• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

TheExodu5

Banned
dark10x said:
I definitely don't understand this. Just use a CD crack or something if you own the disc version.

That's definitely a chore when you format as often as I do. If you're just managing one or two games, fine, but when it gets to a few hundred games like with Steam, then it's an issue. Also, Steam really is the easiest way to back up games across Windows installs, since it'll fix all the registry issues for you the first time you run each game. I couldn't imagine having to install all the games I own on Steam manually.

RedSwirl

Rainbow Six 3 is in my shopping cart. I checked out a video and the one major difference I noticed from the original Ghost Recon is that the enemies aren't as fast, they're not psychic.

The one thing that get's me the most about Ghost Recon is that an enemy will kill me with a perfect shit within not even half a second of first seeing me. If I peek around a corner and he's there, I'm dead.

TheExodu5

Banned
So what's everyone hoping for here in the daily deals? Personally:

Arma II
Oblivion
Mount & Blade
GTR Evo

I'm like 95% sure we'll see Mass Effect for those who are waiting. It's on no discount at all right now, so it seems pretty obvious it's being set up for a daily deal.

RedSwirl

Goddamn I just realized that the whole Lucas Arts adventure pack is $2.50.

How are Last Crusade, Loom, and The Dig? I found a complete download for Fate of Atlantis with voice acting instruction booklet PDF, but the puzzles are kicking my ass. I'm dangerously close to FAQing the whole thing.

Also, do these old games through Steam still run through SCUMMVM?

Firestorm

TheExodu5 said:

Arma II
Oblivion
Mount & Blade
GTR Evo

I'm like 95% sure we'll see Mass Effect for those who are waiting. It's on no discount at all right now, so it seems pretty obvious it's being set up for a daily deal.
All I want is Fallout 3 GOTY for the price it was at for those few minutes yesterday :( And Lost Planet Colonies Edition for $10 if they put that up on Steam sometime...

Firehead

TheExodu5 said:

Arma II
Oblivion
Mount & Blade
GTR Evo
They pretty much covered what I wanted - the id collection. ArmA II would be nice, maybe CoD4 and Dragon Age.

Well, I'm hoping for Arma 2 for $19.99 or less, Shattered Horizon for $9.99 or less, The Ship for $4.99 or less, Devil May Cry 4 for $9.99 or less, and Silent Hill Homecoming for $9.99 or less.

derder said:
Was COD:MW1 reduced last year?

Yes, it was reduced to $37.49, so 25% off.

Alucrid

Banned
TheExodu5 said:

Arma II
Oblivion
Mount & Blade
GTR Evo

Fallout 3 (as said repeatedly :lol ) and the Fallout Collection would be nice too, especially since the latter isn't discounted at the moment. Mass Effect as well. ME 1 this year for PC, ME 2 next year for PC. :D

Teknoman

I got gifted Stalker, but for some reason everytime I click on the gift link, it says this page cannot be displayed. Its not in my "not installed" section either...unless I was gifted the game on accident :lol

Koojay

TheExodu5 said:
So what's everyone hoping for here in the daily deals?

I'm really hoping they drop Defcon below $10, would be an instant buy for me.

Other than that, hopefully MW2 drops in price some and maybe Torchlight to $5.

vocab

I'm just hoping for Mass effect for like $1-2. Other than that, there's nothing I want. I'm on the fence about some other things, but I'm gonna wait till the last minute to buy them.

dani_dc

Hasphat6462 said:
It's 66% off already, how much more can you ask?

Just buy it.
I'm going to buy it either way, which is why I rather have it further discounted.

Plus I rather wait until the last day to pick it up to avoid being frustated if the price drops further.

Brannon

Teknoman said:
I got gifted Stalker, but for some reason everytime I click on the gift link, it says this page cannot be displayed. Its not in my "not installed" section either...unless I was gifted the game on accident :lol

Try restarting Steam to see if it'll work that way.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Is Red Faction Guerilla money at $20?
TheExodu5 said:
So what's everyone hoping for here in the daily deals?
Fallout 3 rounded down to $30 is all that matters to me now.

