regretted it which is seldom.
Paulathon said:
BG2 & PS:T are D&D games so there's all sorts of licensing issues,
Think we will ever get them? Because I have Planescape and BG2, but I've been wanting to get IceWind Dale again for a while.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Damn you GAF for hooking me on this sale!

Street Fighter IV
29.99 USD

Dirt 2
31.99 USD

Batman: Arkham Asylum (NA)
33.49 USD

Saints Row 2 (ROW)
14.99 USD

Wolfenstein
37.49 USD

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
6.79 USD

Subtotal
154.74 USD

:( :( :( :(

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
NIGHT- said:
Thanks. For $13 bucks seems hard to pass up

just to add personally I'm waiting till sunday to see if it hits the sale.
If not then I just pick it up for the 13 bucks.

Bog

Junior Ace
I think I'm around 10 hours into ME on 360, but haven't touched it in a year. Is it worth getting the PC one to restart? Is it that much improved?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
wenis said:
just to add personally I'm waiting till sunday to see if it hits the sale.
If not then I just pick it up for the 13 bucks.
Isn't it like the 5Day sale from Thanksgiving. Where they don't have any sales on the last day but that is the day they end? Or am I remembering wrong.

K.Sabot said:

Why not ask someone from Gaf to buy it for you, gift it, and you pay them back? I'd say most gaffers are pretty trustful about this.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
HK-47 said:
isamu, whats your steam id? I'll play some killing floor with you.

It's Isamu99 :)

But it's gonna be a awhile b4 I get to Killing Flour. Gonna sink my teeth into some RE5 and MW2 for a while :D

K.Sabot

shintoki said:
Why not ask someone from Gaf to buy it for you, gift it, and you pay them back? I'd say most gaffers are pretty trustful about this.

It's not much of a problem, was going to buy it boxed if it didn't drop anyways.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
isamu said:
It's Isamu99 :)

But it's gonna be a awhile b4 I get to Killing Flour. Gonna sink my teeth into some RE5 and MW2 for a while :D

Dont worry about it. Plus KF is a game you can jump right into real quick.

Costanza

Banned
isamu said:
Damn you GAF for hooking me on this sale!

Street Fighter IV
29.99 USD

Dirt 2
31.99 USD

Batman: Arkham Asylum (NA)
33.49 USD

Saints Row 2 (ROW)
14.99 USD

Wolfenstein
37.49 USD

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
6.79 USD

Subtotal
154.74 USD

:( :( :( :(
I think you overpaid for everything there besides Riddick.

NIGHT-

Althane said:
Yes. Yes.

A million times yes.

Well I can't play anything on my current PC, but is $10 dollars a pretty good price to go ahead and jump on and play it when I get my new rig?

NIGHT- said:
Is Torchlight a good dungeon game for someone whose never played anything in the genre?

There is a demo on Steam.

I've never really played those isometric type of RPG loot games before but the footage of Diablo 3 had me interested. So I tried the demo for Torchlight and came really close to spending the last of my Steam sale money on it. It seems like the kind of game that anyone would enjoy.

NIGHT- said:
Well I can't play anything on my current PC, but is $10 dollars a pretty good price to go ahead and jump on and play it when I get my new rig?

Try the demo. The game really isn't very demanding so your pc might be able to handle it.

Althane

NIGHT- said:

It has really low requirements, so you might be able to play it on your current rig. And the game is well worth the full $20.

Zzoram

How do I tell my squad what type of gun to use in Mass Effect PC? How do I make them use powers? How do I quickbar my skills?

how is The Void?

I remember seeing a thread on GAF bout it, I love odd and strange game worlds but I can't stand horrible gameplay and presentation...so I'm kind of weary

vocab

GodfatherX said:
how is The Void?

I remember seeing a thread on GAF bout it, I love odd and strange game worlds but I can't stand horrible gameplay and presentation...so I'm kind of weary

There's some reviews, and not much word of mouth on it. I would like to know too, but if it doesn't get a daily deal in the next two days, I'll probably just buy something else.

Doomslayer said:
I have 1 Killing Floor guest pass and 3 Shattered Horizon guest passes available.
I would take a shattered horizon, game mechanic intrigues the shit out of me, but i just got a killing floor guest pass and i'm not greedy

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
GodfatherX said:
how is The Void?

It has superb presentation. However, if its anything like Pathologic, its an emotionally draining experience. Its not everyone's cup of tea, but its unlike pretty much anything else out there.

Top Bottom