• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

mandiller

Red Faction: Guerrilla isn't working for me. Same problem as everyone else. Log in with my gamertag, download patch, patch failed. I don't want to jump through bullshit to get this thing to work. Any ETA on when they'll fix this nonsense?

$10 too much so far. I hope it redeems itself. Back to Torchlight then.

vanty

evlcookie said:
I have burnout on the ps3 and i'm not a huge fan, it sucks compared to burnout 3. However if you and a few ausgaffers end up getting it then maybe we could have some fun online. If it's cheap enough i might just be in :lol
I'll get Burnout if it goes cheap. Haven't touched a Burnout game since I think 3 on the Xbox. But while I liked it I wasn't exactly a huge fan, Paradise looks much better to me.

And hooray for just getting uncapped so I can finally download all these games I've bought :lol

Des0lar

will learn eventually
mandiller said:
Red Faction: Guerrilla isn't working for me. Same problem as everyone else. Log in with my gamertag, download patch, patch failed. I don't want to jump through bullshit to get this thing to work. Any ETA on when they'll fix this nonsense?

Jesus 2 simple steps.... You'd rather wait months for the devs to fix this, than do it yourself in 2 minutes?!

http://forums.gamesforwindows.com/p/9658/88794.aspx

mandiller said:

So GFWL titles can't support Steam's autopatching? Fcking Microsoft, their failure knows no bounds sometimes.

vanty. said:
I'll get Burnout if it goes cheap. Haven't touched a Burnout game since I think 3 on the Xbox. But while I liked it I wasn't exactly a huge fan, Paradise looks much better to me.

And hooray for just getting uncapped so I can finally download all these games I've bought :lol

Its worth bearing in mind Paradise is the worst game in the series. Don't expect any quality racing.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
brain_stew said:
So GFWL titles can't support Steam's autopatching? Fcking Microsoft, their failure knows no bounds sometimes.

GFWL patches itself, not the game. Steam doesn't support that unfortunately...

Brashnir

Des0lar said:
GFWL patches itself, not the game. Steam doesn't support that unfortunately...

Can you patch GFWL outside the game? Or does the game still try to update again after doing it?

I got RF:G as part of the THQ pack last month but never installed it. I'll see if I can get it to work...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
as long as you're signed in, not necessarily online, you can play the game. log into your profile, but not into live. I'm not sure how I did it, but I didn't need to patch (I tried and failed to patch twice, the third time I booted up the game, I was already signed on to my tag).

I restarted Steam, fwiw. I don't know if that actually helped, though.

Chris R

I don't understand the hate Paradise gets. Sure it is repetitive and doesn't have a fun crash mode but it isn't trash either. The point to point racing is fun and so are the exploration portions.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Firebrand said:
If you mean Street Fighter IV, no, it hasn't been part of the daily deals yet. Waiting for that one myself.
I actually think it was.

Edit: You're right, there hasn't been a daily deal on SFIV. It's $30 since the sale started.

Javaman

NameGenerated said:
Is there a way to permanently deny the installing of Gamespy Comrade when launching BF2? I cancel it every time and everything is fine but each time I boot up the game it goes in to the first time setup and asks me again? Just a minor inconvenience.

In your steamapps\common\battlefield 2\redist folder move the Comrade installer into a directory called "Disable Comrade". It worked for me.

mandiller said:
That worked, but the link to download the patch didn't. Had to go hunt it down. Now the game is running super fast. Hurray for bugs! I need to do what now? Download a cheat trainer type thing that limits the speed?

Thanks devs.
Let me guess, you're running Windows 7? I've got the same problem and there's no solution for it yet. I'd advise against running hacks while connected to Live.

The speed bug pretty much ruins the game. Volitions support sucks ass.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Wallach said:
You need to kill that guy from behind. There's a weak spot on his back. Keep maneuvering around him and hit him there, otherwise he will waste you.
thanks man!

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
rhfb said:
I don't understand the hate Paradise gets. Sure it is repetitive and doesn't have a fun crash mode but it isn't trash either. The point to point racing is fun and so are the exploration portions.

On this board i've heard the opposite. I bought Burnout Paradise used but had to take it back within that week due to how terrible it was in comparison to Burnout 3.
My biggest gripe was if i was going on a race and felt i was going to lose or had already lost at any point in time in the race, i had to drive all the way back to the beginning of the race to start it over again...fuck that.

zombieshavebrains said:
On this board i've heard the opposite. I bought Burnout Paradise used but had to take it back within that week due to how terrible it was in comparison to Burnout 3.
My biggest gripe was if i was going on a race and felt i was going to lose or had already lost at any point in time in the race, i had to drive all the way back to the beginning of the race to start it over again...fuck that.
They patched in a 'retry' option.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
zombieshavebrains said:

The point is that when you lose the race, you shouldn't retry that exact race, you should cruise to one of the other four bajillion races you haven't tried and do one of those. Paradise is an open world for a reason--they want you mining every area for events.

Truespeed

NameGenerated said:
Is there a way to permanently deny the installing of Gamespy Comrade when launching BF2? I cancel it every time and everything is fine but each time I boot up the game it goes in to the first time setup and asks me again? Just a minor inconvenience.

I know, annoying isn't it. The solution is to install it once and then immediately uninstall it. You won't be prompted again.

kswiston

I still need 3 of the Fallout 3 DLC Packs. With the XBL sale today, all three would cost me $17 (Canadian) instead of the regular $34.

If Fallout 3: GOTY edition is on the steam daily deal list for $25 or less, I will double dip and switch to the PC version. If not, I guess I'll just get the DLC packs on 360.

epmode

Stumpokapow said:
The point is that when you lose the race, you shouldn't retry that exact race, you should cruise to one of the other four bajillion races you haven't tried and do one of those. Paradise is an open world for a reason--they want you mining every area for events.
And it's still a terrible idea. Thankfully they finally agreed and patched in the retry option. +1 sale because of it!

SyNapSe

Just got Torchlight for $4.99. I'd been wanting to play it but I've got a ton of games purchased that I haven't finished playing. I can't pass at that price though.

After hearing good things, and the timer approaching zero till the next sale, I just purchased Dragon Age. 20gb DL, yikes! Shit's going to take me a good hour and a half to complete it.

Still, pretty excited, as this seems like a good winter break game to get into.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Ninja Face said:
I bought all these amazing games but I can't stop playing Altitude :lol Anyone else got this?

Same with me. I have all of these games I need to be playing, but with the exception of Torchlight the only thing I am touching seems to be Altitude.

Spwn

Ninja Face said:
I bought all these amazing games but I can't stop playing Altitude :lol Anyone else got this?

Bought it when it was released on Steam. I love it and can't praise it enough.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
mandiller said:
That worked, but the link to download the patch didn't. Had to go hunt it down. Now the game is running super fast. Hurray for bugs! I need to do what now? Download a cheat trainer type thing that limits the speed?

Thanks devs.

Yup, it sucks. If you want to know the solution for that: Download the "Cheat Engine", while running the game select the rfg.exe, check the "Speedhack" box on the right and set it to 0.7. This get's you the normal game speed.

Top Bottom