• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

RedSwirl

My one problem with SWAT4 is that the demo was 4:3 only. Does the full game remedy this, and if not is there a mod that does?

mandiller

Is anyone feeling festive enough this Christmas to gift me Red Faction: Guerrilla from the US? I'll send them $10 via paypal. I've been involved in neogaf four packs for borderlands and L4D2 in the past.

It's just that $US10 is enough to push me over the edge but the $US17 they ask for it in the Aus store isn't.

*EDIT* Wallach has offered to help. Thanks!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
azentium said:
Based on the hour or so that I've played of the PC version, Red Faction appears to run extremely well.

Edit: For the record, I am not sure how well the KB/M controls work. I have been using the X360 controller the entire time.

I have a 360 controller as well, its a non-issue.

Thanks btw, I bought it :)

Miau

Neo Member
Fragamemnon said:
I love the X series, but it does have a really steep learning curve. The game is also not as much focused on combat or story as it might look-at the heart of the X games is an empire management simulation and interstellar commerce builder with an often trying interface, especially in the older games like X2 or Reunion. Be ready to mod too, as the series really shines with all of the user scripts.

I spent over 200 hours with X3: Terran Conflict - I made a thread here about it earlier this year. It's not just not a game for everyone, it's a game actually for very few people with narrow tastes, but god help you if you love space simulations and spreadsheet gaming the series is like a big chunk of rich, luxurious chocolate.

Thanks for the impressions, right now I'm reading through the thread you made and it seems quite interesting. Will download the demo and try it out. Oh and from what I'm reading the Steam version doesn't have Starforce :D

Miau said:
Thanks for the impressions, right now I'm reading through the thread you made and it seems quite interesting. Will download the demo and try it out. Oh and from what I'm reading the Steam version doesn't have Starforce :D

Pretty sure that all versions of the X series are DRM free now, either retail (just patch before launching, they stripped the DRM out in the later patches for each game) or Steam.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Decided to wait on King's Bounty till I can get both for under 10 total if Armoured Princess' difficult might be too off putting.

Also, this is an excuse because I have way too damn much to play currently. I got my EUIII Complete today. I think I'll be sticking to picking up a few older games if they have a Daily Deal. Such as Max Payne series.

Parham

Banned
mandiller said:
Is anyone feeling festive enough this Christmas to gift me Red Faction: Guerrilla from the US? I'll send them $10 via paypal. I've been involved in neogaf four packs for borderlands and L4D2 in the past.

It's just that $US10 is enough to push me over the edge but the $US17 they ask for it in the Aus store isn't.

PM sent. :)

faceless007 said:
ScummVM is supposed to work with the first few Space Quest games (it's far more than a SCUMM emulator now). I thought about buying the collection and just running it through that instead of Dosbox.

Ok, but what about space quest 1 ega version??i like typing sentences too.....

Wallach

DMPrince said:
So i picked up Red Faction Guerrilla. But when it gets to update GWL it always fail. anyone have this trouble? I'm running W7 64Bit.

Didn't have that issue myself, also running W7 64...

Maybe try downloading the GFWL client itself and updating it fully before trying to launch RF:G again?

DMPrince said:
So i picked up Red Faction Guerrilla. But when it gets to update GWL it always fail. anyone have this trouble? I'm running W7 64Bit.
Are you running Xfire? I had the same issue, I solved it by shutting down xfire when logging in.

I3rand0

Anyone else having problems purchasing? Both of my credit and debit cards keep getting denied, but I used one of them earlier to buy BF 2.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
DMPrince said:
Ran into the same issue.

Follow THESE steps. Workes like a charm.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
My God Punkbuster is ruining BF2 for me. The goddamned POS keeps kicking me out because of some unauthorized driver/program. Just when I am having fun on a noob Wake Island map the game kicks me out. It has done so three times now. What in the fuck!?? I am seriously considering asking for a refund seeing as I can barely play at all.

