• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I just started Chapter 5 in Jade Empire, about how much longer do I have? I just hit the big plot twist and all I have to say is derp derp derp Bioware's twists are becoming more and more obvious. :lol

Thomper

Des0lar said:
Was there already a Borderlands sale?

If not: Borderlands super cheap pls.
Hasn't been on sale yet. You could go for the 4-pack though, it's only 25 dollars per copy of the game. If it doesn't go on sale, I might be interested in that.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
kennah said:
So after all that, the winners already had Mass Effect.
All 3 of us? Really? Well I guess we needed it in order to create the piccies, and frankly, if you didn't own it by now you're a bad person!

Anyway, 2:30 until more dealery, I wonder if the sale will go off with a bang?

dejan

My personal wishlist for the remaining daily deals:
- Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack
- Call of Juarez Pack
- Cryostasis
- Dawn of Discovery aka Anno 1404

zbarron

dejan said:
- Call of Juarez Pack
- Cryostasis
You don't want Cryostasis. I got it for free with my EVGA card and it is horrible.

You now own Sam and Max Episode 1, Sam and Max Episode 2, Sam and Max Episode 3, Sam and Max Episode 4, Sam and Max Episode 5, Sam and Max Episode 6, Sam and Max 201: Ice Station Santa, Sam and Max 202: Moai Better Blues, Sam and Max 203: Night of the Raving Dead, Sam and Max 204: Chariots of the Dogs, Sam and Max 205: What's New Beelzebub.

Jan 01
You now own Outrun2006 Coast 2 Coast.

You now own Trials 2 Second Edition.

Dec 31
You now own Darwinia, Multiwinia.

You now own Street Fighter IV.

You now own Osmos.

Dec 30
You now own Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne.

You now own Jade Empire.

Dec 28
You now own Killing Floor, Killing Floor SDK, Killing Floor Mod: Defence Alliance 2.

Dec 26
You now own Torchlight, Torchlight Editor.

Dec 24
You now own Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter.

Dec 23
You now own Grand Theft Auto IV.

Dec 22
You now own Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, The Dig, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Loom.

And of all of those only Serious Sam HD was a gift :lol

I probably won't even play alot of these for at least a couple of months cause I've still got Dragon Age to finish then I'm going to play through Mass Effect 1 before ME2 comes out. I figure I might aswell get them while they're super cheap though.

Kinda hoping there isn't much worth getting today and is tomorrow going to be a sale day too?

Asparagus

dejan said:
- Call of Juarez Pack
- Cryostasis

I wouldn't mind seeing Anno in a daily deal. I want to see The Last Remnant but it's not even a part of the normal sale so... :(

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
It was dirt cheap a week or two ago.
Yep, Was well worth the money, well it will be when I get round to giving some time!

Anyway, as someone else posted theirs...

Dec 31: You now own Shattered Horizon, Shattered Horizon Dedicated Server.
You now own Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne.
Dec 29: You now own Quake 3 Arena, Wolfenstein 3D, Ultimate Doom, Final Doom, Doom 2, Quake, Quake II, Quake II: The Reckoning, Quake II: Ground Zero, Quake 3 Team Arena, Hexen, Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel, Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders, Spear of Destiny, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Quake Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity, Quake Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon, Doom 3, Hexen 2, Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil, Master Levels of Doom II, Commander Keen Complete Pack.
You now own Killing Floor, Killing Floor SDK, Killing Floor Mod: Defence Alliance 2.
Dec 15: You now own The Last Remnant.
Dec 13: You now own Red Orchestra.
Nov 30: You now own Monkey Island Special Edition.
Nov 28: You now own Ghostbusters: The Video Game.

Eep.

Rahk

Stop It said:
All 3 of us? Really? Well I guess we needed it in order to create the piccies, and frankly, if you didn't own it by now you're a bad person!
The caption I wrote would probably only make sense to people that have played it, and even then it's pretty obscure since it's from a single line of dialogue that you have to go out of the way to come across.

Shepherd: Why would anyone want Krogan Testicles?
Garrus: They'll pay up to 10,000 credits each. That's 40,000 for a full set.

Firebrand

Nitemare1 said:
Has anyone tried Beyond Good and Evil on Windows 7? I've never played it and at 5$ I should probably give it a shot.

I believe there is a demo, I strongly suggest you try it before purchasing. I had some severe graphical issues and bad performance on a Vista32/8400GS computer, while it ran just fine on the Vista32/GTX260.

