• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Max

I am not Max
I really hope Dawn of War II is one of the daily sales, right now i'm hesitant to buy anything that interests me because they could be even cheaper the next day

EvilDick34 said:
Guys, is operation flashpoint worth the 20 bucks? I heard it was buggy as hell but i see they released a patch for it, did it fix things?

Multiplayer is completely dead and broken (P2P ftl) apparently. ARMA2 just got a huge content + bugfix + performance patch, seems a better bet to me.

Max said:
I really hope Dawn of War II is one of the daily sales, right now i'm hesitant to buy anything that interests me because they could be even cheaper the next day

Me too. I'm hoping for the warhammer pack to go down to 30 or something so I can get all the games for a sweet price.

Maxirugi

Audiosurf for £1.50 was too much of a bargain for me to resist! :p

Also cracked and bought Mirror's Edge.

Considering getting GTAIV too but I can't make up my mind about it. I already own it on 360 and I remember it pissing me off quite a bit... but on the other hand it's damn cheap!

cms382 said:
Damage Report:
Droplitz - $4.99
Zombie Bowl-O-Rama - $0.99
Indigo Prophecy - $3.39
Outrun2006 Coast 2 Coast - $2.50
Puzzle Quest - $4.99
Defense Grid: The Awakening - $2.50
LucasArts Adventure Pack - $2.50
Braid - $2.50
$24.36. My budget is $50 (Unless Fallout 3/Batman/Dead Space go on sale)

If you're after Batman just go for the Eidos pack, you know it makes sense!! :lol :lol

Buy 1 get 19 free! :D

rhfb said:
fuck me for sleeping in :( This better happen some time later this sale :(

That's, what, 65% off? Are there any other 65% off games? Seems an odd discount for Steam. Maybe someone got on the wrong game edit screen or something...

domlolz

Banned
Maxirugi said:
Considering getting GTAIV too but I can't make up my mind about it. I already own it on 360 and I remember it pissing me off quite a bit... but on the other hand it's damn cheap!

...and mods!

Actually, I'm not sure how active the mod community for GTA IV is

datamage

How is GRAW and GRAW 2 on the PC? I know the first GRAW was different than the 360 version, but was it better?

Played and finished the first GRAW on 360 and loved it.

DJ_Lae

Steam has let me off easy so far:

-Indigo Prophecy
-Wallace & Gromit (I already own everything but Strongbad or I'd have bought the pack)
-Outrun Coast 2 Coast
-Lucasarts Adventure Pack

So that's about $20 so far. The Eidos pack is very tempting, but I'm going to wait until the end of the sale in case the games I'm more interested in end up as daily deals.

Also tempted by Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. Loved the first game, but never had a chance with the sequels.

poweld

gregor7777 said:
Who thinks Serious Sam HD will get any cheaper than $14.99?

edit: during this sale I mean.
I would sure like it to, since it's one of the ones I've got my eyes on...

I'm biding my time on this sale since I have an obscene amount of backlog due in no small part to the Thanksgiving sale. Damn you, THQ pack.
<3 u

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Weird, i was just about to add "the void" to my cart. And it seems to have disappeared from the store. (australian here).

Vorador

Banned
How it is the GTA4 PC port? I heard a while back it was quite a shoddy job, but for 7.5€ it's hard to resist and i wonder if R* fixed the problems.

datamage said:
How is GRAW and GRAW 2 on the PC? I know the first GRAW was different than the 360 version, but was it better?

Played and finished the first GRAW on 360 and loved it.

Not sure about GRAW2 but GRAW is a completely different game on PC, with a bigger focus on stragy and tactics. Developed by GRIN.

Vorador said:
How it is the GTA4 PC port? I heard a while back it was quite a shoddy job, but for 7.5€ it's hard to resist and i wonder if R* fixed the problems.

Its by far and away the best version, its just very CPU heavy is all. The numerous patches help a great deal and as long as you've got a modern dual core, 2.4ghz Core 2 or better, you'll get console level performance with much better graphics and hugely improved draw distances. If you've got a triple or quad core, performance should be great.

