• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

senahorse

Keikoku said:
About Oddworld, is it possible to change the resolution ? Also, wasn't Stranger's Wrath supposed to be on steam this month ?

Unfortunately no, and it comes out early next year I believe as part of the oddbox.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Also, does anyone know how to restore the waddle camera-bob in the stalker 2009 mod? I kinda miss it :lol

Keikoku

Banned
x3n05 said:
Unfortunately no, and it comes out early next year I believe as part of the oddbox.

Thanks. They'll support high res I suppose ?

Anyway, Tomb Raider Anniversary is awesome. It's a GFW game, so can I log to my Live account with the steam version ? Also, official controller support ?

Wallach

Keikoku said:

Anyway, Tomb Raider Anniversary is awesome. It's a GFW game, so can I log to my Live account with the steam version ? Also, official controller support ?

Yes to the LIVE question (I do it with my Steam version of Batman: AA), and I think it has official 360 controller support as well (IIRC all GFWL games do).

Keikoku

Banned
Wallach said:
Yes to the LIVE question (I do it with my Steam version of Batman: AA), and I think it has official 360 controller support as well (IIRC all GFWL games do).

Thanks. That's odd because I'm not finding the log-in option.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the Home button on your keyboard should work as well.

Teknoman

Still no dice downloading the Stalker gift. Didnt have this problem back with Borderlands 4 pack... And its like the game completely vanished from my account. Hasnt shown up in the Not installed section since early this morning when I first got the gift message.

Probably wont get an answer from support till saturday/next week.

ATF487

Just bought the id pack, would have missed it if I had gone to bed at a reasonable time! Other things I've bought this month:

Serious Sam - 19.99 (should have waited!)
KOTOR - 2.50
Outrun - 2.50
Dark Sector - 4.99
Unreal pack- 13.59
Stalker - 1.99 (just to have it on steam, really)
Torchlight - 9.99
CS:S - 4.99

I fucking love Steam

Wallach

*throws keyboard*

I just noticed STALKER was on sale yesterday. FUCK. I have the shittiest timing in the world.

I wonder if Assassin's Creed will come up during this thing...

FatalT

Banned
I've spent way too much money so far.

Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood
1.39 USD
Braid
2.49 USD
Madballs in... Babo:Invasion
4.99 USD
Alpha Prime
0.99 USD
Zombie Bowl-O-Rama
0.99 USD
Luxor 3
0.99 USD
Lucasarts Adventure Bundle
2.49 USD
Crash Time 2
3.99 USD
Nation Red
4.99 USD
Star Wars: KOTOR
4.99 USD
Action Indie
4.99 USD
Zombie Shooter 2
2.49 USD
Indigo Prophecy
3.39 USD
Serious Sam HD (US)
9.99 USD
Eidos Collector Pack
49.99 USD
Outrun2006 Coast 2 Coast
2.49 USD
Samorost 2
2.49 USD
Machinarium
9.99 USD
Trine
7.99 USD
Time Gentlemen, Please!
2.49 USD
The Void
9.99 USD
And Yet It Moves
4.99 USD
Starwars Republic Commando
4.99 USD
Lucasarts Jedi Knight Bundle
9.99 USD
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum
10.19 USD
Shadowgrounds Survivor
2.99 USD
Osmos
4.99 USD

TOTAL: $172.73

WALLET AM CRY but I'm pretty happy about all the games I've gotten. :D

hamchan

Wallach said:
*throws keyboard*

I just noticed STALKER was on sale yesterday. FUCK. I have the shittiest timing in the world.

I wonder if Assassin's Creed will come up during this thing...
It's still $1.50. Go get it!

Esperado

joesmokey said:
Damn it Steam. Was so tempted to get the iD super pack for $35 but held out. Now at $23.99 you're forcing me to buy it!
Yeah, I bought that last year at 35 and still haven't really played any of the games. That's whats holding me back from that Eidos pack. I still have a few games to finish from this year, and I don't really want to add more on the pile just yet.

vocab

I bought Lucas Arts Adventure pack (even though I can get them by other means), and X-COM: UFO Defense. I don't think I'll buy anything over $5 in this sale. On the fence about Kings Quest, and Space Quest for now.

Does anyone know if its possible to remove a game from your steam account that you have added from a retail box?

I added my copy of UT3 to my steam account but now i'd rather just get the unreal pack and give my retail box of UT3 to a brother or friend

Ourobolus

Banned
Damn damn damn damn! I bought a bunch of games through the Steam browser store, but Steam itself is blocked through the router here. Dammit, I have to wait until March to play all the games I just bought! :'(

SuicideUZI said:
Does anyone know if its possible to remove a game from your steam account that you have added from a retail box?

I added my copy of UT3 to my steam account but now i'd rather just get the unreal pack and give my retail box of UT3 to a brother or friend

Once you activate a game via Steam it is forever attached to your account. There is no way to remove it.

senahorse

Keikoku said:

I would like to think so but I am not holding my breath as I guess they would have to redo all the assets in order to support. Though they said there are a few surprises regarding the games they haven't disclosed so here's hoping.

Firestorm

Teknoman said:
Finally fixed the problems by completely uninstalling then reinstalling steam. Now to redownload everything...
Why didn't you back up your games? And why did you delete your games when uninstalling Steam? o_O

Brashnir

Firestorm said:
Why didn't you back up your games? And why did you delete your games when uninstalling Steam? o_O

doesn't really matter. can just install the one game he wants to play now, and install the rest while he sleeps/is at work/class. That's what I do.

Parham

Banned
Keikoku said:

While Tomb Raider Anniversary is a GFW game, it does not support GFW Live. That means that, sadly, you cannot login to your Live account from the game.

GFW: Standard box art, X360 controller support, Compatible with 64-bit OSes

GFW Live: Achievements, GamerTag, Marketplace, etc.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Who wanted stalker gifted to them from the aussie store for $1.49? It's still listed for that price.

Send me a PM or msg me over steam (evlcookie) i will try and help you guys out.

senahorse

:lol didn't see your post Cookie, well anyone else want STALKER, let me know soon, I have the order page open.

evlcookie said:
You have to friend them first before you can gift by their names, otherwise it's emails ahoy!

XMAS is a time for making new friends...apparently :D

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
x3n05 said:
:lol didn't see your post Cookie, well anyone else want STALKER, let me know soon, I have the order page open.

All good. Clearly we are bored at 8pm on christmas night, so either of us can help out.

Edit: Why is MW2 still in the top 5 of the charts. Booo. Good to see serious sam sell a few units at $10. Also just noticed in "your account" it lists every purchase you have made, i've been on steam for over 2 years :lol

Top Bottom