• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

No I do mean it worked fine. I didn't mean to imply that the only people that have problems with mouse aiming in Dead Space are having problems because of their pc configuration. I just meant that not everyone will have the issue.

I did have it the first time I installed the game and it was unplayable. I was able to fix it by forcing vsync through CCC. 2 Months later after reformatting my pc I didn't have the issue at all.

dani_dc

Vlodril said:
Why all of a sudden there is price parity in euroland? Is it Valve's doing or its on each individual publisher to price things?
There has been one for a good while now.
As far as I'm aware it's the publisher choice.

Jube3 said:
Torchlight didnt go that low until it became a daily deal though.
Why are you responding to him?

Also I can't fathom what somebody would do owning the Popcap collection. How would you come close to playing all those games?

Oozinator

Banned
epmode said:
Terrible port by all accounts. And yet it's still worth all of the trouble if you don't have access to the superior Xbox version.
I hope they put Beyond Good & Evil on Xbox Marketplace someday, or is all hope lost ?

Twig

Banned
Truespeed said:
I want to buy Dead Space, but I know it's going to be $5 tomorrow.
No it won't.

I can guarantee this is the lowest it will be for a long time.

I'm still holding out for Mass Effect for five bucks, though!

Vlodril said:
Why all of a sudden there is price parity in euroland? Is it Valve's doing or its on each individual publisher to price things?

Publishers set pricing, not Valve. Its always been this way, and always will be.

cory

Banned
DOD:S and Dead Space bought!
Now I'm pretty much only missing L4D, L4D2, and Half-life, as far as Valve games go.

RJT

I have 30€ to spend on the rest of the sales, and I Think I'll buy Dead Space. I'm sure I won't play it for a year, though... At 10€ I'm not sure I would buy, kudos to EA for being one of the best publishers for Europeans.

Firebrand

epmode said:
Terrible port by all accounts. And yet it's still worth all of the trouble if you don't have access to the superior Xbox version.

I already have the Xbox version, but thought I'd get it on Steam to play it again with better graphics... :/ Better to have wasted €2,50 than €5 though I guess, as I've been meaning to pick it up for a while.

cory

Banned
I was so disappointed with BG&E's widescreen situation. I got the controls to work with Xpadder, but I guess I'll have to play this in a window.

Stitch said:
is ghostbusters a good port?
I've played 2/3s through and it seems great to me. I'm using a wireless 360 controller & dongle.

I'm surprised that the ratings for the game are so low. It is really cool to have a game with most of the likenesses and voices of the original actors. Even down to Annie Potts and William Atherton (Dickless).

The Bill Murray sleazeball is annoying but Harold Ramis & Dan Akroyd geeks are funny.

The MT Framework 2.0 engine is really amazing with RE5. It's sad that Dead Rising 2 won't use it.

Plus mouse and keyboard control, and color mod makes me glad I waited to buy on PC. Shame about no DLC though.

Oh, and did anyone figure out how to get Indigo Prophecy in Widescreen? I read about needing to use a HEX editor, but I couldn't figure out exactly what they wanted me to do in it. It just messes up my desktop icons everytime I play in a lower resolution.

vehn

So does anyone have Windows 7 (64 bit) and can properly run Hearts of Iron 3? I can load the game up, but when I try to run any of the tutorials, it says "hoi3game.exe has stopped working."

Hope I can get this stuff working...

edit: nm I got it fixed, found a solution on the steam forums. Apparently the new patch broke all the tutorials and I had to download a user made one... Plus I had to register on the dev's forums to see the post and to do that I had to enter my freaking cd key so I could see the post itself. Getting to be a real pain to play this game! Better be worth it >.>

I'm in for pretty much everything today except Hearts of Iron. I just don't have time for a strategy game. And if I do, I'll play Company of Heroes that came with the THQ pack.

Druz

Is Hearts of Iron 3 playable online yet? Me and two friends bought the game at full price when it came out and regretted it big time.

Max

I am not Max
I wish Dawn of War 2 would have a daily deal for once. I'm scared that if I get it now it'll be a daily deal the day after I pay $20 for it :(

kswiston

Son of Godzilla said:
Also I can't fathom what somebody would do owning the Popcap collection. How would you come close to playing all those games?

