• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Lkr said:
I want it to look AT LEAST as good as console right now at 60fps. The problem I have with my 360 version is that the textures have a loading issue where I have to stand still for a minute for the textures on screen to load. The 2GB is just a temporary issue while I wait for a replacement stick from G.Skill

That's not happening, though the framerate will be a huge improvement over the ~25fps 360 version. You won't get popin like that on the PC version and it'll look much better. Be sure to download the graphic enhancement mod.

atomsk

Party Pooper
picked up Telltale Complete and i'm done

this leaves my final tally at

Lucasarts Adventure Bundle 2.49
Trials 2: Second Edition 4.99
Lumines Base + Advance Pack 2.99
Torchlight 4.99
Mr. Robot 1.99
Machinarium (gift)
Telltale Everything Pack 49.99

total spent: 67.44
new games: 37

:D

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Well... I'll bite on Stalker, buy the Unreal deal and then decide between Trine and Torchlight. Trine is still 5 I see. So GAF enlighten me... Trine or Torchlight?

Bah I wish they brought back SF4, I know it was only a few days ago but I hesitated and skipped on it and now I regret it.

Buy Defense Grid, Torchlight, and Stalker.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
*just woke up*

brucewaynewtf.gif

I guess I'll just go ahead and buy Fallout 3. I just can't stand to wait any longer. :(

I "think" I might buy Torchlight since I enjoyed the demo. I'm just afraid it might get repetitive, which is why I hesitated the first time it was $5.

Won said:
Hmm, my cart is @ 44,21. Need to get that to 50 monies somehow!

Buy something for me! :lol :lol :lol

Seriously though, you got Outrun and the Shadowgrounds pack? Painkiller: Black Edition? Defense Grid? Torchlight? Time Gentlemen Please? Machinarium?

Proc

I'm loading up on strategy games:

Tropico 3
Dawn of Discovery
World in Conflict Complete (own the original but $10 for complete and on steam is great)
Defense Grid
AI War

edit: are there any worthwhile gta 4 mods to make the double dip worth the admission?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Nuts to it, Stalker is mine.

Brings my total to:
Borderlands - £20.09
Cogs - £3.75 (i think)
Ghostbusters - £5.07
Torchlight - £3.57
Max Payne Bundle - £2.49 was it? I HAVE THE DISCS, WHY MUST I BE A SUCKER?
Stalker - £2
Darwinia & Multiwinia - £3.xx

I think that was everything.. i'm not actually at home so i can't check.

FAKE EDIT: Fuck it won't take my damn card, what's going on here? Overload?
REAL EDIT: Ah, taken it now, took like 4 minutes of Working..

migulic

OK, I have exactly 13 euros on my PayPal account that I want to spend before this sale ends (don't have a credit card and I don't want to transfer money there so I can only spend what I get from eBay sales). I already got the LucasArts Adventure Pack and Time Gentlemen, Please!; I don't want anything also available on 360 since my PC isn't too good.

What should I get? Europa Universalis III Complete for €12,49? STALKER for €2? Outrun 2006 for €2,49? Medieval II: Total War for €2,49? Rome Total War for €3,24?

Basically, what's the best combination of PC exclusives I can get for €13?

Scotch

STALKER
Super ID pack
Serious Sam HD
Torchlight
Zombie Driver
Osmos
Shattered Horizon
Lucasarts Adventure Bundle
Bookworm Adventures Deluxe
Plants vs. Zombies
Tropico 3

For a total of € 85,99. Now to play some games.

iammeiam

Thinking about it, today may actually be underwhelming on purpose.

We've seen good sales cripple the Steam checkout process, causing random CC declines. The persistent have tried checkout enough in that period that Steam's fraud-prevention system locked them out of purchase for some random timespan.

Since today's the last day, there are probably a number of people grabbing titles they were holding off on a sale for. Add in the normal "OMG-new-sale" traffic and I imagine checkout would start puking. Since the deals all expire in 24 hours, anybody who got fraud-locked out of their account wouldn't be able to buy before the end of the sale, and hence drama.

Still sort of a let down, but I guess I can respect the possible logic behind the decision.

mrgone

DIrtyWeasel said:
I "think" I might buy Torchlight since I enjoyed the demo. I'm just afraid it might get repetitive, which is why I hesitated the first time it was $5.

I don't know if it helps, but I bought it for $18 and feel like I got more than my money's worth out of it. It's like Diablo - you hit things, you get stuff, and then you do it again. It's repetitive in a fun, slightly compulsive way.

kodt

Banned
damn, really wanted a Fallout 3 GOTY sale, but I missed GTA4 and Defense Grid the first time, so I picked those up.

kamspy

Anyone have hands on info with the Steam version of Riddick and the TAGES activation?