Funds just got tight.

K.Jack said:
Is Red Faction Guerilla money at $20?

I can't speak tot he PC port but I loved it on 360, all the destruction stuff is immensely satisfying and loads of fun.

On a side note I find it kinda funny that Modern Warfare 2 is still in the top five despite the fact everything else is on sale and it remains at a stupidely high price.

I posted this in the Official Steam thread but I figure I might as well post here too. It looks as though a DICE complete package is coming. I am not sure what it includes, how much it will be, and if it will be released during the span of this sale, but be aware nevertheless.

Koojay

LovingSteam said:
I posted this in the Official Steam thread but I figure I might as well post here too. It looks as though a DICE complete package is coming. I am not sure what it includes, how much it will be, and if it will be released during the span of this sale, but be aware nevertheless.

Where are you getting this from?

dock

Does anyone recommend any games on sale for a netbook?
(my laptop is similar spec to a netbook... *sob*)

Hasphat6462 said:
I think only Valve games allow you to gift duplicate copies. You'll just have to grin and bear it for the rest of 'em.
Ah, bugger. No problem, it's still a good deal :)

Sascha23

Banned
OMG, if I didn't already own most of the adventure games on there, I would be flipping out right now.

The Dig for $2.49? Indigo Prophecy for $3.99? Machinarium for $10?

Or how about the Complete Telltale Collection for $49?

If you don't own these games and even remotely heart adventure games, you would be crazy not to get them.

Dr. Zoidberg said:
Torchlight even has a netbook mode. Try it.

I would recommend against this. The Netbook mode isn't really a netbook mode at all, unless you consider 10 FPS playable. I have a laptop with specs considerably over your average netbook - Intel 965GM, 2.4 Core 2, 2GB RAM - and I barely get 15 at 800x600 with everything on low and netbook mode on, especially when the action ramps up.

Sascha23 said:
OMG, if I didn't already own most of the adventure games on there, I would be flipping out right now.

The Dig for $2.49? Indigo Prophecy for $3.99? Machinarium for $10?

Or how about the Complete Telltale Collection for $49?

If you don't own these games and even remotely heart adventure games, you would be crazy not to get them.

Yeah the Lucastarts Adventure bundle for a no brainer, I grabbed that on the first day. Gifted Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy to my buddy who had been interested in it too, he in turn just gifted me Serious Sam which we are gonna play some co-op with in a bit. Love this sale <3

hamchan

randomlyrossy said:
I can't speak tot he PC port but I loved it on 360, all the destruction stuff is immensely satisfying and loads of fun.

On a side note I find it kinda funny that Modern Warfare 2 is still in the top five despite the fact everything else is on sale and it remains at a stupidely high price.
It's ranked by revenue. So some games might have to sell around 15 copies to match 1 copy of MW2.

dock

Yeah, Torchlight's netbook mode is a bit too slow for machine. It kinda runs, but I can't imagine wanting to spend many hours with it like that.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Damn just noticed Puzzle Quest is $5. Should I jump on it or just wait for #2?

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Ahhhh so close on pulling the trigger on Torchlight, if it does not go on the day sale tomorrow I will just buy it.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
LovingSteam said:
Doubt it'll be released during the sale, considering only BF2 is on Steam and 2142 won't be up for a few months (the person who is going to get it 'ported' to Steam is working on Bad Company 2).

Ikuu said:
Doubt it'll be released during the sale, considering only BF2 is on Steam and 2142 won't be up for a few months (the person who is going to get it 'ported' to Steam is working on Bad Company 2).

Unfortunately I think you are correct.

Oreoleo

Feel the Swift said:
Is Unreal still pretty popular. The pack deal is insane.

Funny thing is I think last year's sale had a better deal for the Unreal games than this year. UT '99 will ALWAYS have people playing it, and UT3 is a worthy successor to the first. It's a little more cut and dry than the iD pack. If you like the games, there's no reason not to be buying the pack.

Top Bottom