• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Druz

MNC said:
Company of Heroes + Red Alert 3, are they good for an RTS fix? Also, is Opposing Fronts a must as well?

Hopefully you didn't waste your money with the poor responses.

Don't buy normal COH, buy Tales of Valor. It includes both original and OF armies. The only difference is the single player campaigns which are lighter than the original and expansion.

JADS

1) What one Steam purchase you made during this sale are you the most pleased with? Why?
Either Outrun or Penumbra. Both are just buckets of fun.

2) What one Steam purchase from this sale are you least pleased with? Why?
Grand Theft Auto IV. Shitty PC port with no AA option and stupid Rockstar Social, awesome! I spent a few hours trying to make the game look passable but I have giving up on it.

3) How much did you spend on this sale? (Estimates are fine.)
Around €80.-

4) What will you do differently next year?
Buy stuff at the last day, saves me money :lol

5) What game would you most like to see on Steam?
Legacy of Kain series, except I doubt that Square Enix would put that on :(

6) What would you pay for it?
€30,-

Magni

noisome07 said:
Lets get some final guesses up in this bitch!

Borderlands (20$)
Valve Complete Pack (50$)
The Witcher (5$)
Dirt 2 (20$)
The Force Unleashed (20$)

Yea, a bit over the top but it's the last day, come on bombshells!!

Arkham Asylum - 20$
Anno 1404 - 10$

Probably won't see either, but it's nice to dream :lol

iammeiam

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines please

and maybe a Prince of Persia pack that doesn't require me rebuying PoP2008.

Good daily specials or no, it's about to get costly as hell for me. All the titles I'd put off, hoping they'd pop up as a daily....

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
1) What one Steam purchase you made during this sale are you the most pleased with? Why?
The Max Payne pack, £2.24 for games that still look great today and of course the story hasn't aged at all.

2) What one Steam purchase from this sale are you least pleased with? Why?
The id Super Pack, not because it isn't 100% awesome, but because it has added so many games to my backlog and they all really do need playing. Bastards.

3) How much did you spend on this sale? (Estimates are fine.)

Roundabout £60, including gifts.

4) What will you do differently next year?
Er, Hide. Pretend Steam doesn't exist, or something

5) What game would you most like to see on Steam?
Planescape: Torment

6) What would you pay for it?
No more than £10.

Dambrosi

Banned
The Witcher £5
Fallout GOTY £10-£15
The Last Remnant (fuck it, complete wild guess)
Valve Complete £35-£40
Batman AA £10

Total wish fodder.

kswiston said:
hahaha. Anyone with the popcap collection notice that typer shark is glitched in Win7 64bit?

I played for maybe 20mins last night, then exited the game. Tried to start a game on steam this morning, and it said I already running a game. I checked my community profile, and it showed me as currently playing typer shark, something that Steam thinks I have been doing for the last 12 hours. Sure enough, when I checked control panel, popcapgame1.exe was running.

So now I have 12 hours of Typer Shark logged on my account. Wonder if any of my friends thought I was a Typer Shark fiend last night and this morning.
I had the EXACT same thing happen. I've got 8.5 hours of Typer Shark . . . I played it for like 10 minutes. :D

Xapati

Lyonaz said:
Witcher and Titan Quest Gold please!

Both these games are already quite cheap. Even if they go on a daily deal they won't get much cheaper. I'd like to see some more expensive games go on sale by 50%-75%. Oblivion would have been nice, but I doubt it's gonna happen now. Still got my fingers crossed for a guild wars deal.

Reno7728

BioShock™
BioShock is a shooter unlike any you've ever played, loaded with weapons and tactics never seen.... more
£13.99 £3.49
Add to Cart

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
In 1986, the world's worst nuclear disaster occurred at the Chernobyl power station.... more
£13.99 £2.00
Add to Cart

Killing Floor
Killing Floor is a Co-op Survival Horror FPS set in the devastated cities and countryside of England after a series of cloning experiments for the military goes horribly wrong.... more
£14.99 £3.75
Add to Cart

Left 4 Dead 2
Set in the zombie apocalypse, Left 4 Dead 2 (L4D2) is the highly anticipated sequel to the award-winning Left 4 Dead, the #1 co-op game of 2008.... more
£29.99 £20.09
Add to Cart

Torchlight
Behold Torchlight, a fresh new Action RPG franchise developed by Runic Games. Torchlight is being developed in Seattle by a veteran team composed of the designers and leads of projects like Diablo, Diablo II, Mythos, and Fate.... more
£14.99 £3.75
Add to Cart

Grand Theft Auto IV
What does the American dream mean today? For Niko Bellic fresh off the boat from Europe, it is the hope he can escape from his past.... more
£19.99 £4.99
Add to Cart

Defense Grid: The Awakening
Defense Grid: The Awakening is a unique spin on tower defense gameplay that will appeal to players of all skill levels. A horde of enemies is invading, and it's up to the player to stop them by strategically building fortification towers around their base....
£1.75

iammeiam

Nice for the people who missed some of the earlier deals (BUY TORCHLIGHT), sucks for those who more or less kept up all week because... boring.

Top Bottom