• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Couldn't resist grabbing Sam and Max: Complete at the last minute.

I already own 4 episodes of season 1, but the complete pack was 50% cheaper than just the season 2 complete pack.. so it was too tempting to pass up.

Mass Effect finished downloading (thanks again LovingSteam!) and I've set the resolution to 1440x900, but next to the resolution it says 16:9. Is the image stretched for 1440x900 or is it true 16:10 and that is an error in the menu?

Volcynika

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition includes Morrowind plus all of the content from the Bloodmoon and Tribunal expansions. The original Mod Construction Set is not included in this package.... more
$19.99 $4.99
Add to Cart

Painkiller: Collectors Pack
The critically-acclaimed and award-winning FPS franchise includes: Painkiller: Black Edition, Painkiller Overdose and Painkiller: Resurrection.... more
$34.99 $8.74
Add to Cart

Counter-Strike: Source
THE NEXT INSTALLMENT OF THE WORLD'S # 1 ONLINE ACTION GAME Counter-Strike: Source blends Counter-Strike's award-winning teamplay action with the advanced technology of Source™ technology.... more
$19.99 $4.99
Add to Cart

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
The desperate leadership of a doomed Soviet Union travels back in time to change history and restore the glory of Mother Russia.... more
$29.99 $10.19
Add to Cart

Trine
Trine is a fantasy action game where the player can create and use physics-based objects to beat hazardous puzzles and threatening enemies.... more
$19.99 $4.99
Add to Cart

Kunan

Is today the last sale? Sorry if this has been answered I'm temporarily stuck in such bad Internet I can barely load a page.

Counter-Strike: Source $4.99

Painkiller: Collectors Pack $8.74

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition $4.99

Trine $4.99

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 $10.19

Nothing for me today unfortunately (and fortunately).

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Kunan said:
Is today the last sale? Sorry if this has been answered I'm temporarily stuck in such bad Internet I can barely load a page.

Nah, the timer's reset and counting down till tomorrow.

Also, this sucks. I have RA3 and CSS. Have no interest in Trine or Morrowind, i'm still playing Oblivion.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, we have CS:Source (Which was one offer the other day?) at 75% off, Morrowind: GOTY (Which I own) at 75% off, Trine (Which will be mine!) at 75% off and Red Alert 3 (Which I own) at 66% off.

Bugger.

Well, Painkiller: Black is still $4.99 and really is all you should be interested in called Painkiller.

But damn if the first Painkiller and expansion isn't up there with the FPS greats.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
About Morrowwind...

I loved and played Oblivion to death. People say Morrowind is much better. Really? Someone had a list of awesome mods for it here on GAF but I can't find it.

And WTF at Trine... is it a side-scroller or something? :lol

Mrbob

Buy Trine at $4.99 people. What a deal.

I would get it again if I didn't already own it. :D

And only Morrowind on sale from Bethesda that is lame. :x

Too bad the Red Alert 3 expansion isn't on steam.

Volcynika

DMPrince said:
no i have but it doesn't show 1400x900. Only goes up to 1280x1024 (4:3)

I thought I saw that res...hrm. My friend said he didn't see that one either. Odd. I got mine up to 1680x1050. Video card issue? I have no clue.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
So, I bought Crysis pack the other day.. I'm having real problems with the mouse not working properly in the menus. My monitor is 1080p, but I have to run the game in 720p because my system will die trying to render it in a higher resolution.

The game seems to have real issues running in fullscreen with a resolution that isn't native to the monitor.

1-D_FTW

Cindres said:
Nah, the timer's reset and counting down till tomorrow.

Also, this sucks. I have RA3 and CSS. Have no interest in Trine or Morrowind, i'm still playing Oblivion.

I can't get the store to load, but doesn't the sale end on the 3rd? Wouldn't that mean this is the last day and it ends in 24 hours? Otherwise, if there's another sale tomorrow, it should end on the 4th. I would think.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Mrbob said:
Buy Trine at $4.99 people. What a deal.

I would get it again if I didn't already own it. :D

And only Morrowind on sale from Bethesda that is lame. :x
I got trine for 10 bucks AND NEVER INSTALLED IT. :lol

I blame a shitload of other games i'm playing instead. Oh well, no harm done.

Arkham Asylum tomorrow, please god, please. I don't care about anything else in the eidos pack.

I <3 Memes said:
Mass Effect finished downloading (thanks again LovingSteam!) and I've set the resolution to 1440x900, but next to the resolution it says 16:9. Is the image stretched for 1440x900 or is it true 16:10 and that is an error in the menu?

Set your graphics settings in the Mass Effect Launcher in the Steam program folder. By default ME only gives you a set number of variables, the launcher gives you a ton more.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mass effect

Top Bottom