• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Mrbob

MrVargas said:
I just spent nearly $200 dollars on Steam. I can now stop buying games for the next 2 years and I'll be all set.

Mwa hahahaha.

You are addicted. It doesn't stop. No matter how much you try, it never stops!

dekjo

Just purchased STALKER before the deal ended. Five minutes to new deals! Can't wait to hand over more money.

Next year, all i'm asking for christmas are games off steam.

brain_stew said:
Painkiller is some seriously good shit, just picked it up for the first time. For £3/$5 its a no brainer imo.

Hell yes!

It captures that feeling that Serious Sam mastered of crossing a checkpoint and seeing like 50 enemies just rushing you, ready to get slaughtered. :lol

It checkpoints often too, so it's perfect for pick up and play.

Oh, and humongous bosses and a Metal soundtrack.

Yahtzee from Painkiller Review said:
"All you really need to know is there is a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning, I wish I could make something like that up, it shoots shurikens and lightning it could only be more awesome if it had tits and was on fire."

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/57-Painkiller

Mrbob

It would be nice if Valve offered gift cards for steam. That would be a nice addition added to the service heading into 2010.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I was going to buy Stalker: Clear Sky for £4 but then I saw this

Oops, this is embarrassing. Due to high demand we have temporarily run out of unique keys for this title. You may, by all means, purchase at the awesome sale price but may not be able to play until we receive more unique product keys. It shouldn't take too long, we have sent armed guards to the publisher's house to get them out of bed, drive them to their secret lair and produce more keys.

:lol they've run out of stock! digital distribution has failed, abandon ship, ABANDON SHIP!!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I remember Steam running out of Mount & Blade keys when it was on sale for $7.50. It took them about a day to restock.

D4Danger said:
I was going to buy Stalker: Clear Sky for £4 but then I saw this

:lol they've run out of stock! digital distribution has failed, abandon ship, ABANDON SHIP!!

Yea that happened once when i was buying mount & blade during a crazy sale. Who knew you could go out of stock on a DD item :lol

droopy

Asparagus said:
So many awesome deals, I want to buy so much D:

Restricted myself to £20 though, I'm sure there's still more to come.

sm53bs.png

Markup on Sniper Elite is outrageous!
Or maybe that's an 8

mitheor

Left 4 Dead 2
Set in the zombie apocalypse, Left 4 Dead 2 (L4D2) is the highly anticipated sequel to the award-winning Left 4 Dead, the #1 co-op game of 2008.... more
49,99€ 33,49€
Add to Cart

Football Manager™ 2010
Football Manager 2010 is the latest iteration of the world’s best selling football management simulation series. Developed by multi award-winning studio Sports Interactive, Football Manager™ 2010 is slated to release on October 30th, 2009.... more
29,99€ 22,49€
Add to Cart

Need for Speed: Shift
Need for Speed™ SHIFT is an award-winning authentic racing game that combines the true driver’s experience with real-world physics, pixel-perfect car models, and a wide range of authentic race tracks.... more

id Super Pack
What a deal!! The id Super Pack includes over 20 games from from id Software, including titles from the series of DOOM, HeXen, QUAKE, Wolfenstein and more!... more
69,99€ 23,79€
Add to Cart

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
The classic arcade FPS Serious Sam: The First Encounter is reborn in glorious high-definition for legions of long-time fans and a whole new generation of gamers around the world.... more
19,99€ 9,99€
Add to Cart
49,99€ 37,49€
Add to Cart

graywolf323

the iD Super Pack for $24? o_O

confirmed that deals can go further obviously

Serious Sam HD - $10
Need for Speed: Shift - $37.49
iD Suer Pack - $23.79
Left 4 Dead 2 - $33.49
Football Manager 2010 - $29.99

and the counter is for 24 hours this time so I'll see you guys Christmas morning :p

epmode

BUY SERIOUS SAM PEOPLE.

Fallout 3 tomorrow pls.
Dedalus said:
How is Serious Sam HD anyway? Worth it?
It's exactly the same as before. Which is to say: The best manic FPS since Doom. With better textures. I love it.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Football Manager 2010 - $29.99
L4D2 - $33.49
Need for Speed: Shift - $37.49
Serious Sam: HD - $9.99
id Super Pack - $23.79

:/

Proc

serious sam is a big maybe.

I guess I should have got mirrors edge or gta 4, but I've already played through them both on 360 so meh.

I already own l4d2 and the id super pack.

wow so they've established games on the overall sale can be included in the dailies.

I'm not buying anything except the dailies until Jan 3

And I'm glad i held off on the id super pack. Its now even cheaper!

Top Bottom