EDIT: Doing a manual update to see if its fixed

Grayman

mr jones said:
Don't know any PC players who have the game. I've only recently got back into playing games on the PC.
L4D uses a match making system that just throws you into public games so you can get some games with others. For campaign mode(plain coop 4 vs zombies) it seems to work well.

Picked up BF2 Complete, armored princess, and Red Faction Guerilla.
Picked up Eidos Pack, R6V2, and Jedi Knight pack.

STEAM IS MY LORD AND SAVIOR.

(he also likes to rape my wallet.....bastard)

Bunny

Relix said:
My God Punkbuster is ruining BF2 for me. The goddamned POS keeps kicking me out because of some unauthorized driver/program. Just when I am having fun on a noob Wake Island map the game kicks me out. It has done so three times now. What in the fuck!?? I am seriously considering asking for a refund seeing as I can barely play at all.

EDIT: Doing a manual update to see if its fixed

try disabling steam's in-game overlay.

RedSwirl said:
I'm about to go and pick up SWAT 4 which at Direct 2 Drive is either $7.50 alone or $10 with the expansion. Expansion worth it?
Yeah, I picked up SWAT 4 Gold too. I wish Irrational would make another military shooter.

Mr. B

RF: Guerrilla is tempting, but I promised myself I wouldn't bother with current-gen games on my subpar machine.

Go go Max Payne bundle discount :D

Got Space Asshole (Red Faction), but it runs far too fast in W7 that its almost comical if it didnt make driving or aiming goddamn annoying.

Wallach

Darkflight said:
Got Space Asshole (Red Faction), but it runs far too fast in W7 that its almost comical if it didnt make driving or aiming goddamn annoying.

Mouse sensitivity problem? I use a 360 pad and the controls work fine.

Wallach said:
Mouse sensitivity problem? I use a 360 pad and the controls work fine.
Using a 360 pad and no the game itself runs too fast it seems, quite a common issue it turns out, not always just on W7. Apparently a trainer of all things can reduce the speed back to normal, I'll have to try it tomorrow.

Chris R

Finally finished downloading The Witcher. Booted it up, changed my video settings, and now the game won't boot again. I registered it with the key that Steam provided me, and shit still won't boot up. Crashes to desktop right away :(

legend166

mandiller said:

*EDIT* Wallach has offered to help. Thanks!

I'd love if someone could help me out as well.

bengraven

Javaman said:
Browse to the game install folder in steam, steamapps\common\the bards tale\config and run the setup program there.

Thanks!

Now if the animation wasn't so god-awful slow (official forums are saying my computer might not be able to handle it...I have a hard time believing my computer that can run Crysis at a solid 50fps can't handle a console port from 2004).

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
bengraven said:
Thanks!

Now if the animation wasn't so god-awful slow (official forums are saying my computer might not be able to handle it...I have a hard time believing my computer that can run Crysis at a solid 50fps can't handle a console port from 2004).

It's a V-Sync bug, you have to force V-Sync off in your drivers for that game, then it runs buttery smooth.

Twig

Banned
All these problems are making me second-guess my definite-purchase-plan for The Bard's Tale on the last day of the sale. D:

I loved the game on PS2, but maybe it's not worth buying on PC. Even though my PS2 stopped being eligible for free repairs after Sony failed to fix the DRE problem five times, years ago. And then it broke one last time.

Then again it's only $7 and once I get over the hurdle of Making the Game Work...!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
After wasting 30 minutes getting the damn patch to work for Red Faction Guerrilla I finally got in! The game runs amazing on my PC and looks fantastic. I had almost forgotten how fun it is to run around and fuck shit up in this game. Space Asshole!

Volcynika

Jirotrom said:
laugh all you want... i'll save this for later ownage... even if it means a month from now lol

Just asking, do you remember how many times Modern Warfare 1 went on sale? I think it was like...one time. On the weekend close to MW2's release. That's the timeframe you should aim for! :eek:

Stitch

Gold Member
I just want to say that Libo is awesome because he not only gifted me Stalker but he also gifted me Clear Sky :D

<3

Top Bottom