• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Bought Battle Field 2 Complete. It was a good buy at the price. Second purchase purchase of the Steam sale for me (first was STALKER). $10 so far..

Huge backlog is holding me back. I'll cave in if there's a daily deal on Fallout 3 though.

datamage

EviLore said:
Play the demo of the original King's Bounty for that. The AP demo is intended for people who played the first game.

If you purchase the full game, does it ease you into the game with a tutorial, or does it still assume you've played the first one?

datamage said:
If you purchase the full game, does it ease you into the game with a tutorial, or does it still assume you've played the first one?

There's a good in-game tutorial in Armored Princess for new players. It's actually sort of important to do for everyone, since the battle wins there (which are easy) count toward your no-losses count for an in-game achievement (a useful kind that gives a bonus, not the stpud xbox kind) and you get some starter gear.

datamage

Fragamemnon said:
There's a good in-game tutorial in Armored Princess for new players. It's actually sort of important to do for everyone, since the battle wins there (which are easy) count toward your no-losses count for an in-game achievement (a useful kind that gives a bonus, not the stpud xbox kind) and you get some starter gear.

Ah, glad to hear, thanks. :) I decided to buy Armored Princess after trying the demo. Didn't know what the hell I was doing, but that was part of the fun. ::lol

Firestorm

Gifted my cousin Audiosurf and she has 8.2 hours in the game in the last 24 hours. That's one full quarter of a day ._.
This is a public service announcement to buy Audiosurf.

I gifted Audiosurf to two people for Christmas. I might even make it three. This game deserves it. I just started playing again recently after not having played it for a really long time and I'm having a great time. I've got a lot of new music to try out.

Brashnir

Firestorm said:
Gifted my cousin Audiosurf and she has 8.2 hours in the game in the last 24 hours. That's one full quarter of a day ._.

I bought it earlier in this sale and just can't get into it. I like the concept, but think the actual gameplay falls kind of flat.

plus the game gives me a headache if I play more than a couple songs in a row, but that's just me, I'm sure.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I wish audiosurf wasn't a game but a visualisation plugin for something like foobar. I would be down for just sitting there watching it go along as i listen to all my music. I don't mind the "game" part of it but it was always the visual effects that made me enjoy the game when it first came out.

Maybe one day

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Audiosurf for me just felt.. too easy? I dunno, not like guitar hero/Rock Band where i HAVE to hit the notes or i won't get through it, in this case i can just fly through doing whatever and even the medals don't really give me that sence of achievement..
It's one of the things still putting me off buying DJ Hero.

I bought cogs before going to sleep earlier and it looks like I'm not going to regret it. It looks to be a steal at that price with fifty puzzles and the game looks pretty inventive. I can't wait to see the next round of deals. I'm really hoping for a drop on Mass effect. I loved it to pieces on the 360 and I'd probably run down my laptop with multiple runs.:D

See

Steam was working fine a while ago.. Now when I actually bought a game and want to download... Its not connecting!

My Internet works fine and its obviously not a firewall issue... whats happening? I can only download during this time of day! (1 in the morning!)

Brashnir

See said:
Steam was working fine a while ago.. Now when I actually bought a game and want to download... Its not connecting!

My Internet works fine and its obviously not a firewall issue... whats happening? I can only download during this time of day! (1 in the morning!)

try directing steam to a different server. Settings > Downloads

See

Brashnir said:
try directing steam to a different server. Settings > Downloads
No luck.. :(

Tried pretty much every continent. Ah well.. maybe my ISP is blocking Steam during this time (uncapped badwidth after 1 am) Grr...

Thanks for you help anyway :)

Fio

I know there's a modder that ported the content from Might and Magic V and Hammers of Fate to Tribes of East, so you just have to buy TOE to get all the content from the previous games. Does it work on the Steam version?

