• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

noisome07 said:
TODAY'S DEALS! :D :D :D

Prey
$2.25

Space Siege
$4.99

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
$7.49

Killing Floor
$4.99

The Orange Box
$14.99

Man, I wasn't even close on my guesses! FUCK!

Fuuuuuuck I had Burnout Paradise in my list originally! I would have won if I left it! :(

Burnout it completely horrible btw. Don't be fooled.

Edit: No one won? Do I qualify as best loser then as I have one game and did have two originally!? :D Go on!!

Killing Floor's a fun little game that's worth buying if you have any interest in that sort of thing. Even when you really suck, you can still make progress in your perks fairly easily. And the weapon variety and UI has improved significantly compared to when it first launched.

Macmanus

CabbageRed said:
Grabbing Burnout and Prey.

I got Space Siege some time back as a free pre-order bonus and found it completely un-enjoyable. :(

Quoting because that is what I'm buying and echoing the Space Siege sentiment. Everyone do yourself a favor and avoid Space Siege.

If you have an itch that can only be scratched with an isometric shooter you have superior options with Alien Shooter and Zombie Shooter. Both are better games and cost barely more than a dollar right now.

What the fuck? Prey isn't on Australian Steam. I tried searching for it a couple of days ago when I saw the 33% off 2K Games ad, and there is a picture of it, but only the demo is available for download. You can download the demo but you can't buy the full game. Today's sale only has four games on Australian Steam. What gives?

Ok, now I am up to:
The Witcher
Burnout Paradise
Killing Floor
Guild Wars GOTY
Defense Grid
Trials 2
Foreign Legion

This Steam sale is going to be the death of me.:D

Killing Floor is an instabuy. Buying Burnout Paradise ultimate as well, ultimate is already a decent deal for all the content it offers, but at $7.50 how can you turn it down?

edit: damn, saw you guys said it's shit on PC? guess it's just Killing floor then.

epmode

epmode said:
The PC version of Burnout doesn't have the island, does it? No sale if not.
Answering my own question here:

The PC version of Burout Paradise does NOT include Big Surf Island. The DLC was never released for PC. Thanks, EA/Criterion.

I already have most of the Orange Box . . . so if I buy it, can I gift away the parts I already have?

The copy I have (of Half-Life 2) is retail . . . can I unregister it and give away the discs?

Edit: answer . .

Extra copies are a special promotion for users who:

c.Own “Half-Life 2” and/or “Half-Life 2: Episode One” and then go on to purchase “The Orange Box” or the "Valve Complete Pack"
d.Own “Half-Life 2: Episode One” and then go on to purchase the "Half-Life 2: Episode Pack”

How many extra copies will I get when I purchase one of these games or packages?

You will receive one gift for each previously purchased version of “Half-Life 2” and “Half-Life 2: Episode One” in your Steam account. For example, if you already own both "Half-Life 2" and "Half-Life 2: Episode One", and you purchase The Orange Box, you will receive two free copies you can give to friends: one copy of each game.

Macmanus said:
If you have an itch that can only be scratched with an isometric shooter you have superior options with Alien Shooter and Zombie Shooter. Both are better games and cost barely more than a dollar right now.

Add Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds: Survivor to that as well. Go for the sequels if you get one of the "shooter" games.

I'm going to try the demo for Burnout Paradise before buying it. I have the 360 version and thought it was alright. I might get this version if the online community is of a decent size.

I'll buy Killing Floor, since I really loved the free weekend.

Top Bottom