• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

The only thing I've purchased thus far is the Half-Life 2 episode pack. I was intent on waiting until Episode 3 came out to buy and play all three back-to-back but it's been how many years? Might as well cave and play episodes one and two.

graywolf323

LovingSteam said:
Oh my goodness, Gray Wolf must have bought like 100+ games during this sale. AMAZING!

some late Christmas presents from my mom and sis helped a lot

bought me the Telltale pack among other things :)

though I've probably spent close to $200 myself at this point :-S

and I just love Sherlock Holmes so caved and bought the back ^_^;;

blehh

Neo Member
still feeling generous. ghostbusters goes to the first person who can name my favorite The Office (US Version) character! one guess per person

edit: OVER! I <3 Memes wins<333

adg1034

blehh said:
still feeling generous. ghostbusters goes to the first person who can name my favorite The Office (US Version) character! one guess per person

Oscar's gay lover, US gaming journalist Tom Chick.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
blehh said:
Darryl?

thewesker said:
Still not sure on Torchlight. It's only $5 but I don't know. :(

It's great. Good time waster if you like dungeon crawler hack/slashers. The art is really pretty, and the gameplay is solid. The story is thin, but it's about loot, not story.

So I try and load Bioshock, the little logo thing comes up, then Windows tells me it's not responding and just closes.

=\ First time I've ever had a problem like this on Steam. Well, in recent years, I've blocked out how bad Steam was back in 2004... :p

Edit: Googling tells me this was a common problem... in 2007. Sigh. PC gaming, this is why I never fully invest in you.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Firestorm said:
Well, guess they aren't going to go out with a bang =/

more like a pea shooter
pea_shooter.jpg

gah! I want to win a game!

TheExodu5

Banned
drkOne said:
With so many DotA stand alone clones out there, where does League of Legends stand?
Is there another one better? Is it the best one out there?

LoL is the most accessible.

HoN is the best IMO.

Twig

Banned
Torchlight does get pretty boring after a while. But a long enough while. Easily worth five bucks.

Playing on hardcore is the only way to make it fun beyond that, really.

Well, multiplayer would've helped.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Foliorum Viridum said:
So I try and load Bioshock, the little logo thing comes up, then Windows tells me it's not responding and just closes.

=\ First time I've ever had a problem like this on Steam. Well, in recent years, I've blocked out how bad Steam was back in 2004... :p

Edit: Googling tells me this was a common problem... in 2007. Sigh. PC gaming, this is why I never fully invest in you.
What graphics driver are you using? That was usually the issue.

drkOne

You now own:
Defense Grid: The Awakening
iD Super Pack
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, The Dig, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Loom
Outrun2006 Coast 2 Coast
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
Burnout Paradise
Lumines
Red Faction: Guerrilla
King's Bounty: Armored Princess
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
Luxor 3
Time Gentlemen, Please!, Ben There, Dan That!
Indigo Prophecy
Morrowind
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising, Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3
Trine
Painkiller Overdose, Painkiller: Black Edition, Painkiller: Resurrection
Devil May Cry 4
Sam and Max Season 1 & 2
Mass Effect
Shattered Horizon
Darwinia, Multiwinia
Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Crysis Wars
Half-Life: Source, Half-Life Deathmatch: Source
Sid Meier's Civilization IV, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization
Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne

Bolds are the ones I wanted to buy before the sale. Others I just thought they were a good deal.
DMC4 was by far the worst purchase. 25% off and I just can't have fun with it in a pos-Bayonetta time.

blehh

Neo Member
sorry to interrupt again, but i still have the generosity bug up my butt. consider gaf lucky that i've never done anything like this before and the feeling feels good. this one is gonna be a bit harder to make the contest last a little longer. the first person to guess my favorite regular simpsons character gets trine.

some hints: not in the simpsons family
regular but not in most episodes
i havent seen an episode of the simpsons since its tenth season

one guess per poster

EDIT: and if you dont want trine, i'll gift another game of the same monetary value or cheaper. your call!

and i'll be refreshing until i read my favorite character, so everybody keep guessing until you hear from me. dont worry, i'll be here all day

EDIT EDIT: NULLIFIED

cory

Banned
Hellsing321 said:
Prince of Persia pack worth it? Do they all run well on PC? Can I use a 360 controller for all the games in it?
Yes I believe so, and patch the first 2 games with this if you need widescreen.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
During the sale I have purchased:

Mirror's Edge (loved it)
Assassin's Creed (loved it for about 2 hours, stopped playing)
Crysis (kind of like it, strange game.. pretty hard. Looks great)
Crysis Warhead (have not played)
World of Goo (loving it, much better than on the Wii)
Defense Grid (played demo on 360, figure will be better with a mouse)
Torchlight (blind buy on GAFs recomendation)

Total cost: less than 30 dollars :lol

I love you Steam.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
blehh said:
sorry to interrupt again, but i still have the generosity bug up my butt. consider gaf lucky that i've never done anything like this before and the feeling feels good. this one is gonna be a bit harder to make the contest last a little longer. the first person to guess my favorite regular simpsons character gets trine.

some hints: not in the simpsons family
regular but not in most episodes
i havent seen an episode of the simpsons since its tenth season

one guess per poster

EDIT: and if you dont want trine, i'll gift another game of the same monetary value or cheaper. your call!

and i'll be refreshing until i read my favorite character, so everybody keep guessing until you hear from me. dont worry, i'll be here all day

Troy McLure

He should be everyone's favorite character :(

Top Bottom