TOE is on sale for $5, I'm very tempted to pick it up, this would seal the deal.

syllogism

Cindres said:
Audiosurf for me just felt.. too easy? I dunno, not like guitar hero/Rock Band where i HAVE to hit the notes or i won't get through it, in this case i can just fly through doing whatever and even the medals don't really give me that sence of achievement..
It's about competing against other players

SmZA

fanboi said:
Hum, is it against the rules to ask if someone can gift me a game on steam? Money transfer via paypal etc...
I don't think it's against forum rules but it's against Valve terms of service. I don't think too many people get banned for it but if the game you're given turns out to have been purchased with a bad credit card your whole account could be blocked. Valve recommend you never accept a gift from a stranger.

fanboi

Banned
Paulathon said:
I don't think it's against forum rules but it's against Valve terms of service. I don't think too many people get banned for it but if the game you're given turns out to have been purchased with a bad credit card your whole account could be blocked. Valve recommend you never accept a gift from a stranger.

Ah, I C...

Man, painkiller is awesome but it makes he sick quicker than hl2. I'm even drinking ginger ale and it's not helping. :( I wish I knew why I get so nauseous now.

Cindres

Just downloading the Cogs demo, i know it's only £1.40, but if the option's there i'll still try before i buy.

EDIT: Hmm, very unsure. I never liked sliding puzzles. The game is very very fun, and i love the cogs and 3d cog puzzles. But damn the pipe ones are winding me up.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Man, painkiller is awesome but it makes he sick quicker than hl2. I'm even drinking ginger ale and it's not helping. :( I wish I knew why I get so nauseous now.

Take some Dramamine? It maybe the FOV. I have some friend that get motion sick and can play games like Halo but can't play others cause they make them sick.

randomlyrossy said:
Sorry to tell ya, it was a fiver in the daily sale before this one.

2ib21wl.jpg

FML

GHG

Gold Member
I'm hoping for some good new deals in about an hours time because frankly, the last 2 days have been poor. Its pushing me more towrards buying the Eidos pack more than anything to be honest. Hell.. maybe I should just buy it regardless.

Cindres said:
Just downloading the Cogs demo, i know it's only £1.40, but if the option's there i'll still try before i buy.

EDIT: Hmm, very unsure. I never liked sliding puzzles. The game is very very fun, and i love the cogs and 3d cog puzzles. But damn the pipe ones are winding me up.

Also considering buying this game. Even the more difficult puzzles could eventually be solved and I like that the developer wasn't afraid to challenge gamers.

I was at the developers forums earlier and he has understood that the cog puzzles are much more popular. He has also just released mod tools for the game so hopefully there will be many more user generated puzzles coming soon.

zombieshavebrains said:
Take some Dramamine? It maybe the FOV. I have some friend that get motion sick and can play games like Halo but can't play others cause they make them sick.

I guess I'll try that next, that seems to be my only option at this point.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I have a person that buys games for me if i deposit the money into his bank account, i was gonna do that today in order to buy Battlefield 2 but the special store where i can do that was closed because of a power loss in the city, fuck my life :(

Cindres

Bought Cogs and Ghostbusters.
£5.09 for ghostbusters? Fuck yeah, i thought itw as £7.50 before, i was gonna buy it anyway but i saved an extra almost £2.50 so it's all good.

GHG

Gold Member
Call of duty would be nice. The price for that just doesn't seem to be falling even at retail.

Zzoram

GHG said:
Call of duty would be nice. The price for that just doesn't seem to be falling even at retail.

Activision laughs at you for expecting a sale. They were charging full price for CoD4 for almost 2 years.

Talon

GHG said:
Amazon had it for $40 all yesterday across PS3/360/PC.
Zzoram said:
Activision laughs at you for expecting a sale. They were charging full price for CoD4 for almost 2 years.
There were a couple of opportunities to buy CoD4 at $35-$40 during that first Christmas. Same with MW2 to some extent between Amazon and Best Buy.

Firestorm

evlcookie said:
I wish audiosurf wasn't a game but a visualisation plugin for something like foobar. I would be down for just sitting there watching it go along as i listen to all my music. I don't mind the "game" part of it but it was always the visual effects that made me enjoy the game when it first came out.

Maybe one day
It has a mode where you just play your music and don't play.

Cindres said:
If Mono is too easy, try Pusher or Eraser!

DNF

Firestorm said:

thank god that the day only has 32.8 hours a day, otherwise she would have been playing even longer.

Top Bottom