• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Quick question: I own Company of Heroes vanilla on Steam and want to buy Opposing Fronts too. I'm planning on buying the Gold Pack since it's cheaper than buying the OF standalone version. Will I be able to access all the levels I have played so far when I log into my relic account or will the new vanilla version of CoH overwrite the older one? Thanks.

I picked up Stalker, lucasarts pack, and Audiosurf so far. Are there any mods that fix the wonky walking in Stalker besides the big 2009 mod? That screen movement has to go.

Dennis

Banned
fresquito said:
Night and day. Oblivion modded is simply put, a different game. Aesthetically it can be greatly improved, but where it shines is in the immersive department. If you like realistic things, there're lots of mods that will make you fell like you're in there. There're mods that have revamped from the stealth system, to combat, to magic and more importantly, levelling and balance between the player and the game.

Oblivion vanilla feels like an average to good RPG. Oblivion modded feels like one hell of an inmersive adventure. Now, prepare to learn some ins and outs abot how to mod it, because there're different levels. Some of them are pretty easy to install, some others need better understanding. However, all the time you may invest, it will be well worth it.
I am not quite satisfied with your level of praise for modded Oblivion...

With the right mods (FCOM + all the graphic mods) it is one of the best, most open and immersive RPGs ever made.

nextgeneration said:
I was looking at this game. How does it play? Does it play like Painkiller, Doom, etc.?

You ever played Invasion mode in UT2004? It's similar to that but with a leveling system and classes. You fight off against waves of infected/zombies and then at the end, you fight a boss infected/zombie known as the Patriarch which can easily destroy you and your team.

fresquito

DennisK4 said:
I am not quite satisfied with your level of praise for modded Oblivion...

With the right mods (FCOM + all the graphic mods) it is one of the best, most open and immersive RPGs ever made.
English is not my language. I do my best, sir.

NIN90

DeaconKnowledge said:
It's a poor man's Left 4 Dead. I was disappointed with it personally.

It's not at all like Left4Dead.

The goal of the game is to survive waves of zombies. You can buy weapons between waves, CS style.
The best thing about the game is that it has really satisfying gunplay.

Here's a little video I made
http://de.xfire.com/video/171128/

EDIT: ITS LIKE SO LIKE L4D. IT HAS ZOMBIES THAT ACT TOTALLY DIFFERENT AND COOP

Instro said:
Definitely getting S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Any suggestions on cheap games?

Aquaria $10
The void $10
Outrun 2006 $2.50
Killing floor $10
Buy Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Double Pack @2.50
Samorost 2 $2.50
Braid $2.50
Osmos $5
Plants vs Zombies $7.50
Trials 2 $5
Audiosurf $2.50
Mirror's edge $5
The Witcher $13
World of Goo $5

You can thank me later..

Steeven

Action Jackson said:
Quick question: I own Company of Heroes vanilla on Steam and want to buy Opposing Fronts too. I'm planning on buying the Gold Pack since it's cheaper than buying the OF standalone version. Will I be able to access all the levels I have played so far when I log into my relic account or will the new vanilla version of CoH overwrite the older one? Thanks.

It won't affect your progress in the game so you can buy/install it safely.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I guess ghost busters is now available for aussies, just purchased i. It didn't work last time.

Oh well, $7 spent so far :lol

Xevo

Could someone gift me Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl (it´s not available in Germany....)? I would paypal you 5$ or gift you something else in return.

poweld

Xevo said:
Could someone gift me Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl (it´s not available in Germany....)? I would paypal you 5$ or gift you something else in return.
I can help you out this evening if you'd like. PM me.

Firestorm

Xevo said:
PM me your e-mail and Steam Account name.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Since i have never played Left 4 dead i found Killing Floor to be pretty good, got at full price and i don't regret it. It could use some extra modes tough...

Caelestis

I tried to avoid steam for ever and ever, but finally gave up and registered for it. I got Braid, Indigo Prophecy and The Void through it. :D

Guys, is operation flashpoint worth the 20 bucks? I heard it was buggy as hell but i see they released a patch for it, did it fix things?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Ugh I'm so torn. My new rule was to buy smaller and indie games direct from the developers if I could to help them get the most cash to stay afloat. I did this with torchlight, but then tl gets the awesome steam update.

I'm extremely interested in Machinarium, and it's only $10 on steam. Yet I can get it from the devs for the same price along with the OST and another game. Yet I love having my games on steam. ARGH!

NIN90 said:
It's not at all like Left4Dead.

The goal of the game is to survive waves of zombies. You can buy weapons between waves, CS style.
The best thing about the game is that it has really satisfying gunplay.

