• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Minsc

Gold Member
Firestorm said:
I don't think they expected anything like this to happen. Someone send them a key generator =p

Yea, but just think of the dilemma it would cause!

Having "Limited Quantity" next to all the daily sales would cause people who aren't sure about purchasing a game to buy it, before it's gone! It would be really, really cruel and profitable!

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Re: Mass Effect. I don't know what DRM horrors the EA Store has, but it is selling direct download copies of Mass Effect for $9.95.

Smash88

Banned
Is is just me or was "The Horse Whisperer" achievement taken off the list from Torchlight. I can't find it anywhere.

EDIT: Okay that was weird I just got it upon exiting the game. I am confused. :lol

kamspy

So glad I got in on Prey. Never played the PC version.

id tech 4 runs so well now. I wonder why more companies didn't license it.

Guileless said:
Re: Mass Effect. I don't know what DRM horrors the EA Store has, but it is selling direct download copies of Mass Effect for $9.95.

I think EA's store has a limited amount of downloads and you can only re-download games for a certain amount of time. Either 18 months or 2 years.

But now I'm sure I'm right about Mass Effect going on sale for $10 on Steam. Too much for a game that has been out as long as ME has.

Minsc

Gold Member
So how do you find out your Steam ID anyway? Do you have to go to your profile page and register it by selecting a /id/enteridhere name, or is it pre-determined? My Steam account name (login) doesn't work.

kamspy

Captain Blood said:
Prey is sold out :lol . I didn't know that could happen.

*My imagination while making dinner after seeing that*

3DRealms guy: Holy shit we've sold thousands of copies of Prey in one day on Steam! Jack that price back up! People are still interested! Someone cook up a script for a sequel! Fire the Duke machines back up!

Public: Prey is back to $19.99? meh.......

3DRealms guy: :[

confused

Banned
Fuuuu @ Bioshock. Why does it have to happen while I'm out of the country?

Anyone willing to gift ? Will repay when I get back home

Smash88

Banned
kamspy said:

3DRealms guy: Holy shit we've sold thousands of copies of Prey in one day on Steam! Jack that price back up! People are still interested! Someone cook up a script for a sequel! Fire the Duke machines back up!

Hahahaha, the duke machines :lol :lol :lol

kamspy said:

:lol

Huggy

Selling The Witcher at 10 dollars can't be profitable with 14 gigabytes of download size.
I hope it's on my drive by the end of januari at its current rate...

Rur0ni

Borderlands currently in 4 pack form is $25 each. If the daily deal hits, I reckon it will drop lower. Should this occur, is anyone interested in 4 pack? :p

I've played Bioshock through 3 times with on the 360 . . . but for $5? Bought. :D

I like how it says "Thanks 2K!" on the Bioshock promo page that fires up when you start Steam.

capsule_231x87.jpg

:lol

nyong

Banned
DanDeschain said:
Thinking about getting The Witcher. Convince me GAF.

It's the best RPG I have played in recent memory, totally eclipsing Dragon-Age IMO. The graphics hold up quite well, and enhanced edition upgrades are just the icing on an already fucking delicious cake. It's seriously one of the best WRPGs ever made.

kamspy

DanDeschain said:
Thinking about getting The Witcher. Convince me GAF.

I'm playing it for the first time thanks to the Steam deal and it's an RPG like no other.

It runs with all settings on high, 1440x900 with 60-ish frame rate on my very modest machine and manages to look fantastic.

It's kinda like the STALKER of RPGs, brilliant, boundary pushing, insanely inspired, but with some warts.

Well worth the $13 if you play it as nothing more than a curiosity.

naib

speculawyer said:
I've played Bioshock through 3 times with on the 360 . . . but for $5? Bought. :D
I'm ashamed to say I never finished Bioshock on the 360, but I couldn't resist. Five bucks?!?
FSCK IT!

capsule_231x87.jpg

I lol'd. :lol

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I want to get the orange box just because I only have the 360 version, but then I realize hey I have the 360 version why do you need another copy....FFFFFUUUU I shouldnt spend the money, but I really want to.

damn you steam..damn you to hell :(

i cant do it...

Rur0ni

wenis said:
I want to get the orange box just because I only have the 360 version, but then I realize hey I have the 360 version why do you need another copy....FFFFFUUUU I shouldnt spend the money, but I really want to.

i cant do it...
There is only one true platform.

Nelo Ice

Banned
wenis said:

i cant do it...

team fortress 2 is actually updated constantly and for free that should be reason enough to get the orange box

Tokubetsu

wenis said:

i cant do it...

Valve games on any other platform besides PC is a lie.

Also, TF2 PC as of right now is absolutely nothing like the 360 version. It has a loot system now for christs sakes. Like 4 more modes and way more maps.

hamchan

wenis said:

i cant do it...
The 360 version is crap compared to the PC version, that's why.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Rur0ni said:
There is only one true platform.

Nelo Ice said:
team fortress 2 is actually updated constantly and for free that should be reason enough to get the orange box

Tokubetsu said:
Valve games on any other platform besides PC is a lie.

Also, TF2 PC as of right now is absolutely nothing like the 360 version. It has a loot system now for christs sakes. Like 4 more modes and way more maps.

hamchan said:
The 360 version is crap compared to the PC version, that's why.

oh goddammit you guys....

Bought.
my bank account will punish me later :lol
Now I need more friends on steam ;)

I actually have copies of HL2 and episode 1.
If anyone would like to have them and maybe gift me a game later that would be awesome. PM if interested :D

So many issues with bioshock on W7...

first off, windows mode gets the window stuck under the taskbar. second, the mouse seems to just stop randomly whether I'm playing at 1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720 windowed. grr.

commish said:
This may be a dumb question, but what do you use to play it with? I only have a 360 controller but was interested in the game.

I haven't played it yet but I was just going to use mouse and keyboard like other racing games but you can play however is more comfortable. Depending on how it feels I'll switch to my 360 controller from using it to play forza and stuff on my xbox.

Mr.City

wenis said:
oh goddammit you guys....

Bought.
my bank account will punish me later :lol
Now I need more friends on steam ;)

I actually have copies of HL2 and episode 1.
If anyone would like to have them and maybe gift me a game later that would be awesome. PM if interested :D

You can add me.

Lothars

DeadGzuz said:
Still waiting for a good sale on FO3 GOTY, they tricked me with that $17 price that they didn't honor :(

yeah me to even though I already own the FO3 on steam already, if the price drops to like 17 bucks or somethng I will buy it asap, I am also hoping Oblivion GOTY to drop further.

bengraven

Great deals.

Because it's another 24 hours I can go without buying anything else.

Best deal so far has been Mount & Blade, which is half off ($15) - if it goes down to $5 or even less, I'll be pulling my fucking hair out.

That said, M&B, heavily modded, is the second best game I've played all year.

Wallach

The sad part is that I could buy Fallout 3 GotY at the current price and still pay less than just buying the 4 fucking add-ons I'm missing for the game I already own! Fuck I hate DLC in this generation. I'm waiting to see if that price was an accidental pricing for a later daily deal.

Jackl

Killing Floor at 5 dollars is tempting me. A friend described to me it being like Quake like environments+ Modern Warfare customization meets Left 4 Dead gameplay. And that sounds pretty fucking cool.

Top Bottom