• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Defense Grid! BUY IT! It's a lot of fun, probably the best Tower Defense game out there. Certainly the best I've played. The production value and quality is worlds beyond the price.

Hmm, I resisted Torchlight before, but I don't know if I can anymore...

Hmmm, I'd appreciate this if it were all the previous deals instead of just select ones. Also, why isn't prey back in stock yet? It better not conveniently show back up tomorrow.

Zzoram

nyong said:
Possibly another bug?

I hope.

Can anyone help me with this? My friend's TF2 says this:
"this game is currently unavailable. please try again at another time"
and has been doing it for over a day. How do you fix this?

Damn, was hoping for something new, but oh well. Nice for the lazy people who haven't been following it every day I guess.

At any rate, now that there are no more daily deals, what are some deals that have been going on all this time that people should jump on? I assume others had been holding out to see what would hit daily first.

just shows how far out ahead steam is in terms of value when specials like these look lame...

was waiting on a sweet Fallout deal too...

11r99py.jpg

Owzers

I'm glad Stalker is back since i sadly passed it up because i haven't upgraded my pc yet ( or ever), but still disappointed there aren't NEW games added too. Why can't you do both Steam!

Lyonaz

Bah, won't be getting anything anymore.

I'll wait for another holiday sale and start playing my huge backlog on steam now. :lol

nyong

Banned
Zzoram said:

I just bought Defense Grid and GTA IV, so bring on the "real deals" :D

I would probably wager money that LFD2 is a pricing error at the very least. Watch it drop to $19.99.

kswiston

noisome07 said:
L4D 33$ today only? ITS BEEN LIKE THAT FOREVER COME ON NOW!!!

Actually, it was 25% off the whole sale. 8% cheaper!!!

At least my wallet is safe today. Still owe my brother about $5-6 worth of gifts for our xmas exchange, but other than that, I'm not sure if I am getting anything today. Will have to check the regular deals once more.

Stitch

Gold Member
no witcher for me

i kinda want GTA but it seems to be a shitty port and everything i liked about the other GTA games seems to be missing...

Owzers

Marty Chinn said:
Damn, was hoping for something new, but oh well. Nice for the lazy people who haven't been following it every day I guess.

At any rate, now that there are no more daily deals, what are some deals that have been going on all this time that people should jump on? I assume others had been holding out to see what would hit daily first.

Alien Shooter 2
Zombie Shooter 2
Time Gentlemen, Please!

and some games from GoG like Disciples 2, Gothic 2, Fallout 2, and maybe HoMM 3

Well since I missed out on GTA4 and now it's back, someone is telling me I might as well buy it at £5 then not at all. Killing floor reduced again too.

Ugh. Really hoping for the Telltale pack and Oblivion/Fallout 3. Have them on the console so I don't want to double dip really unless there was a really good deal. Shame I have 4 of the games on the DotD.

Not with a bang but a whimper.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Tempted to get BioShock but i already have it on 360. Any other good deals that have been going on the whole time?

Thomper

Steam's newspage has the announcement, it's the most popular sales of the past few days:
STEAM HOLIDAY SALE: THE ENCORE
January 2, 2010, 9:00 am - Valve - General Announcement

We have reached the final day of Steam Holiday Sale and that demands an encore presentation from the most popular games from throughout the sale. This sale will end at 9:00 AM PST on January 4th so hurry before the curtain closes on all of these great deals.

BioShock
Grand Theft Auto IV
Torchlight
Left 4 Dead 2
Killing Floor
Defense Grid: The Awakening
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Well, time to buy the stuff I wasn't planning to buy until the final day.

Kipe

Zzoram said:
I hope.

Can anyone help me with this? My friend's TF2 says this:
"this game is currently unavailable. please try again at another time"
and has been doing it for over a day. How do you fix this?

Open Windows Task Manager and kill hl2.exe under processes tab.

kennah

Well, have Bioshock and GTAIV for the 360, waiting on L4D and I already own everything else.

Today's FINAL purchases:
Telltale EVERYTHING
Dawn of War I Platinum
Machinarium
Ghostbusters
World in Conflict Complete

Passing on The Witcher for now and will wait further on Fallout. YAY Credit Cards!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
May buy Stalker this time actually.. but apart from that. This is a fucking cop out. I was actually hoping they'd just take every single daily deal and stick them back on till like midnight or something like that.

Also, man, how many bloody sales has torchlight had across all the DD services?

clav

L4D2 was $30 on Amazon last month.

Meh, I'll pass up on an expansion pack. Will buy @ the $20 price mark. I can wait.

For those of you who bought STALKER, is it worth it?

Top Bottom