• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

biocat said:
I love when people post stuff like this.
Care to explain why?

I don't understand the prety hate either. I liked it. I even had fun with the crazy multiplayer and also have the collector's edition with the pewter figures.

Brannon

I'm not buying any more g *burnout* ames....

I have more th *burnout* an enough to last me qui *paradise* te a while.

Crap!

Won

epmode said:
Answering my own question here:

The PC version of Burout Paradise does NOT include Big Surf Island. The DLC was never released for PC. Thanks, EA/Criterion.

:(

Nothing for me today then.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
This is what i hate the most about steam. I'd love to have Burnout on my Steam Catalog, but i already bought the boxed version of the game back when it came out.

And i JUST bought Battlefield 2 pack (just so i could have it on steam). I'm not willing to buy a game AGAIN just for the hell of it.

Dammit, they should just let me register my game for 2,50, 5, something. :D

Minsc

Gold Member
speculawyer said:
I already have most of the Orange Box . . . so if I buy it, can I gift away the parts I already have?

The copy I have (of Half-Life 2) is retail . . . can I unregister it and give away the discs?

I don't even know if the Orange Box @ $15 is that great a price, seems a bit high, surely it's been cheaper?

Why is Killing Floor getting so much love but it's metacritic score only a 71? I mean, what did all the reviews complain about?

From what I played of the Prey demo a while ago, it seemed pretty fun, is it a bad game (for $2)? It has a higher score than Killing Floor :lol

Leatherface said:
I have Halflife 2 already, but not the Orange Box. Decisions, decisions.
I'm in the same position . . . I think I'm going to go ahead. I don't have episode 2.

Do you have Team Fortress? That and Portal are DAMN good games.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Kind pissed I bought Killing Floor and Torchlight already >_>

Killing Floor at myself

And Torchlight at how it was the weekend deal last week. Blah

But then again, I already put in 10+ hours to KF since I bought it :lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Minsc said:
I don't even know if the Orange Box @ $15 is that great a price, seems a bit high, surely it's been cheaper?

Why is Killing Floor getting so much love but it's metacritic score only a 71? I mean, what did all the reviews complain about?

From what I played of the Prey demo a while ago, it seemed pretty fun, is it a bad game (for $2)? It has a higher score than Killing Floor :lol

Some people actually play games and their enjoyment doesn't hinge on review scores. Crazy, I know!

Caoz

Hey I got the orange box right. :lol That's one of the games that I wanted for sale so far they are putting all of the games on my wanted list for sale so expect SFIV to be on sale soon.

Sadly, Orange Box is $5 bucks too much. Already have portal and TF2 so I am really just waiting on a HL2 deal...

Relix said:
What is Killing Floor about? Sounds like a poor mans L4D
Killing Floor is a co-op game where you and up to five (on default servers) other players attempt to survive wave after wave of "experiments". After each wave, you have a minute to reach the trader and purchase weapons, armor, and ammo. Wash, rinse, repeat. You have 7 unique perks which grant you various bonuses to your base character capabilities. Each of these can be leveled up by performing the specified actions, even if you don't have that perk as your active perk at the moment.

JoeBoy101

Leatherface said:
I have Halflife 2 already, but not the Orange Box. Decisions, decisions.

If you have Half-Life 2 already, you have no good reason not to get the Orange Box except for poverty. It includes Episodes 1 and 2 (Or read Half-Life 3.1 and 3.2), Team Fortress 2, and Portal. That was an insane deal for $49.99 back when it was released.

Minsc said:

Its a solid B+ single player FPS. Definitely worth the $2 price. Its worth noting that retail copies can be registered on Steam.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Minsc said:

I played it on 360 and rather enjoyed it. It's a pretty standard FPS that lasts 8-ish hours, the portal-esque puzzles break things up nicely and there are some nifty setpiece moments within. Definately worth a look at $2 if you are in the mood to shoot some aliens.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Minsc said:
Why is Killing Floor getting so much love but it's metacritic score only a 71?

Welcome to PC gaming.

Killing Floor owns and has been supported extremely well by Tripwire.

vazel

Banned
Dammit the orange box being up there most likely means the hl2 episode pack isn't going to be standalone. I was afraid of this.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Big-E said:
Is Killing Floor noob friendly?
I'd say it is. The game isn't too complicated and people will help you out if you ask questions. So long as you're playing on one of the normal difficulty servers you should be fine.

Its a great game btw.

commish said:
Some people actually play games and their enjoyment doesn't hinge on review scores. Crazy, I know!

WTF? From reading his post he was wondering why the review scores were in the 70s yet it gets a lot of love here on GAF. Why the snark?

I'm with your sentiment, but I think you jumped the shark a bit.

speculawyer said:
I'm in the same position . . . I think I'm going to go ahead. I don't have episode 2.

Do you have Team Fortress? That and Portal are DAMN good games.
I went ahead and bought.

I'm pretty sure it works like this:

You DON'T get extra copies of Lost Coast (who cares?), Team Fortress, or Portal.

You DO get extra copies of HL2, episode 1, and episode 2.

ktulu

Neo Member
I'm thinking about orange box. though does anyone think there will be a deal on the valve complete pack? i'd be inclined to get that instead.

Killer said:
oh GAF no one got it right :(.

I did originally until I editted my post to change Burnout for C&C3 a little later. Feel like a bloody idiot now! :lol

Since I was the closest I think I deserve the prize, right!?? Go on.....Pretty please! :D

graywolf323

bought Burnout but already own Prey (from some 2k bundle pack, never would have bought it by itself), Killing Floor, and The Orange Box

no interest in Space Siege unless it comes free once again whenever Alpha Protocol can be pre-purchased again

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
And for people wondering about Killing Floor. Nothing at all like Left4Dead. If you can get over it being a bit rough on the edges. It is fantastic. It's not nearly as spam bullets like mad or you get over run by zombies. More of the, conserve, pull of shot shots, know when to use explosives, and always make sure you cover the side and can still move if you get over run. It's slower paced, but the variety of baddies make it a bit more deadly.

Might I add, Head shots, head shots, head shots. The game is extremely big on head shots. If you can't hit the head. You will suck. :lol

As I said, I'm still completely content with it for 10$(Still a bit pissy I didn't wait and saved an extra Lincoln)

Also. As Evilore said. The game is extremely well supported by the Dev. And has plenty of people playing. You really can not go wrong for 5$

crimsonheadGCN said:

You are a gentleman and a scholar, kind sir.

Wow, that's an awesomely short list, which makes me feel way better about buying things I'm interested in from this sale. Does this mean that Bioshock eventually got its DRM stripped out? And so regular STALKER doesn't have any, but the prequel does?

Also, I feel bad for anyone who ever decided to buy Age of Booty or Flock on Steam and got a big SecuROM-shape dump dropped on their doorstep as a result. :lol

poweld

Well, I'm buying a copy of Killing floor for myself and my friend. If we can have even one good night of play, it'll be worth it :)

Rur0ni

Guess I'm getting Killing Floor. :)

Was on the fence @ $10, then it became known you better not buy things not in the daily deals :lol.

Top Bottom