• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Dambrosi

Banned
Slavik81 said:
When you pay, you click a checkbox saying that you live in the same territory as your billing address. If you've lied on that, then they can take action.
Oh, OK then. I guess he'll just have to wait for AusGAF to come to his aid :D

Visualante said:
You know it has unpatched bugs? Valve contacted Atari after we bitched for a refund and they said they were working on it. But it never came out. Atari doesn't reply to any of their support requests.

I have to reinstall a fresh OS to play past the opening level.

...WOW. That sounds retardedly awful.

Puck

Banned
2zody52.jpg

I can gift people either of them if you can gift me their value via paypal.

Firestorm

Snapshot King said:
So there'll be another sale tomorrow? Cuz todays are pretty weak. However, can't say I'm unhappy. Made out with Civ 4, Both Max Paynes, Mass Effect, and the Jedi Knight series for the price of a single game. So awesome.
Fallout 3 GOTY Tomorrow.
Believe.

Firestorm

Costanza said:
Hope so. Sold my 360 version that I hadn't started in anticipation of a deal on the PC one.
So did I. Technically I could buy it back now and not lose anything as the trade in value was $40 when I traded it in (not to mention GOTY has the DLC), but come on. I wants me $25 or less.

Visualante said:
You know it has unpatched bugs? Valve contacted Atari after we bitched for a refund and they said they were working on it. But it never came out. Atari doesn't reply to any of their support requests.

Fwiw I bought the game at launch and have never had an issue.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Firestorm said:
Fallout 3 GOTY Tomorrow.
Believe.
I'll give you the Shintoki blessing for it. Why? Because everything I wanted ended up as a Daily Deal at one point or another through this sale

/Shintoki Blessing for Fallout 3 GOTY 19.99$ or less

I wouldn't mind either Oblivion GOTY or F3 GOTY tomorrow. Even though I still have the 360 version of F3, I'd want it for the mods when I build a computer. I want Oblivion purely for the Yoko character model. Yum.

Puck said:
http://i45.tinypic.com/2zody52.jpg[/IG]

I can gift people either of them if you can gift me their value via paypal.[/QUOTE]
This reminds me. I still need to pick up STALKER: Clear Sky tomorrow, too.

Jirotrom

Dambrosi said:
Wasn't Farcry 2 already a Daily?
no... but im starting to doubt the validity of the professional reviews
. Ive never seen such a stark difference between critic and people reviews... wow

Costanza said:
I just broke down and bought the Telltale and Eidos packs. Damn I'm gonna miss that $100 :(
It was a good value. Eidos is very worth it. And if you like point & click adventures, the Telltale pack is great. I was playing some wallace & gromit with my daughter tonight.

I noticed that Popcap is no longer $50, I was gonna suggest a friend get that. At $75, it is not such a good deal for him since he already had several of the good games.

Hope Fallout isn't the big final deal tomorrow. Played it to death on 360, PC ain't strong enough to run it perfectly yet. It'd be a real letdown. For me anyway =(

wenis said:
quick question has ghostbusters already hit the one day sale?

Need to know before I click buy in the next 10 seconds :lol
I really doubt you'll get it for less than $6.79, but maybe. I guess Trine did drop from $7.5 to $5.

Ghostbusters is great game for $6.79 . . . I have been very pleasantly surprised. Kinda short but fun.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Visualante said:

Haven't had any issues with ghostbusters here and i'm at the stay puft level, which is maybe ~1hr into the game.

Dambrosi

Banned
speculawyer said:
I really doubt you'll get it for less than $6.79, but maybe. I guess Trine did drop from $7.5 to $5.

Ghostbusters is great game for $6.79 . . . I have been very pleasantly surprised. Kinda short but fun.
Did you have any problems running it, like Visualante did?

Dambrosi said:
Did you have any problems running it, like Visualante did?
No problems for me. I'm running on a HP notebook with some AMD 64 bit processor, ATI Radeon 4650 with 1GB, and Win 7. Some slow down when the action gets crazy (really nice graphcis) but acceptable.

And I've been playing with a 360 controller. Very nice. Playing the game made me big steam fan.

Dambrosi

Banned
speculawyer said:
No problems for me. I'm running on a HP notebook with some AMD 64 bit processor, ATI Radeon 4650 with 1GB, and Win 7. Some slow down when the action gets crazy (really nice graphcis) but acceptable.

And I've been playing with a 360 controller. Very nice. Playing the game made me big steam fan.
Damn, I've got the same machine as you, except as a desktop and running XP Pro. I might pick this up, Dailies allowing.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Mr. Spinnington said:
8.5 hours....

may god have mercy on our wallets..

Steam is not going to be ready for the onslaught of last minute buys and downloads...system failure imminent :lol

Smash88

Banned
I have read all 8100+ posts and counting, and I'm honestly going to miss this thread once it's all over. I've spent so much of my time here, this is like a forum unto its own. Good people, good laughs, and good times. I will never forget these last couple of weeks.

