• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Ermac said:
How big of a difference is modded Oblivion compared to the console version? I put 100 hours into the 360 version, but heard the PC version with the right mods is amazing.

Thoughts?

It's a different and better game in virtually every way imaginable. No hyperbole here; real talk.

Firestorm said:
What if this is a price error? =(
That is why I just bought it right away. It seems too good to be true. I can't believe I spent $60 for the Xbox360 version when it came out. I feel like trading it in because I am too ashamed to look at the box now.

RJT

Lkr said:
One more thing: since its EA and not Valve, how do I patch it since its a Steam game? Will it be auto? Do I go on the EA site?
All Steam games have auto updating (even though sometimes the updates take a bit longer on Steam).

Lkr

RJT said:
All Steam games have auto updating (even though sometimes the updates take a bit longer on Steam).
Ok, hopefully they have the PhysX patch that has been out since January then:lol

Scipius

Firestorm said:
THIS IS WHAT I WAS WAITING FOR!
<3 Steam <3 <3 <3

I don't know if I should be greedy and wait for a daily deal to see if it shows up. What if this is a price error? =(

It was 37.49 earlier today (I checked), but it looks like the base price was lowered as well, so it could be legitimate.

Edit: It has now changed back to 37.49. Hope you guys got it.

Anyway, the GOTY version, the final, definitive, and complete version of FO3 was well worth it at full price; no need to wait!

RJT

:lol

Hopefully it was just an early peek at tomorrow's daily deal. Or some intern screwed up pricing. Or we were introduced to the first 5 minutes deal :lol

Firestorm

RJT said:
:lol

Hopefully it was just an early peek at tomorrow's daily deal. Or some intern screwed up pricing. Or we were introduced to the first 5 minutes deal :lol
Yeah I'm hoping it was supposed to go up tomorrow.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I really hope that Men of War goes on super sale so I can have someone to play with. I've had it for like 4 months and played for like 10 minutes at most because I have been waiting for a co-op partner.

_tetsuo_ said:
I really hope that Men of War goes on super sale so I can have someone to play with. I've had it for like 4 months and played for like 10 minutes at most because I have been waiting for a co-op partner.

I own it, and had no idea it included co-op. :lol

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Holy shit, I hope Fallout drops to that by the 3rd, I have no intention of paying more than 20!

fresquito

Ermac said:
How big of a difference is modded Oblivion compared to the console version? I put 100 hours into the 360 version, but heard the PC version with the right mods is amazing.

Thoughts?
Night and day. Oblivion modded is simply put, a different game. Aesthetically it can be greatly improved, but where it shines is in the immersive department. If you like realistic things, there're lots of mods that will make you fell like you're in there. There're mods that have revamped from the stealth system, to combat, to magic and more importantly, levelling and balance between the player and the game.

Oblivion vanilla feels like an average to good RPG. Oblivion modded feels like one hell of an inmersive adventure. Now, prepare to learn some ins and outs abot how to mod it, because there're different levels. Some of them are pretty easy to install, some others need better understanding. However, all the time you may invest, it will be well worth it.

Caoz

Firestorm said:
THIS IS WHAT I WAS WAITING FOR!
<3 Steam <3 <3 <3

I don't know if I should be greedy and wait for a daily deal to see if it shows up. What if this is a price error? =(

Fuuuuu, its back up to $37.49 should I bought it before sending my buddy the notification email :lol

deduce

Mrbob said:
Really?

Stealth edit looks the same to me.
Weird. When I search through the Steam client or directly on the Steam website it shows for $99 but when I search for the pack on Google it brings up the sale price with everything. Bought. :D
amrod said:
Ah, different links. I wonder why they have both the original pack and new pack both listed?

Fireye

In for 7 games:
Defense Grid: The Awakening - $2.49
Mirror's Edge™ - $4.99
Sid Meier's Pirates! - $6.69
Beyond Good and Evil™ - $4.99
Ghostbusters: The Videogame - $6.79
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky - $4.99
Torchlight - $9.99
$41 total

Lothars

graywolf323 said:
son of a.........

I missed out on the Fallout 3 GOTY price error :-(

anyone get a spare gift copy by any chance?

it probably will be the sale tomorrow like everyone else is saying :)

$17 is worth getting all the dlc and not having to worry about the cd and the cd key. So will definitely get it when it hits that price.

Top Bottom