• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Is there any master list of what has been up already on this sale?

senahorse

Smash88 said:
Hey guys my friend is having problems with RF:G. I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix it?

Hey says: "Whenever i try to use my now existing gamertag to login, it logs in, tries to download the profile, then says it needs a required update, AGAIN".
--------------------------------------------
"It lets me sign in, always attemps to download my profile (which always is a broken profile) it says live for games REQUIRES an update (even though I've done it manually 3 or 4 times now, including a couple DIRECT from Microsoft. If i accept, it goes through the update process, but still tries to re-update when i restart the game"

He did this: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1080973

Anyone have any ideas?

I had all manner of problems getting it to work, none of the 'fixes' got it going for me. In the end I had to 'Take Ownership' of my C:\Users directory. It seemed some files still belonged to an old install and when I reinstalled Windows 7 it didn't hand ownership over. Guess it's a good example of why should do a clean install :D

You can not save the game in GTAIV unless you log into Games For Windows. Games For Windows will not download my profile information. I can not save the game. The game is broken.

I can not stress enough what a stupid fucking problem this is. If I hadn't already played the crap out of it on 360 I would probably have been more agitated. Now I guess I'll just download a 100% save file.

I will add that I had the exact same problem with GFW back with Kane & Lynch, only there it stopped me from playing multiplayer instead of saving. GFW is feces and ought to be illegal.

Downloaded a mod to resolve this nonsense.

Fireblend

Banned
Can't be estressed enough how good Torchlight is. Regardless of getting it for $10 or $5 (I actually belong to the superior camp, someone gifted it to me :D ) it's worth every cent; spent hours on it so far and it's incredibly addicting/fun. I can really see myself pouring time on it. Do get it.

Jirotrom

Fireblend said:
Can't be estressed enough how good Torchlight is. Regardless of getting it for $10 or $5 (I actually belong to the superior camp, someone gifted it to me :D ) it's worth every cent; spent hours on it so far and it's incredibly addicting/fun. I can really see myself pouring time on it. Do get it.
again... patience pays off :D

Jirotrom

rohlfinator said:
I keep going back and forth on Prototype... I'm interested in playing it, but I'm not sure if I'm $20 interested. It seems like the type of game that might hit in a weekend deal in a few months when I have less of a backlog, as well.

Torchlight was well worth the $20 at release, but I had to buy a copy for my brother.

I haven't heard too much chatter about it on GAF, but I've been interested in it since reading this preview at Rock Paper Shotgun.
prototype is not worth 20... wait till its 10 or 5 even

Dambrosi

Banned
azentium said:
What error code does your computer display when it gets the BSOD?
I don't know, it just goes by in a flash before restarting.

Everything else I bought via Steam works - even the notoriously buggy STALKER - but not Battlefield 2?! WTF?

Oh yeah, and Torchlight is awesome.

senahorse

Fingers crossed for 50% Fallout GOTY and Burnout Paradise. (I have already paid full price once on 360 for Burnout)

Jirotrom said:
WTF? where is the sound in Lumines!!?

Set your speakers to stereo and it should work, just a bug which Q Entertainment never bothered to fix.

Jirotrom

x3n05 said:
Fingers crossed for 50% Fallout GOTY and Burnout Paradise. (I have already paid full price once on 360 for Burnout)

Set your speakers to stereo and it should work, just a bug which Q Entertainment never bothered to fix.
burnout paridise is 10 dollars brand new at Half price Books.... and thanks

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
x3n05 said:
Well when you add in the return airfare from Australia to the US it actually ends up costing a little more.

I have burnout on the ps3 and i'm not a huge fan, it sucks compared to burnout 3. However if you and a few ausgaffers end up getting it then maybe we could have some fun online. If it's cheap enough i might just be in :lol

senahorse

Well it's not on sale at the moment, I would say there's a good chance of it getting reduced over the next week. I had loads of fun with the online on 360.:D

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Is there a way to permanently deny the installing of Gamespy Comrade when launching BF2? I cancel it every time and everything is fine but each time I boot up the game it goes in to the first time setup and asks me again? Just a minor inconvenience.

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
evlcookie said:
I have burnout on the ps3 and i'm not a huge fan, it sucks compared to burnout 3. However if you and a few ausgaffers end up getting it then maybe we could have some fun online. If it's cheap enough i might just be in :lol

Yeah, I didn't dig it either. Mar, on the other hand, seems to play it constantly. Go figure.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
alistairw said:
Yeah, I didn't dig it either. Mar, on the other hand, seems to play it constantly. Go figure.

Yea. It's his first burnout experience so he loves it :D

It's possible it could go for cheap. But i'm guessing $20 or so, same with dirt 2. Can't see either at $10 - $15. If Burnout was at $10 then er maybe, see who else picks it up for some 8p online stupidity.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wow this Indigo Prophecy game is really interesting. The QTE "Simon says" type of events seem like they are going to be tough on the keyboard using the arrow keys and the numpad arrow keys, though.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I need help!

Chronicles of Riddick, during the riot in Cell Block A right near the beginning of the game. I need to kill this dude in a big mech-like thing. I stopped here when I rented it for 360 a while back. I just can't kill the SOB.

I'm this close to downloading a trainer, I swear. I'm playing on Easy, ffs! I must be missing something.

Wallach

Rez said:
I need help!

Chronicles of Riddick, during the riot in Cell Block A right near the beginning of the game. I need to kill this dude in a big mech-like thing. I stopped here when I rented it for 360 a while back. I just can't kill the SOB.

I'm this close to downloading a trainer, I swear. I'm playing on Easy, ffs! I must be missing something.

You need to kill that guy from behind. There's a weak spot on his back. Keep maneuvering around him and hit him there, otherwise he will waste you.

NIN90

I should be doing hw said:
Well I asked that too, so if there isn't one do you wanna start one? Provided you or someone else lives in the US, I'm in Aus so would get a censored version.

Well that's not an option since I'm German. :lol

Gin

cramcakes said:
Mine

$2.99 LUMINES™ Base+Advance Pack
$2.49 Braid
$7.99 Trine
$4.99 World of Goo
$2.50 AudioSurf
$4.99 Torchlight

$25.95

nice pick up - such an awesome price ... start with torchlight - awesome game

I'd be up for joining the L4D2 deal if you guys are setting it up. I'd offer to be the buyer but I'm from the UK so you'd probably end up paying more.

alistairw

evlcookie said:
Yea. It's his first burnout experience so he loves it :D

That explains everything. I can imagine I'd probably play the shit out of it too, if it were my first Burnout game.

Wallach

It's funny how much I look forward to seeing the next day's deals... they totally own me right now. :lol

C'mon SF4 discount!

alistairw

Wallach said:
It's funny how much I look forward to seeing the next day's deals... they totally own me right now. :lol

C'mon SF4 discount!

SF4 was on sale for the first day.

Already bought Torchlight and lumines. I'm still hoping to get a shot at Mass effect. I might even take an extra shift at work so that I can afford to pick up Penumbra and Killing floor without hurting my budget.:lol

Picked up STALKER, Lumines + Advanced Pack, Serious Sam HD, Prince of Persia: WW and Dues Ex just then. :)

Edit: And Torchlght. Weeeee

Wallach said:
What? God damnit.

Edit - Wait, I don't see it on any of the days. Are you sure?

Yes. I saw it.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
NIN90 said:
It's already 10$ GODDAMNIT
Some people didn't buy Torchlight when it was $20. Some people didn't buy Torchlight when it was $15. Some people didn't buy Torchlight when it was $10.

It's my turn to be cheap :(

Top Bottom