• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Zzoram

gketter said:
Damn and here i thought torchlight at $20 was worth it. I've learned my lessen. I'll never buy a fall PC game again (shouldn't have purchase DA:O when i did as well)

That Star wars pack looks interesting....

Actually, I'm glad I bought DAO for $50 because if I bought it now, I'd never finish it with all the new games I have to play. I'd rather pay $50 for a game I can play than $38 for a game I never get to playing.

bought Torchlight

even though I was a bit meh to the demo (think I'm just fatigued on Hack n' Slashers), It'd be stupid of me not buy for $5 :D

Actually already bought Dragon Age for $37 during the Thanksgiving sales

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
The Star Wars pack is a bit of a let down... you're better off just getting the Jedi Knight pack and saving 15 bucks. Putting SWG as part of the 'savings' is kinda ridiculous.

Althane

I was thinking about getting Torchlight at full price...

Now, I'm going to get it. Because damn.... that's a good deal from what I've heard...

Anyone know if the PC version of Prototype is any good? If it's like Hulk:UD, I don't really see how the controls would work so well on the PC... (no gamepad)

Linkzg said:
I love how Steam has daily deals that destroy the lasting ones. Jedi Knight pack was $10, now the entire Star Wars thing is $10
So I'm not the only one that saw that . . . the star wars pack was $9.99 for a minute there. While I was thinking about it, it disappeared.

Struct09

I don't feel any regret getting Torchlight at $10, but damn $5 is a steal for that game. A no brainer if you remotely liked Diablo.

Big-E

Phew, nothing today as I already own mostly all those. Anyone who doesn't get Torchlight now is doing themselves a disservice.

Mrbob

5 dollars for Torchlight is a no brainer.

I think the only thing I'll grab today is the lumines pack. I might have picked up Prototype had it been lower.

dani_dc

Ouch, Torchlight, that got to hurt :lol

Glad I skipped on it earlier.

Star Wars Package is still up to me for 9.99 euros, though no KoTor there as advertised in the banner.
Will consider getting but will wait to see if they solve that "detail".

I wasn't even aware Lumines had a PC version :lol
Might get that one as well :D

I myself am glad that I bought Torchlight for 7,99€ on the previous weekend deal. They deserve that much for this brilliant game that I already have spent more than seven hours with.

Althane said:
Anyone know if the PC version of Prototype is any good? If it's like Hulk:UD, I don't really see how the controls would work so well on the PC... (no gamepad)

The controls take some getting used to but it's playable. Not ideal for the PC though.

Twig

Banned
Star Wars pack wasn't worth it at ten bucks for me, but I almost bought it anyway.

I have no regrets.

(Torchlight is mine, I knew waiting would pay off.)

Zzoram

joesmokey said:
Argh, should I go ahead and just buy Borderlands for $35? I'm getting impatient :(

It might not get cheaper, but it doesn't hurt that much to wait a few more days to see if it pops up for $25.

Zzoram

ipukespiders said:
I'll laugh when torchlight is $1 tomorrow.

Not how deals work. Many games went on sale for some % off until Jan.3, but every day there is a special sale on ~5 games that can be lower than the week long sale.

Costanza said:
Star Wars pack was a price mistake. it's $24.99 now

Good thing that Europe is always late. Added the game (for €9.99) to the cart shortly after you posted and I got it (+ Torchlight) :D
Awesome deals btw.

Glad I waited for Torchlight now. £7.24 for the Star Wars pack is incredible as well, the Jedi Knight games are amazing.

Edit: Holy shit, it just went up to £17.75 after I got it. Lucky me!

dani_dc

Well now it's up to 23 euros but with Kotor, guess I should had gotten it when I had the chance.
23 euros is too expensive for my tastes.

Mrbob

lakesideflight said:
well I learned my lesson from torchlight, so I'll be holding out on Trine until Jan. 3 in case it goes up for a daily deal. Make it happen steam!!

Good rule to go by.

Unless the game is 75 percent off or more right now in the regular sale, hold out to see if it will be on a daily deal.

Yeah and that Star Wars Premier package isn't very good.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Yeah got fucked over on Torchlight and Star Wars Jedi Knight pack. All i want is a Borderlands deal Valve, make it happen!

Edit: I bought the Jedi Knight pack for 10 bucks so paying about 14 more for games i won't play means i did okay. Just could have saved 5 bucks on Torchlight but i'm okay with that.

Bought torchlight the other day for 8 euro and enjoyed it so much that I also bought it directly off Runic for 20 to help support them.

In other words.... BUY TORCHLIGHT!!!!!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
lakesideflight said:
well I learned my lesson from torchlight, so I'll be holding out on Trine until Jan. 3 in case it goes up for a daily deal. Make it happen steam!!

it's FIVE dollars, not $20! you guys crack me up.

Lyonaz

They fixed Star wars premier pack for Europe, 23 euro now.=( FUCK!

Already got Torchlight for 7,99 euro last week.

I'm hoping for cheap The Witcher during these day.

Is the deluxe version of Dragon Age worth it at all? The reduced price on both sucks but if the deluxe version is worth the extra content, I'll get it.

Mrbob

Next person that asks if Torchlight is worth $4.99 should be punched in the throat! :D

It is worth its regular price of $19.99! Anything less is a deal!

Top Bottom