• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
1-D_FTW said:
I can't get the store to load, but doesn't the sale end on the 3rd? Wouldn't that mean this is the last day and it ends in 24 hours? Otherwise, if there's another sale tomorrow, it should end on the 4th. I would think.
I believe Steam's wording is "runs through the 3rd" so it doesn't have to actually end on the 3rd.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
StoOgE said:
So, I bought Crysis pack the other day.. I'm having real problems with the mouse not working properly in the menus. My monitor is 1080p, but I have to run the game in 720p because my system will die trying to render it in a higher resolution.

The game seems to have real issues running in fullscreen with a resolution that isn't native to the monitor.
More likely your monitor has real issues when displaying a resolution that's not native to it.

Your monitor sucks at resizing the screen size. Do it through the videocard or don't do it at all (and play on a window with black borders all around it).

Not much else you can do about it.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
C&C was it for me today. I have had Trine since it came out on Steam and everyone should pick it up.

And yes, Morrowind GotY has both of the expansions. I would pick that up as well, but I played through it so much a few years ago. Definitely agree with others who Morrowind is much more fun than Oblivion.

Dambrosi

Banned
Fuck, is that it? No Diablo pack or anything? Lame. :lol

Oh well, at least my wallet gets a rest tonight...

And before anyone says anything, I know, it's a joke

Ultimatum said:
lol, they call this a set? -_-
Oh come on dude, 13 days of sale so far and you're still complaining? Never change, Gaf.
tjohn86 said:
Except the game is way too old for 4.99
I think someone still can have great fun with this game, especially for 5 bucks.
Eaten By A Grue said:
They have had Morrowind on sale before as a weekend sale. Everyone has been waiting for Oblivion.
I can see that, but still. This game is amazing.

Cindres said:
Nah, the timer's reset and counting down till tomorrow.

Also, this sucks. I have RA3 and CSS. Have no interest in Trine or Morrowind, i'm still playing Oblivion.

I don't think that's really an indicator as that'd be counting down either way, if today is the last sale day it'd still have to countdown to let us know how long till this sale finishes.

Baha

Dambrosi said:

Diablo isn't on steam, it's a Blizzard store exclusive for now.

1-D_FTW

grandjedi6 said:
I believe Steam's wording is "runs through the 3rd" so it doesn't have to actually end on the 3rd.

I got it too load and I think you're right. There's a couple games I'm on the fence about, but I'm just going to roll the dice on them.

Trine and Outrun 2006 are mine today. Don't have to worry about Outrun going any lower.

Dennis

Banned
Everybody who doesn't already have Morrowind needs to buy it now. It is fantastic.

Buy it, then mod the fuck out of it.

Alucrid

Banned
Dambrosi said:

Didn't someone already tell you about no Blizzard games being on Steam?

No Fallout 3, Oblivion or Fallout Collection makes me sad.

Penumbra Collection worth it for $10?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
ezekial45 said:
Wait, so this is the last deal? Theres nothing tomorrow?

I'm not up to standards on my xmas celebration shennanigans, but i'm aware that the song "Twelve day of christmas" has some meaning. Checking steam's forums i can see:

Day Eleven!

Quote:
Just two more days of great savings. In addition to the publisher packs and catalog discounts throughout the store, here are the one-day-only deals for today:

Trine
All Command & Conquer Games
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition
Counter-Strike: Source
Painkiller: Collectors Pack

Tomorrow is day twelve, the update on the page descibes itself as today being a deal day that's starting RIGHT NOW, and tomorrow is the last day of deals. Since tomorrow is the twelfth (?) day, i'm pretty sure there's another set of deals tomorrow.

clav

Nothing good today. Many C&C veterans say RA3 is just a bunch of hot women in FMVs and a dumbed down version of C&C3.

Trine may be the only game that people will consider in today's deals.

You can probably find Morrowwind in a box full of old games at your local gamestop for like $1.

dani_dc

Never played any Elder Scrolls, so I'm tempted to get Morrowind.

Seems like Europe is missing PainKiller Collectors Pack.

RedSwirl

So when exactly does the sale end? January 3rd at noon EST, or will that day have one last deal that lasts until the next day at noon EST? I'm still holding off on The Witcher.

Volcynika

RedSwirl said:
So when exactly does the sale end? January 3rd at noon EST, or will that day have one last deal that lasts until the next day at noon EST? I'm still holding off on The Witcher.

"Just two more days of great savings. In addition to the publisher packs and catalog discounts throughout the store, here are the one-day-only deals for today:"

That's their news update for today. So it appears another daily deal set tomorrow.

Dambrosi said:

And before anyone says anything, I know, it's a joke
Blizzard doesn't have any of their games on Steam.

Thomper

RedSwirl said:
Steam's very own newspage says this:
Just two more days of great savings. In addition to the publisher packs and catalog discounts throughout the store, here are the one-day-only deals for today
http://store.steampowered.com/news/
So one more set of deals after this.

1-D_FTW

Anyone know if it's difficult to get Trine playing nice with the Wiimote/nunchuk? I'd prefer to play it on the HDTV with that. And I've got a USB bluetooth adaptor that I bought months ago sitting around.

RedSwirl said:

"Get a new set of deals when the timer reaches zero!"

That means we get new deals tomorrow.

Oozinator

Banned
zbarron said:
No, but it does have 3 player local co-op.
Like... 3 people on the same keyboard ?
507462790_06cab1ec5f.jpg

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
DennisK4 said:
Everybody who doesn't already have Morrowind needs to buy it now. It is fantastic.

Buy it, then mod the fuck out of it.

Far more satisfying game than Oblivion.

Top Bottom