Nitemare1

Firebrand said:
I believe there is a demo, I strongly suggest you try it before purchasing. I had some severe graphical issues and bad performance on a Vista32/8400GS computer, while it ran just fine on the Vista32/GTX260.

Thanks for the heads up!

bengraven

Mount and Blade will be on sale today or tomorrow and I will fucking cry because I spent $15 on it last weekend.

But it will be tears of JOY as well that others will get a chance to play
modtheFUCKoutofitkids

Dunlop

slidewinder said:
Right-click on it in your games list within Steam and there's an option to create a desktop shortcut.

I officially feel stupid, I right clicked and looked at that window at least5 times and didn't notice that option

thanks!

Firebrand

Nitemare1 said:
Thanks for the heads up!

I think the main issues are:
- Textures flickering, appearing/disappearing. Can be fixed by disabling HW Vertex processing, which can kill performance.
- Voices out of sync / some scenes running too fast. Can be fixed by running a process to compete for CPU time (this apparantely what gog.com's launcher does, according to a forum post), possibly by setting core affinity to just a single core.
See the Steam/GOG forums for more info.

The game itself is fantastic I think, it just seems the PC port has some issues with current hardware. And oh, no gamepad support and if you invert the mouse Y-axis the X-axis is inverted as well. :lol

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
dejan said:
- Call of Juarez Pack
- Cryostasis

This. If it's 66% or more off it's an insta buy for me.

WHOAguitarninja said:
This is the last set of deals, right? Or is there another tomorrow?

We don't know yet. It's probably the second to last daily, but we won't know until the counter changes. If it's the final one then it'll say it on the counter.

Jirotrom

WHOAguitarninja said:
This is the last set of deals, right? Or is there another tomorrow?
on the front page of steam it says get a new set of deals when the timer ends.... when it stops saying get a new set of deals we know when everything ends

Jirotrom

Zapages said:
I can't believe I missed SF IV for 10 dollars. :(
for folks like you i may get something that i know folks will want cheap to gift out since some people are busy... they can always paypal me back.

Volcynika

Jirotrom said:
on the front page of steam it says get a new set of deals when the timer ends.... when it stops saying get a new set of deals we know when everything ends

Should not go by that, the early Holiday Sale had that exact same message WITH the last set of deals. They could fix it this time, but we can't go on that unless we absolutely know.

Volcynika said:
Should not go by that, the early Holiday Sale had that exact same message WITH the last set of deals. They could fix it this time, but we can't go on that unless we absolutely know.

Initially it did but it did update to last day of sales or something similar. They definitely updated it to the correct wording.

Jirotrom

Volcynika said:
i see

drizzle

Axel Hertz
tomedo said:
Oh ffs why did I get that Crysis pack ... urge to upgrade pc rising ... must ... resist.
I'm already looking at ATI 5870's prices, not only for crysis, but for BC2 later in march.

I decided i'll wait to see how my 8800gtx will perform in the beta before making a decision.

Volcynika

crimsonheadGCN said:
Yeah, the countdown on the final day was corrected after the first hour or so during the Early Holiday Sale.

Ah. Well I barely look at the store page after I see the deals anyways, must've been why I didn't notice it.

Stitch

Gold Member
kinda funny how mass effects is telling you that you're using ultra high textures but most of them are low-res :lol i guess that's why they're using the fugly grain filter. ahh xbox ports. gotta love them.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
For some reason i don't think next years Steam sale will be as awesome to me. I think i've purchased most everything i want from Steam and while they are continually adding new games i think the weekly deals will most likely satisfy me. I just don't see myself buying too much from the next Steam sale.

Firebrand

Stitch said:
kinda funny how mass effects is telling you that you're using ultra high textures but most of them are low-res :lol i guess that's why they're using the fugly grain filter. ahh xbox ports. gotta love them.

Did you restart the game after changing video options...?

zombieshavebrains said:
For some reason i don't think next years Steam sale will be as awesome to me. I think i've purchased most everything i want from Steam and while they are continually adding new games i think the weekly deals will most likely satisfy me. I just don't see myself buying too much from the next Steam sale.

It depends on how much you normally buy from them. You'll probably have a lower volume of games purchased since if you got some of the collection like eidos or the such it won't benefit you to buy it again next year. But if you stocked up this year I would assume you'll get less next year from a lot being purchased now but there's also a lot of games that can come out in that year whether new or old.

Top Bottom