• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Magni

Feels good to get some PC FPS action (I'm primarily a 360 gamer), played some Crysis and STALKER these pas two days, both great games, completely different atmospheres, but wow. These two and ArmA (haven't bought the second yet, still need to beat the first ^^) made me glad I spent the extra dough for a gaming laptop this summer instead of a regular notebook. And I haven't even launched RS 3 yet :D

Durante

52club said:
The one game I asked for this x-mas was Dragon Age. This way I wouldn't pay full price, but a loved one would:lol . I am very happy to see it up the charts at Steam. I feel like PC gamers need to reward developers who take the time to take advantage of the higher ceiling for PCs versus consoles. Bioware did just that by adding better graphics and an additional view for PC players.
While I agree with your general idea, Bioware didn't really do anything like that. They took a game that was developed for at least 2 years with only PC in mind and shoehorned it onto consoles. I guess we can thank them for not downgrading the PC version to match the console versions though (not unheard of, sadly).

Question for those who bought Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast:

An acquaintance of mine would like to know whether the Steam versions works with the 360 controller and if there's some sort of configuration menu where you can tweak the sensitivity or something of the control sticks. He checked the Steam forums yesterday to see if someone asked this already, but came back empty-handed.

The amount of video options for Serious Sam HD are staggering. Holy shit, I know what I'm doing with PC gaming and I don't think I know what half of that shit does.

The originals are the same way, but this seems even more cryptic and awesome. :lol

gregor7777 said:
The amount of video options for Serious Sam HD are staggering. Holy shit, I know what I'm doing with PC gaming and I don't think I know what half of that shit does.

The originals are the same way, but this seems even more cryptic and awesome. :lol
I have no clue what the hell SHARPEN-BICUBIC and LANZCOS RESCALING FILTER means.

Keikoku

Banned
azentium said:
While Tomb Raider Anniversary is a GFW game, it does not support GFW Live. That means that, sadly, you cannot login to your Live account from the game.

GFW: Standard box art, X360 controller support, Compatible with 64-bit OSes

GFW Live: Achievements, GamerTag, Marketplace, etc.

icon35.gif

MicVlaD said:
Question for those who bought Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast:

An acquaintance of mine would like to know whether the Steam versions works with the 360 controller and if there's some sort of configuration menu where you can tweak the sensitivity or something of the control sticks. He checked the Steam forums yesterday to see if someone asked this already, but came back empty-handed.

Yes and yes, same with the analogue triggers as well.

MicVlaD said:
I have no clue what the hell SHARPEN-BICUBIC and LANZCOS RESCALING FILTER means.

They're differnet upscaling algorithms. You can render the game below native resolution and choose which filter you want to use to upscale it to your monitor's native resolution. I use bicubic to scale my video content with MPC-HC and it gives great results, dunno how it works with game content though. Pretty sure the 360's hardware scaler uses lanczos.

Zzoram

azentium said:
GFW: Standard box art, X360 controller support, Compatible with 64-bit OSes

GFW Live: Achievements, GamerTag, Marketplace, etc.

If the standards actually held true, that would be great. Unfortunately, some GFW games don't support the Xbox 360 controller.

Brashnir

Zzoram said:
If the standards actually held true, that would be great. Unfortunately, some GFW games don't support the Xbox 360 controller.

have a list of which ones by any chance? I'd like to know so I can steer clear of them (if they're the kinds of games I'd want controller support for, that is)

RedSwirl

Everything Battlefield 2-related ever is $8 right now. Should I get it if I'm already inundated with Left 4 Dead 2, Team Fortress 2, and Call of Duty 4 (yeah)?

I have never played anything Battlefield-related. This is mainly multiplayer right? How does it work? Since it's so old is the player base a walled-off garden by now?

mitheor

King's Bounty: Armored Princess
King's Bounty: Armored Princess is a sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend. Players will take on the role of Princess Amelie who travels around the world of Teana and searches for the renowned knight, and her mentor, Bill Gilbert.... more
39,99€ 9,99€
Add to Cart

Cogs
Cogs is a puzzle game where players build machines from sliding tiles. Players can choose from 50 levels and 3 gameplay modes. New puzzles are unlocked by building contraptions quickly and efficiently.... more
8,99€ 1,79€
Add to Cart

Battlefield 2: Complete Collection
The Battlefield 2: Complete Collection features the following: Battlefield 2 (v1.50) Battlefield 2: Special Forces Battlefield 2: Euro Forces Battlefield 2: Armored Fury Lock and load, soldier!... more
19,99€ 4,99€
Add to Cart

Elf Bowling: Hawaiian Vacation
If you thought Santa's elves were crazy before, just wait until you see them on vacation! The zany crew has escaped from the workshop to hit the sand and surf in Elf Bowling Hawaiian Vacation. Grab your sunscreen and flip flops, these elves mean business-funny business that is!... more
9,99€ 1,--€
Add to Cart

Red Faction Guerrilla
Set 50 years after the climactic events of the original Red Faction, Red Faction: Guerrilla allows players to take the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force.... more
49,99€ 12,49€
Add to Cart

Resident Evil™ 5
From the ashes of old conflicts, a new terror arises. The Umbrella Corporation and its crop of lethal viruses have been destroyed and contained. But a new, more dangerous threat has emerged.... more
37,99€ 18,99€
Add to Cart

Thomper

Battlefield, Elf Bowling, Cogs, Red Faction, Resident Evil 5, and Kings Bounty Armored Princess. Kings Bounty deal is amazing.

Yasser

red faction guerilla £8.74
cogs £1.39
resident evil 5 £14.99
bf2 complete collection £3.74
elf bowling: hawaiian vacation £1.00

kinda meh =/

Thomper

DirtRiver said:
How is Guerrilla on the PC?
It's a really good port. If you have a good PC, it'll look tons better than the console version as well. Plus, includes Games for Windows achievements if you want that stuff.

Brashnir said:
great deal on Armored Princess. too bad I already have it.
Yeah, I just bought the bundle the other day, too... Oh well. The rest of the deals aren't so great, especially RE5. That should really be like $15 by now.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
DirtRiver said:
How is Guerrilla on the PC?
Would like to know this too.

Also I'm so tempted to get BF2 but the expansions would seem like they splinter up the community. If you play the latest one does it included everything in the previous versions? I haven't play BF2 since the first expansion was released.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Armored Princess purchased!

I really wish I waited 5 hours before buying Red Faction. Doh.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Getting BF2 and KB:AP :D:D:D

NameGenerated said:
Would like to know this too.

Also I'm so tempted to get BF2 but the expansions would seem like they splinter up the community. If you play the latest one does it included everything in the previous versions? I haven't play BF2 since the first expansion was released.
It looks like it comes with every expansion. I could be wrong.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Red Faction at $10 USD! Almost bought it the first day. :lol

BOUGHT.

Pro-tip: don't buy anything that's not in the 24hr deals.

My hopes for a highly discounted Fallout 3 GOTY are getting higher.

Top Bottom