• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Keikoku

Banned
So how do I mod Clear Sky (bought it on steam) ? I edited the fsgame.LTX file, extracted my mod into the "gamedata" folder I just created and still it's not working ingame.

RJT

I'm considering SW pack... But is it really worth it?

WTF? Now it's 23€? If they included Unleashed at that price, I'd probably get it...

notworksafe

Light day today...just Torchlight for me.

Most of these games I own on one or multiple platforms already (box and Steam version of DAO, Lumines on 360 and PSP)

Glad I waited on Torchlight. Had a gut feeling they were going to lower it. Star Wars pack was tempting but I hesitated too long so gonna pass on that.

SephriJ

I am debating on Dragon Age, I really want to get it, but not sure if I am getting it as a present later this weekend. Gotta figure this out.

BigAT

So I have Lumines for XBLA and love it, but was disappointed with the fact that it was missing so much. So much so that I haven't downloaded any of the extra packs for it.

How does the PC version compare to what's on XBLA and what would I be getting that I'm missing out on currently for 360? Any recommendations?

Truespeed

RJT said:
I'm considering SW pack... But is it really worth it?

WTF? Now it's 23€? If they included Unleashed at that price, I'd probably get it...

So if you bought it for $10 10 minutes ago do you get the extra content? Hmm, ponder that.

VGChampion said:
Glad I waited on Torchlight. Had a gut feeling they were going to lower it. Star Wars pack was tempting but I hesitated too long so gonna pass on that.
Valve seems to screw up on the prices a lot.

I'm starting to wonder if they are gaming us. When things go on sale, we'll all be quickly trying to press the buy button wondering if the price is a mistake so we need to jump on it fast!! :D

Ninja Face said:
Is the deluxe version of Dragon Age worth it at all? The reduced price on both sucks but if the deluxe version is worth the extra content, I'll get it.

Not really. You can get a new box version of the regular edition for $25 dollar on ebay, that's what I was hoping steam would discount it to. Oh well I don't mind having the box version for that.

Truespeed

BigAT said:
So I have Lumines for XBLA and love it, but was disappointed with the fact that it was missing so much. So much so that I haven't downloaded any of the extra packs for it.

How does the PC version compare to what's on XBLA and what would I be getting that I'm missing out on currently for 360? Any recommendations?

We're feverishly downloading it right now and will report back with a 5 minute review. I do know that it was voted the best game ever by Illuminati magazine.

Dynoro

Ninja Face said:
Is the deluxe version of Dragon Age worth it at all? The reduced price on both sucks but if the deluxe version is worth the extra content, I'll get it.
£10 for the 1hr DLC and a chest is a ripoff (though I got it at launch as I wasn't sure) - I would advise going with the standard edition now

Proc

fuck jan 3rd is a long time away.

I have today and tomorrow off...maybe I'll just bite the bullet and buy borderlands and tropico 3 at their current bargain prices.

Atilac

Keikoku said:
So how do I mod Clear Sky (bought it on steam) ? I edited the fsgame.LTX file, extracted my mod into the "gamedata" folder I just created and still it's not working ingame.
Make sure the filepath isn't gamedate/gamedata/whateverdata.
It should be gamedata/whateverdata

Is anyone else just waiting until the last day on everything does that doesn't come up as a daily deal now? There is a bunch of stuff I'm going to get, but I can wait until the 3rd if even one of them drops in half like some of the daily deals have.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
So you don't have a point then? Gotcha.

my point is that hoping to save a few bucks isn't enough to wait for something you really want now. Yes, I realize that some people will wait a year on a PS3 game to reach GH status before buying. Yes, different people value money differently. But $3 (not 5) isn't worth waiting for, nor is $5 for torchlight worth freaking out for as some ppl seem to be.

I missed yesterday, I would have bought Lumines and double-dipped on Torchlight (Already have it from Runic games, but Cloud + Achievements make me want to bite at a low price).

EDIT: Oh wait I'm an idiot, those are today's :lol . I guess I got in just before the timer reset.

tomasdk

Wow, that Torchlight deal is amazing. I got it at full price when it launched and it's worth every cent. At this price it would really be foolish not to get it even if you don't like these games too much.
I'll get Lumines and thinking about Universe at War: Earth Assault. Is it good? I loved Westwood games but didn't play anything from Petroglyph.

commish said:
my point is that hoping to save a few bucks isn't enough to wait for something you really want now. Yes, I realize that some people will wait a year on a PS3 game to reach GH status before buying. Yes, different people value money differently. But $3 (not 5) isn't worth waiting for, nor is $5 for torchlight worth freaking out for as some ppl seem to be.

Its not a huge deal, but with the other crazy Steam deals, $5 can net you a whole other great PC game

Fireblend

Banned
:lol oh wow, someone gifted me Torchlight a few days ago when it was $10. At least I've been playing it nonstop for a while, and it was well worth it. Great game!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm hoping that fallout 3 being $17 for a few minutes wasn't just a total coincidental messup, and that it's actually getting that sale soon. That's all I'm waiting for at this point.

mattiewheels said:
I'm hoping that fallout 3 being $17 for a few minutes wasn't just a total coincidental messup, and that it's actually getting that sale soon. That's all I'm waiting for at this point.

Shit. When did this happen?

Lucius86

Banned
I was going to get Dragon Age on Steam, as its 25% off - but on Amazon its at £16.99, so you save yourself a few bob even compared to the deal......

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

I knew waiting would finally pay off. I was so close to buying it last night but I knew I was not getting back home till this second anyway so I might as well have waited. :D

Torchlight finally bought!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Sack it, i'll wait and get Dragon age later. Torchlight for £3.74? Oh i love you guys.

Noogy

Bought Lumines (finally!). And I could have sworn that the Star Wars pack was something like $7.50 for a few seconds, then popped up to over $20. My loss for bothering to read the contents.

commish said:

But it isn't waiting a year it's waiting until the end for a week of deals. I could see your point if it was a longer stretch but it isn't. I don't think it's freaking out as much as it is funny (for me at least) when we all said how there is no way it could drop more after it just coming out recently and here it is $5. Mine was sacrasm/laughter not actual anger.

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
LUMINES™ Base+Advance Pack GET!

Wanted to play this game for ages.. But wasn't willing to pay 15 euro's for it on XBLA. €2,99 for the game + expansion seems like a great deal.

Baha

Does Lumines on Steam include the licensed music from the PSP versions or is it a PC port of the xbla/psn versions?

Ceebs

Althane said:
Anyone know if the PC version of Prototype is any good? If it's like Hulk:UD, I don't really see how the controls would work so well on the PC... (no gamepad)

This was the biggest burn for me all year and I picked up The Saboteur and have an ATI card.

There was never a patch to fix some silly HID bug that caused a machine that should have run it max settings to never get over 30fps in minimal settings. It was pretty much unplayable for me in that state. At least the other broken games I have picked up patched things up some.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
May pick up Universe at War, has anyone played it, and liked it? I like AoE, C&C, etc. so I'm assuming I'll enjoy it.

GHG

Gold Member
Lucius86 said:
I was going to get Dragon Age on Steam, as its 25% off - but on Amazon its at £16.99, so you save yourself a few bob even compared to the deal......

L4D2 is also £15 on Amazon.

Steam needs to step up on some titles.

Top Bottom