Here's a little video I made
http://de.xfire.com/video/171128/

EDIT: ITS LIKE SO LIKE L4D. IT HAS ZOMBIES THAT ACT TOTALLY DIFFERENT AND COOP

Whatever you say man. I found the enemies and the gunplay boring as hell really quickly. It was great for a weekend for me. I say it's like a poor man's L4D because playing that killed any interest I had in Killing Floor. You may disagree, and that's cool, but I wager there will be more than a few people who feel the same.

Pretty tempted for the Telltale pack. Already have S1 of Sam and Max but it's the box version so it would be nice to have on Steam. Not sure what's up with those two different links showing 50 and 100 dollars.

Just picked up...
STALKER - 1.99
Lucasarts Adventure Collection (Crystal Skull, Last Crusade, Loom, and... The Dig) - 2.50 !!
King's Quest Collection - 4.99 (a bit of a ripoff in comparison to the other two as KQVI is really the only one I'll replay)

Fucking awesome deals.

I played through The Dig last night, and it holds up really, really well IMO. I haven't been so absorbed in a game's story and atmosphere for quite some time. Its soundtrack is brilliant. There are 2 - 3 really stupid puzzles/moments where you'll curse the game's antiquated design, but it's one of the few true Sci-Fi games I've played. So fun.

cory

Banned
Damage Report:
Droplitz - $4.99
Zombie Bowl-O-Rama - $0.99
Indigo Prophecy - $3.39
Outrun2006 Coast 2 Coast - $2.50
Puzzle Quest - $4.99
Defense Grid: The Awakening - $2.50
LucasArts Adventure Pack - $2.50
Braid - $2.50
$24.36. My budget is $50 (Unless Fallout 3/Batman/Dead Space go on sale)

ismaboof

Is Mirror's Edge playable with a 256mb video card, 2 gigs of RAM, and 2.66 Dual Core?

EDIT: Video card is ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT

vocab

ismaboof said:
Is Mirror's Edge playable with a 256mb video card, 2 gigs of RAM, and 2.66 Dual Core?

Depends what that 256 video card is.

Lkr said:
I got mirror's edge, but what the fuck is with the screen tearing. how do i fix this shit?

Vertical Sync on...

Korranator

Not bad so far.....

Sniper Elite 1.99
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl 1.99
Shadowgrounds Pack 3.99
Heroes of Might and Magic 5 4.99
Rome: Total War Gold 2.49

total

Cohsae

OK Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum doesn't seem to be available here in Aus, so is anyone willing to help me out? I believe it's $10 so probably the easiest thing is if I gift you a $10 game in return.

Oh and the reason not too many people are talking about Beyond Good & Evil is because you all have it already right? Because that is one fantastic game that is worth a hell of a lot more than $5.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is $5. Worth it? I played the first one, it was solid. Hmmm.

IMACOMPUTA

Just bought Arma 1.
Really hoping Arma 2 goes on sale..

I'm thinking of buying GTAIV.. I already have it, but i have a bunch of mods installed and i don't think it'll let me play online.

If i install it via steam, will it leave my other version unaffected?

picked up
STALKER
alien shooter: reloaded
alien shooter 2
witcher

thats it so far, my girldfriend wants five games for doing well in school (she's in college watch it!) and she might have bought me some other stuff. this is a gonna be a great christmas!

poweld

Maybe I'm missing something, but...

Why is everybody buying The Witcher now? Don't misunderstand me, I want to get it, but isn't there a chance it'll become a part of one of the 24 hour deals in the coming week+?

Firestorm

Dilli666 said:
Ohhhh no! Will not buy Stalker for this price.

BECAUSE IT ISN'T AVAILABLE IN MY COUNTRY! DAMN!!!
Pay someone to gift it to you. If you have PayPal, I'll send ya Stalker + Audiosurf for $5.
Must be bundled >=)

poweld said:
Why is everybody buying The Witcher now? Don't misunderstand me, I want to get it, but isn't there a chance it'll become a part of one of the 24 hour deals in the coming week+?

Well, for me, $13.59 was cheap enough, and there is the feeling that the 24 hour deals will come from games that either aren't discounted at all or not deeply discounted ATM.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I got Ghostbuster for £5, big fan of the films and I have a Xbox 360 pad on my PC so it looks good to go.

Its a shame steam seems to be getting hammered at the moment as am getting 1/3 of my max speed.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Firestorm said:
Pay someone to gift it to you. If you have PayPal, I'll send ya Stalker + Audiosurf for $5.
Must be bundled >=)
I like you, great way to push bonus copies of Audiosurf

Deacan said:
Its a shame steam seems to be getting hammered at the moment as am getting 1/3 of my max speed.
Why even bother trying to download stuff right now? Give those Steam content servers a break . . . download only what you play to play immediately.

Top Bottom