• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Probably going to get the BF2 collection. It would be nice to pack up my discs with the rest of my games.

Still tempted to buy Torchlight today as well. Not sure if I should possibly wait until the end for a daily deal or buy now and play during my time off this week.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
No more non-24 deal purchases from me until the final day at least.

Erudite

HOLY SHIT! SO GLAD I WAITED!

King's Bounty - Gold Edition (Since Armored Princess was at $26, and the Gold Edition was $30), Red Faction Guerilla, alongside a few other things, were in my cart yesterday that added up to $65. This sale brought that $65 to $35. Soooo happy :D

syllogism

Keikoku said:
Is armored princess a stand-alone game ?
Yes and it's more polished than Legend

graywolf323 said:
too bad the King's Bounty: Gold Edition isn't on sale as well

guess I'll have to hope on a daily deal on the first game later on
You don't need to play KB: Legend and you might not even want to after finishing AP

How is the multiplayer for Red Faction Guerrilla on the PC? I thought I heard a few times that it's pretty much dead.

Dark Stalkers said:
Do alot of people still play bf2?

Yes, a lot of people still play BF2. There's still several thousand servers online and several thousand people playing it.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
NameGenerated said:
I know, but would you just need to boot up the latest one and would it have everything previous included?
Oh. No clue then!

Dark Stalkers said:
Yes

syllogism said:
Yes and it's more polished than Legend

You don't need to play KB: Legend and you might not even want to after finishing AP
Just from my demo impressions, AP's combat is much improved from KB vanilla.

I've always wanted to try Battlefield 2 and for that price i can't pass it up.

Cogs seems pretty interesting. I was on the fence at $5, but at $2 it is so bought.

Javaman

Hey, I don't want to interrupt you guys but we've got a potential nipple slip screen coming up in a minute.
r93cx2.jpg

Dark Stalkers said:

Yeah, there's quite a few servers still going strong. I just checked and rough guess would be a couple hundred currently populated servers.

Dunbar

What sort of RPG is Armored Princess? If I can play it without needing to know anything from the first one then I'm very interested.

speculawyer said:
Yeah, I can't steam working as a browser either. Perhaps my use of firefox is interfering?

You can only use Steam as a browser in-game and only if you select the "Web" option when going into the Steam Overlay.

Jirotrom

Acidote said:
It does since I'm not interested in any of them, but hey, there are 9 days left. Believe :lol .
:lol believe indeed, im still waiting on torchlight, dragon age and farcry 2 to get lower lol

Yay, cheap Armoured Princess, now I really should get round to finishing King's Bounty, cheap Red Faction is bought too. BF2 is tempting, but 1) I already have a disc somewhere and Bad Company 2 is soon and pretty much means I'll never play 2 again.

Parham

Banned
Zzoram said:
If the standards actually held true, that would be great. Unfortunately, some GFW games don't support the Xbox 360 controller.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those usually RTS games (i.e. Company of Heroes, Supreme Commander, Sins of a Solar Empire)?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Dunbar said:
What sort of RPG is Armored Princess? If I can play it without needing to know anything from the first one then I'm very interested.
It is like HOMM without micro. You will be able to grasp the game with no prior knowledge.

Zzoram

Dunbar said:

It's supposed to be like Heroes of Might and Magic, which I believe is a tactical RPG in the line of Final Fantasy Tactics or something (where combat is held on a grid, units have a certain number of actions per turn, and positioning matters).

syllogism

It's exactly like a HoMM game without town building and a single world to explore instead of campaign. If you've ever played those HoMM 3 custom maps that have no AI opponents and city building, it's exactly like that.

Costanza

Banned
ugh, what the fuck...

My purchase timed out during checkout. now the games are showing up in my list but are uninstallable, and my card was already charged. I haven't gotten an email confirmation.

anyone had this happen before?

Zzoram

Costanza said:
ugh, what the fuck...

My purchase timed out during checkout. now the games are showing up in my list but are uninstallable, and my card was already charged. I haven't gotten an email confirmation.

wait a few minutes, servers are getting hammered

they appear in your owned games list? restart steam

Alucrid

Banned
Costanza said:
ugh, what the fuck...

I can't install mine either, but I get the message saying that "Steam servers are too busy...blah blah blah, try again later."

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Javaman said:
Hey, I don't want to interrupt you guys but we've got a potential nipple slip screen coming up in a minute.
r93cx2.jpg
So you're not always on the horse?

I wasn't impressed with the demo, at all.

Proc

huzzah! Red Faction, bf collection, and armored princes are mine at that price.

Now all i need is a deal on borderlands.

Still debating on whether to grab dawn of discovery and tropico 3 at those prices.

Twig

Banned
believe indeed, im still waiting on torchlight, dragon age and farcry 2 to get lower lol
Wasn't Far Cry 2 $10 on the first day?

I'm almost certain it was.

EDIT: Nevermind it still is. O:

You are one cheap fuck. (So am I. I'm not buying anything not on the one-day sales until the last day!)

randomwab

Motherfucker. I just bought Red Faction the day the sales went up, and not it goes further. Ugh, not buying anything more until the last day of sales.

Struct09

Already have RFG for 360, but just double dipped. Great game, can't wait to try it out on PC
(and double dip on the achievements)
:D

Top Bottom