• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Spy

I bought The Orange Box and I have a Team Fortress 2 guest pass that expires on 1/27/2009 if anyone wants it.

eznark

Banned
I <3 Memes said:
So is Assassins Creed. But there is no reason to not wait and see if they find their way into the 24 hour deals for even less.
I got AC last year for $5 I think. But yeah, you're right. May as well wait til the last day. I'm hoping EU III complete pops up.

Delerat

Neo Member
poweld said:
Sorry, I knew I'd come off as an asshole, but I wasn't meaning to be. I'm just saying that since it was released on 360 and PS3 first, I'm assuming that the ancillary code to support the various PC features weren't actually implemented until afterward.

For example, I develop for three machines with similar architectures. I develop with one specifically to begin with, and then just make whatever minor changes need to be made for the other specific platforms as needed. 99% of the code remains the same. I call this "porting" my code over.

I'm not sure what else I would call it, really. Again, please don't take this for an inflammatory comment, I just get confused when people say something "isn't a port" when it seems likely that it is (not that it's a negative thing, necessarily!).
PS3. The Critereon guys have said it themselves that they prefer playing it on PS3.

Also, anyone else having trouble purchasing on Steam? My credit card got declined, then I had to re-enter the info, and now it won't accept any new payment methods.

Wallach

Yeah, I'll double-dip on BioShock to have Steam access.

Still pondering Killing Floor. Any guest passes floating around still?

Polk

Firestorm said:
Second time. It's amazing that a digital store can still sell out of an item. Holy crap. Now I need to be sure I'm early for these now? :(
What was the first time? Mount & Blade?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Orellio said:
There's a small gift hiding under the tree for you ;)

Wow. I am honestly, and truly surprised. I never expected someone to truly gift me the game. I really have no words, thanks a lot. Some could say "Hey it was only 5, and it's your fault for not living in the mainland!" or something like that, but what truly counts is the action.

Thanks a lot. A real lot. I don't forget the people who do this, heck I clearly remember AltogetherAndrews when he gifted me Half Life and Episode 1 like two years ago when Orange Box was released. Thanks to him I came back to PC gaming and discovered Steam. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have discovered it.

So, all in all, a huge thank you. I will find my way to repay you though =).

Fireblend

Banned
Yup, Bioshock not showing up for me, since it's apparently not available for my country (Costa Rica) >_< sucks. Prey wasn't showing either. Why can't Valve have some alternative extra-offer for us awesome people? D:

Oreoleo

Relix said:

Wow. I am honestly, and truly surprised. I never expected someone to truly gift me the game. I really have no words, thanks a lot. Some could say "Hey it was only 5, and it's your fault for not living in the mainland!" or something like that, but what truly counts is the action.

Thanks a lot. A real lot. I don't forget the people who do this, heck I clearly remember AltogetherAndrews when he gifted me Half Life and Episode 1 like two years ago when Orange Box was released. Thanks to him I came back to PC gaming and discovered Steam. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have discovered it.

So, all in all, a huge thank you. I will find my way to repay you though =).

Just enjoy the game :) GAF has given me plenty over the years. When you get the opportunity, pay it forward to someone else. And of course, you are welcome :)

Seagoon

Could someone please gift me Bioshock? I am in New Zealand and cannot buy this game, my steam id is goonbridge. Let me know what game you are after worth around the same value, and I'll gift you something back.

Fireblend

Banned
Fireblend said:
Yup, Bioshock not showing up for me, since it's apparently not available for my country (Costa Rica) >_< sucks. Prey wasn't showing either. Why can't Valve have some alternative extra-offer for us awesome people? D:
Fake edit: Welp, Azentium just gifted this to me. GAF is awesome, and this is really appreciated seeing how I've never played it. Awesome surprise christmas present :D Thanks a lot!

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I got Mass Effect for $10 from Steam back in November on a weekend sale.

For the first time in my life, I actually won my fantasy football league last night (after squeaking into the playoffs on a total points scored tiebreaker), and now I have a $300 windfall. I could become a 360 owner again for the first time since '07 (I do miss Halo multi and XBLA) or take advantage of these amazing Steam prices and be set for a loooong time with gaming.

Already got Day of Defeat and Hearts of Iron III for $10 yesterday. I could add:

Valve Complete Pack for $75
Eidos Collector's Pack for $50
PopCap Complete for $50
THQ Complete Pack for $75
id Super Pack for $35
Killing Floor for $5

For a total of $300.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Seagoon said:
Could someone please gift me Bioshock? I am in New Zealand and cannot buy this game, my steam id is goonbridge. Let me know what game you are after worth around the same value, and I'll gift you something back.

aight

Kerrinck

Kinda hard to ask this since I am still a junior but can someone please gift me Bioshock? It is not showing up for sale here in Brazil.
Will gift you back something of the same value or higher.
My steam id is Kerrick84.

Seagoon

Fireblend said:
Fake edit: Welp, Azentium just gifted this to me. GAF is awesome, and this is really appreciated seeing how I've never played it. Awesome surprise christmas present :D Thanks a lot!

Azentium just gifted me Bioshock as well - he didn't even want anything in return. Thanks a lot, really appreciated. :D

I have a spare copy of Half-Life 2 for anyone who doesn't yet have this great game (not many in this thread I imagine). Let me know if anyone wants it.

Minsc

Gold Member
Looks like Prey is done for, it's back on the front page again, but now with a "Sold Out" stamp over it.

SephriJ

Also I am annoyed that Prey sold out, I was at work. Damn it. How does digital distribution run out? Probably a stupid question, annoying.

commish

Seagoon said:

It seyz you already own it! (I'm tstarks)

SephriJ

Seagoon said:
Azentium just gifted me Bioshock as well - he didn't even want anything in return. Thanks a lot, really appreciated. :D

I have a spare copy of Half-Life 2 for anyone who doesn't yet have this great game (not many in this thread I imagine). Let me know if anyone wants it.

I would love it.

Steam name Uhlime

Minsc

Gold Member
SephriJ said:
Also I am annoyed that Prey sold out, I was at work. Damn it. How does digital distribution run out? Probably a stupid question, annoying.

If you think about it, it is pretty annoying, they should advertise it as limited quantity, it was sold out in ~3 hours!

Parham

Banned
Fireblend said:

Seagoon said:

You're welcome. :)

SephriJ

Minsc said:
If you think about it, it is pretty annoying, they should advertise it as limited quantity, it was sold out in ~3 hours!

Agreed. I read it this morning at work and got excited, then get home and nothing. SOLD OUT!! They should advertise.

Firestorm

Minsc said:
I don't think they expected anything like this to happen. Someone send them a key generator =p

Spy

I just bought Killing Floor after watching a YouTube video of it, I have two guest passes to give away if anyone wants to try it out.

commish

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Sweet, slow day for me. I only got burnout.

This may be a dumb question, but what do you use to play it with? I only have a 360 controller but was interested in the game.

Top Bottom