• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Parham

Banned
Dambrosi said:
I don't know, it just goes by in a flash before restarting.

Everything else I bought via Steam works - even the notoriously buggy STALKER - but not Battlefield 2?! WTF?

Oh yeah, and Torchlight is awesome.

Go to Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery -> Settings -> System Failure -> Un-check "Automatically restart"

This will keep your computer from automatically restarting. Try playing the game again and see what error code it brings up. The error code will likely tell us what the problem is.

graywolf323

I'll probably grab Hearts of Iron III and maybe Zombie Driver

is the PopCap Collection worth it if you already own Heavy Weapon Deluxe, Peggle Deluxe and Plants vs. Zombies?

Brandon F said:
Dead Space have native 360 pad support?

it's not a GFW title so I'm guessing no?

DirtRiver

Day of Defeat and Dead Space for me.

I enjoyed DoD when I played a while back and I have been wanting to get it for some time so 2 euros seems a decent price.

Dead Space is one of those I will dip just for the sake of it. Don't usually like terror games but I have heard good praise for this one.

How the hell will I play all of these games...

Brandon F said:
It's not GFW Live, but you definitely need to play it on a pad. I found it really difficult to calibrate my aiming on the mouse mentally. It's playable just not that fun with mouse and keyboard. I would guess you can hook it up manually with xpadder or something.

Would appreciate some Zombie Driver impressions.

Spwn

A bit disappointed in today's deals. At least my money is safe. Already got Zombie Driver when it was released and it is a fun little game, althought very repeative. For the sale price I'd say you should buy it.

Akia

I bought 3 copies of Torchlight in the past week. One copy at $10 and two gift copies at $5. Even though it was discounted this week, they still got me for $20 original price.

I think Runic wins this round.

epmode

Brandon F said:
I'm pretty sure it's native, yes. I have to use a 360 pad emulator but that's only because I'm not using the regular drivers.

The game's nearly unplayable with a mouse so a pad is the way to go.

graywolf323

it should be noted that the Hearts of Iron III DLC is all on sale as well

$0.99
Hearts of Iron III: DLC - German Sprite Pack
$0.99
Hearts of Iron III: Soviet Pack DLC
$0.99
Hearts of Iron III: German Infantry Pack DLC
$0.99
Hearts of Iron III: Japanese Infantry Pack DLC
$1.24
Hearts of Iron III: Soviet Music Pack DLC
$0.99
Hearts of Iron III: US Pack DLC

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Nothing for me today too. I considered getting Day of Defeat, but I don't need any other Source multiplayer shooters with CS and TF2 on my games list.

Great deals on Dead Space (if you have a 360 pad) and the PopCap Collection, though.

Kabouter

graywolf323 said:
it should be noted that the Hearts of Iron III DLC is all on sale as well

$0.99
Hearts of Iron III: DLC - German Sprite Pack
$0.99
Hearts of Iron III: Soviet Pack DLC
$0.99
Hearts of Iron III: German Infantry Pack DLC
$0.99
Hearts of Iron III: Japanese Infantry Pack DLC
$1.24
Hearts of Iron III: Soviet Music Pack DLC
$0.99
Hearts of Iron III: US Pack DLC
It's also all unnecessary it should be said.

Jirotrom said:
hearts of iron doesnt come with all the expansions? are they necessary?
Hearts of Iron III has no expansions, only useless DLC that doesn't affect gameplay.

All I really want now is SF4 - but it has to be really cheap to make me double-dip with Super around the corner. I'll also bite on anything 'good' for a really cheap price (Like Lumines).

graywolf323

Jirotrom said:
hearts of iron doesnt come with all the expansions? are they necessary?

not expansions just DLC

it's not needed but just thought people who might be interested would like to know its cheap right now

Tim-E

claviertekky said:
Do many people still play Day of Defeat: Source?

Over 5,000 people are playing it right now, and I don't think that's heavily influenced by the Steam sell just yet because it only went up 20 minutes ago.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
claviertekky said:
Do many people still play Day of Defeat: Source?
Yeah, you shouldn't have too tough a time finding a game. DoD:S is a good pick up at this price, but it's been on sale for $5 like a year ago. Same goes for Dead Space, was only $15 during the pre-holiday sale. Today is a really boring day for the sale.
Zzoram said:
Weak sales today. Why is Dead Space going for $10 instead of $5? Didn't it come out at the same time as Mirror's Edge?
Because people actually want to play Dead Space.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I was thinking about buying Zombie Driver for a while, but looking upon it... I think I rather pay 5 USD on a good game I won't play (because I already finished it) and buy republic commando instead of paying 2,50 on a repetitive game I wont play (because I have too much shit already).

I'm picking up Zombie Driver today.

Speaking of zombies, I've been playing Zombie Shooter and its really fun. It gets repetitive after awhile but its one of those mindless games you play between other games. Totally worth the $1.24 I paid for it with this sale.

Big-E

Just finished Mirror's Edge and it was really nice and short. The $5 was worth it though I can see if I payed full price for it consoles I may have been disappointed.

Top Bottom