Here's to another great Steam sale next year as well. *raises glass*

Dambrosi

Banned
Smash88 said:
I have read all 8100+ posts and counting, and I'm honestly going to miss this thread once it's all over. I've spent so much of my time here, this is like a forum unto its own. Good people, good laughs, and good times. I will never forget these last couple of weeks.

Here's to another great Steam sale next year as well. *raises glass*
Hey, don't clink yer tankard yet, man - it ain't over yet!

In fact, I'd strongly suggest that this thread has another week of life left in it :D

Smash88

Banned
Dambrosi said:
Hey, don't clink yer tankard yet, man - it ain't over yet!

In fact, I'd strongly suggest that this thread has another week of life left in it :D

Just doing an early good bye, because it will be hectic for the next 2 days with all the last minute purchases, cries, complaints, happiness, overjoy, etc...just wanted to get my piece in. :lol

kuYuri

I still can't believe F.E.A.R. 2 hasn't gone on sale. Game is still $50 eleven months later and I bought it for $10 at retail.

nilbog21

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
I still can't believe F.E.A.R. 2 hasn't gone on sale. Game is still $50 eleven months later and I bought it for $10 at retail.

Ya no joke, i wanted to play that expansion so bad O:

ArjanN

evlcookie said:
Haven't had any issues with ghostbusters here and i'm at the stay puft level, which is maybe ~1hr into the game.

I had no problems until about halfway into the game. Then it crashed and now it won't start at all any more. It's like that for tons of people. The game is downright broken.

Polk

Strider2K99 said:
So why do you need it cheap online? You can enter cd-key and activate steam version.

kuYuri

Polk said:
So why do you need it cheap online? You can enter cd-key and activate steam version.

I don't. I already have the game tied to my account, but this is a game more people should get and another nice sale would help. A sale would probably also allow the Reborn DLC to get discounted.

ArjanN

Strider2K99 said:

Wasn't there a deal some time ago? I think I remember one...

I think the one bad part about these deals is people actively waiting for them might reduce early sales.

kuYuri

ArjanN said:
Wasn't there a deal some time ago? I think I remember one...

I think the one bad part about these deals is people actively waiting for them might reduce early sales.

Yeah, there was one several months back.

Everdred

1) What one Steam purchase you made during this sale are you the most pleased with? Why?
Braid, awesome game.

2) What one Steam purchase from this sale are you least pleased with? Why?
Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast. Game sucks and support sucks.

3) How much did you spend on this sale? (Estimates are fine.)
$50+

4) What will you do differently next year?
Only buy games I have time to play and only buy games that I know I will enjoy.

5) What games would you most like to see on Steam?
Grim Fandango

6) What would you pay for them?
$15

Re-posting from CAG:

1) What one Steam purchase you made during this sale are you the most pleased with? Why? Id Super Pack, although I would have just gotten the doom pack during the daily deal if I had been more patient. I've wanted to replay doom 3 forever. Still a ridiculous deal for $23.49

2) What one Steam purchase from this sale are you least pleased with? Why? same as above.

3) How much did you spend on this sale? (Estimates are fine.) ~$117.00

4) What will you do differently next year? I will buy less PC games at retail for fear of wanting to re-buy during steam sales. Coulda gotten Batman and RE5 for a bunch less.

5) What game would you most like to see on Steam? KOTOR2, FEAR, Battlefied 1942/2142, Sins of a Solar Empire

6) What would you pay for it?10-20 each

Seagoon

1) What one Steam purchase you made during this sale are you the most pleased with? Why?
Burnout Revenge, Played the demo back when I had a 360 and absolutely loved it - when I heard this was coming out on PC I nearly fell off my chair, but money and other commitments meant I never got around to buying. Seeing this game on sale for $7.50 was an opportunity to good to miss.

2) What one Steam purchase from this sale are you least pleased with? Why?
Lumines - it's a pretty shitty port with no ongoing support from the developer (much like Saints Row 2). Basically the only way I can get any sound on Windows 7 from the game, is to change my speaker setup to 2 channel sound. It's a pain in the ass and I don't see myself playing it much if at all. Oh and the highest resolution the game supports is something like 960x540 - ridiculous :D

3) How much did you spend on this sale? (Estimates are fine.)
$65 (for 7 games).

4) What will you do differently next year?
Probably read more about each title before purchasing (to avoid things like Lumines mainly).

5) What games would you most like to see on Steam?
I'd really like to see a PC version of Brutal Legend and maybe the Microsoft back catalogue (fat chance of that happening).

6) What would you pay for them?
Probably the maximum of $20 for newer titles (like Rise of Legends, Halo 2 etc.)

Top Bottom