My Wife wanted it, so we picked it up. Figure, at $50 it is the same as buying a single new game. I'm usually happy spending $50 on a game if I can get 20-25 hours out of it. The Popcap Collection is no different than buying something like Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. She may not beat (or even play) all 30 games, but as long as she gets a solid 25 hours out of all 30 combined, it was a good price. I'm sure I'll play a few of them as well.

Another way to look at it is this. Regular price for any of the Popcap games is $10. The Collection is basically buy 5 get 25 free.

zoku88

SuperEnemyCrab said:
I'll be getting Hearts of Iron, but I'm concerned about some of the posts saying it crashes on Win7 64bit.
I played it with Win 7 "fine"

I'm pretty sure the game crashes with an OS, though, after a long time of playing it. Paradox games seem to do that. There's autosave, though, so you're probably not losing a lot of information, tho.

zoku88 said:
I played it with Win 7 "fine"

I'm pretty sure the game crashes with an OS, though, after a long time of playing it. Paradox games seem to do that. There's autosave, though, so you're probably not losing a lot of information, tho.

Cool, good to hear that it will run at least. I can deal with having to save often for fear of a crash being a veteran of Bethesda games. :D

zoku88

Well, I assume the steam version will run. I only played the gamersgate version. Maybe you'd better ask ppl who got it on steam, just in case.

kswiston

Is anyone else going to be a lot more wary of Steam weekend deals from July to November next year? So many barely played games on my list are selling for half of what I paid for them in this sale and the Black Friday sale.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Man these "daily" deals have been boring, i have $90 worth of steam games i want to buy, but are holding off, just incase one of the games goes on sale.:lol
Might pick up DOD : S just to add to my valve collection.

Dennis

Banned
Buttonbasher said:
The MT Framework 2.0 engine is really amazing with RE5. It's sad that Dead Rising 2 won't use it.

Plus mouse and keyboard control, and color mod makes me glad I waited to buy on PC. Shame about no DLC though.

Oh, and did anyone figure out how to get Indigo Prophecy in Widescreen? I read about needing to use a HEX editor, but I couldn't figure out exactly what they wanted me to do in it. It just messes up my desktop icons everytime I play in a lower resolution.
Yes, RE5 is really great on the PC - plays and looks fantastic. Played it with the 360 controller and loved every moment.

It gets judged too harsly IMO, but that is what you get for being the follow-up game to RE4 - one of the best action games ever - I guess.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Stitch said:
Fantastic, though i haven;t played the console versions this is very worth it. I mean VERY worth it.

Also i'm gonna plug Cogs again, this is a fantastic little puzzler :D

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Re: Day of Defeat...how newb-friendly is it? Some older shooters are impossible to learn while people are sniping you from sports they know like the back of their hand.

cory

Banned
Cindres said:
Fantastic, though i haven;t played the console versions this is very worth it. I mean VERY worth it.

Also i'm gonna plug Cogs again, this is a fantastic little puzzler :D
Is it worth $5? I forgot to go back and get it on Christmas.

Xapati

WTF is up with Rome and Medieval II Total War. I cannot create a LAN battle no matter what I try, tried turning the Fire Wall off, tried connecting both PCs to a switch nothing works, I cannot find the other computer :( .

Llyranor

Druz said:
Is Hearts of Iron 3 playable online yet? Me and two friends bought the game at full price when it came out and regretted it big time.
The online works fine. A friend and me were playing it co-op and had no problems. I think you just need to make sure that every player who joins is 100% loaded before you load the save file.

We've put the game on hold for now, though, because the AI is pretty braindead. We were playing on hard as France and UK, and somehow Germany managed to not only fail to breach through our defenses, but actually lost ground to us.

Stitch

Gold Member
my download speed is really crappy right now. changed my download region several times already, highest i can get is 300 kb/s. i want to play ghostbusters :(

come on valve, fix your servers

Stitch said:

If you haven't got a 3ghz dual core or a modern triple/quad core, then don't bother, the CPU demands are too great. GPU requirements aren't anything to write home about. Be sure to use a 360 pad (which autoconfigures, icons and all) as the mouse aiming is borked. Its a great game otherwise, if only for the huge nostalgia trip.

Stitch said:
my download speed is really crappy right now. changed my download region several times already, highest i can get is 300 kb/s. i want to play ghostbusters :(

come on valve, fix your servers

Aussie servers are working well for me.

Top Bottom