My purchase:

Lucasarts Adventure Pack $2.49
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition $6.69
Rome: Total War Gold $2.49
Puzzle Indie Pack $2.99
X-Com UFO Defense $3.34
Gish $4.99
=12 games for $22.99

X-Com, Loom, Deus Ex and Gish are games I've been meaning to play for years but never gotten around to. I'm really looking forward to playing this haul.

Vorador

Banned
brain_stew said:
Its by far and away the best version, its just very CPU heavy is all. The numerous patches help a great deal and as long as you've got a modern dual core, 2.4ghz Core 2 or better, you'll get console level performance with much better graphics and hugely improved draw distances. If you've got a triple or quad core, performance should be great.

I got a overclocked Q9450, so i'm good to go. :D

Thanks

Paradox has supposedly sent out the following information in a Newsletter:

Hearts of Iron III Steam 75% off one day
HOI3 All Sprite Packs Steam 75% off one day

So this pretty much confirms that products currently on sale can be further discounted for a one day sale.

crimsonheadGCN said:

So this pretty much confirms that products currently on sale can be further discounted.

And pretty much confirms I'll only buy heavily discounted or one day sale games until the last day. :lol

Dragmire

goldsoundz said:
Man, these servers are getting bombarded. I've tried four different ones and I can't download Zombie Shooter 2 on any of them right now.

EDIT: Chicago worked!
Eaten By A Grue said:
lol, dammit all the US servers are hammered and I cannot even download from NY anymore. I noticed that they keep adding servers to more cities. :lol
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but how do you change servers? I've been trying to download GTAIV since last night and it won't download.

Dragmire said:
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but how do you change servers? I've been trying to download GTAIV since last night and it won't download.

Once you have the Steam window displayed, go to Settings then select the Downloads tab and, in the Downloads tab, there will be a drop down menu that displays the different Download Regions.

Kifimbo

nextgeneration said:
Yeah, ditto for me, then, too. Let's see if Torchlight gets a one day sale.

Won't happen I think. It's a fairly new game and it's already 50% off. Will not drop lower than that IMO.

Are there limited deals outside of the dailies? Or did I just misunderstand the guy bemoaning missing 65% off Fallout GOTY?

Kifimbo said:
Won't happen I think. It's a fairly new game and it's already 50% off. Will not drop lower than that IMO.
Didn't it go down to $5 or something during Thanksgiving?

Son of Godzilla said:
Are there limited deals outside of the dailies? Or did I just misunderstand the guy bemoaning missing 65% off Fallout GOTY?

No, there are no other limited deals besides the daily ones. The 65% off for Fallout GOTY was a pricing error. It might get that price during a daily sale, but no one knows yet.

Didn't it go down to $5 or something during Thanksgiving?

Nope, the lowest price that the game has been available for has been $9.99.

Dragmire

crimsonheadGCN said:
Once you have the Steam window displayed, go to Settings then select the Downloads tab and, in the Downloads tab, there will be a drop down menu that displays the different Download Regions.
Thank you. :)

Q8D3vil

NIN90 said:
It's not at all like Left4Dead.

The goal of the game is to survive waves of zombies. You can buy weapons between waves, CS style.
The best thing about the game is that it has really satisfying gunplay.

Here's a little video I made
http://de.xfire.com/video/171128/

EDIT: ITS LIKE SO LIKE L4D. IT HAS ZOMBIES THAT ACT TOTALLY DIFFERENT AND COOP

ok , you just sold me on killing floor
have to convince some friends first :/

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
crimsonheadGCN said:

So this pretty much confirms that products currently on sale can be further discounted for a one day sale.
Frag said I should play Europa first since it's more accessible lol.

bengraven

Is Gothic 3 worth 7.50? Seriously? Or should I just wait for G4 or Risen?

I mean, I am one of the few people who seemed to have disliked part 2 because I couldn't get over it's faults (least of all it's atrocious voice acting for the hero), but I also believe with some tuning it could have been a masterpiece.

Top Bottom