I've been browsing the Steam forum and it sounds like a nightmare. I'd probably never play the MP, but just want to make sure TAGES isn't going to stop me from playing SP.

Also, you guys have been fuck awesome the past few days with this sale. Thanks for all the help and friendly conversation.

Owzers

brain_stew said:

Seriously though, you got Outrun and the Shadowgrounds pack? Painkiller: Black Edition? Defense Grid? Torchlight? Time Gentlemen Please? Machinarium?

How would you rank Zombie Shooter 2, Alien Shooter 2, and Shadowgrounds?

Got another two Killing Floor passes if anyone's interested.

ItsInMyVeins said:
Damn, so no nice sale on CoJ: Bound in Blood then? :/
150:- is the cheapest currently.

A Dog Chasing Cars said:
Could someone please gift me STALKER? Steam keeps rejecting my purchase for some reason even though I know I have funds available. I can paypal you the $2.
Pfft, I'll just give it to you. PM your e-mail and it will be so.

SyNapSe

drakesfortune said:
Defense Grid! BUY IT! It's a lot of fun, probably the best Tower Defense game out there. Certainly the best I've played. The production value and quality is worlds beyond the price.

THIS! I've said it before on GAF but I bought it at $20 and it was more than worth it. If you get into it, it has a ton of replay value trying to beat people's records. For $2.49 it's a no brainer

Kipe

You now own X3: Terran Conflict.
You now own The Void.
You now own Dark Messiah Might and Magic
You now own Rome: Total War Gold.
You now own Defense Grid: The Awakening.
You now own Multiwinia.
You now own Defcon.
You now own Sid Meier's Civilization IV, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords,
Sid Meier's Civilization IV:Beyond the Sword, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization.
You now own Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne.
You now own Jade Empire.
You now own King's Bounty: Armored Princess.
You now own AI War: Fleet Command.
You now own Heroes of Might and Magic 5.
You now own Outrun2006 Coast 2 Coast.

I would buy more, but the bank is closed today.

migulic said:
OK, I have exactly 13 euros on my PayPal account that I want to spend before this sale ends (don't have a credit card and I don't want to transfer money there so I can only spend what I get from eBay sales). I already got the LucasArts Adventure Pack and Time Gentlemen, Please!; I don't want anything also available on 360 since my PC isn't too good.

What should I get? Europa Universalis III Complete for €12,49? STALKER for €2? Outrun 2006 for €2,49? Medieval II: Total War for €2,49? Rome Total War for €3,24?

Basically, what's the best combination of PC exclusives I can get for €13?

You can probably pick up a retail copy of EU3 cheaper than that and it'll come with a download code for Gamersgate.

Defense Grid, Torchlight, Outrun and Rome: Total War perhaps, all that still in budget?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm seriously debating if i should just get Batman:AA already or wait for the inevitable 25 bucks weekend deal down the road...

Won

brain_stew said:

Great now I'm at 58,68! Asshole! :p

It really sucks that ArmA II wasn't on sale. Hopefully, the reason why it wasn't on sale is because they are saving it, as well as several other games, for a weekend deal that's coming up in the next month or two.

DryvBy

I wish I wouldn't have wasted my money on that Crysis pack. Even at $13, if feels so boring. I forgot why I didn't like the game in the first place and now I'm remembering. Plus, the game still runs like butthole. Far Cry 2 runs perfect on full settings, so why does Crysis stutter at 30fps? Plus, it's crashed 5 times since install.

Then Warhead won't quit trying to install GameSpy Comrade. Please, make it stop.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
nyong said:
Eidos Collectors Pack
Eidos Collector's pack doesn't help me when the only game I care about in that pack is Batman:AA

If i could buy the eidos collector pack and gift away every single game besides Batman:AA and both Tomb Raiders I would. That way at least I'd be giving gifts to somebody that would enjoy these games. As it is, it's just me throwing money away.

Costanza

Banned
Lame final day. I guess I'll pick up some of the stuff I was waiting on.

:( @ me missing out on Fallout 3 price mistake the other day

Benedict

ItsInMyVeins said:
I don't know what site that is and I prefer having my games collected in steam :/

Then you're missing out of a lot of good deals... at least regarding console games.
Zavvi has great sales and cheap postage cost to Sweden.

DryvBy2 said:
I wish I wouldn't have wasted my money on that Crysis pack. Even at $13, if feels so boring. I forgot why I didn't like the game in the first place and now I'm remembering. Plus, the game still runs like butthole. Far Cry 2 runs perfect on full settings, so why does Crysis stutter at 30fps? Plus, it's crashed 5 times since install.

Then Warhead won't quit trying to install GameSpy Comrade. Please, make it stop.

Because Far Cry 2 looks (and plays) like shit compared to Crysis, perhaps?

As for performance, are you using a custom config and the inengine triple buffering? That'll probably give you a good 50% performance boost.

Top Bottom