• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

noisome07

Banned
Keyser Soze said:
I want to mess about a bit, so if anyone can guess two of today's five deals (just the game names, not the price), then I will gift you a game of your choice (under/around $20) on Steam.

1. Borderlands
2. Tropico
3. Need for Speed Shift
4. Machinarium
5. Crysis

vazel said:
Oh great now the next few pages is going to be this. Shoulda made a new thread.

Yeah, sorry about that. Did not think of that problem. I cannot make new threads though, so could not have done that :(

I guess it is okay for a one off as I am feeling generous.

Best of luck everyone :)

hamchan

I like how a lot of us (including myself) are just listing want we want to be on special instead of being realistic and guessing properly. :lol

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
hamchan said:
I like how a lot of us (including myself) are just listing want we want to be on special instead of being realistic and guessing properly. :lol

Actually, none of the games I picked would I buy. I just looked at what wasn't on sale and decided from there.

Zzoram

How the heck do you do anything in Indigo Prophecy? The mouse controls are garbage, I can't even mop the blood on the floor in the very first level.

Sipowicz

Banned
1. mass effect
2. resident evil 5
3. fallout 3 complete
4. gta 4
5. left 4 dead 1 or 2

honourable mentions go to

jesus crysis
strret fighter 4
Red Faction: Guerrilla
burnout paradise ultimate box
borderlands
mount and blade

sgnhh

Neo Member
Even though I'm way late on this guessing game, here are my 5 guesses.

1. Osmos
2. Red Faction: Guerrilla
3. Team Fortress 2
4. Company Heroes: Complete Pack
5. Overlord 2

Guessing game is fun game! (and these are definitely guessey guesses - no real deals, just my fake take!)

1.) Op. Flashpoint Dragon Rising
2.) Telltale Everything pack
3.) Anno 1404
4.) FUEL
5.) Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

poweld

Interesting to see how many people are listing Mass Effect, and want it. I'm one of them. Played it on 360 and lourved it, but sold it off to feed my habit.

Fingers crossed!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Guesses for Steam deals:

1.Audiosurf
2.Fallout 3: GOTY Edition
3.Trials 2
4.Indigo Prophecy
5.Railworks

Well, my brother picked up Borderlands awhile ago and I just found out it doesn't run well on his computer (1st gen. of the alum. iMac's). Guess that could possibly hinder me if it's a deal of the day now as we have the same.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
G_Berry said:
I predict that Mass Effect will sell a metric SHIT tonne.

$4.99 believe!
This would be epic, but the perfect promotion for ME 2.

DO IT EA.

Durante said:
Could it be that Borderlands has a problem with ATI cards? I ran at a perfect 60 fps on my GTX260, at 1920*1200.
Not saying that the port is particularly good though, the interface on PC really sucks.
Yeah, I think this is it. I remember seeing some benchmarks shortly after the game came out, and ATI cards were performing about half as well as their Nvidia counterparts. I'll see if I can find them again.

I have a 4850 and it ran like crap @1366x768 until I turned off dynamic shadows.

Edit: http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,698462/Borderlands-technics-test-Graphics-cards-benchmarks-with-Unreal-Engine-3-Geforces-ahead/Practice/
Not quite half, but still pretty bad compared to the Nvidia cards. A GTX 260 beats a 5870?

epmode

The Borderlands problems must be due to ATI cards. I have a 9800 GTX and it runs very well.

I just hate the port for other reasons is all. (consolized interface, keyboard scrolling, no server-side character storage, horrible matchmaking)

I need another massive RPG like I need a hole in my head, but I'll buy Risen if it has a good price. I'm kinda hoping it doesn't, for my time and wallet's sake. :lol I'm perfectly happy putting it off until well into next year.

Leatherface

Damn Steam and their holiday deals! My monies is flying away! lol

My guess (wants)

1. Borderlands
2. Lost Planet
3. Batman - Arkham Asylum
4. Street Fighter IV
5. Crysis

P.S.- Buying Torchlight was the best $5.00 I think I've ever spent!! :D

Killer

Banned
Keyser Soze said:
Yeah, sorry about that. Did not think of that problem. I cannot make new threads though, so could not have done that :(

I guess it is okay for a one off as I am feeling generous.

Best of luck everyone :)

sorry if that's bothers you, but can i gift the second runner up? i want to make GAF happy today :).

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
1. Borderlands
2. The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut
3. Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
4. Eidos Collector Pack
5. Prince of Persia (2008)

Top Bottom