• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Finally one game that was on my purchase list is on sale. (Killing floor) bought.
Hope some other games i want go on sale next. I'm still hoping for the black friday L4D 1 sale to appear again...

Aaron said:
Do you enjoy racing games where you have to pause every minute to look at the map to be sure you don't miss a turn that would cause you to lose the race? Then Burnout Paradise is the game for you! Also, there is no crash mode, and you can't play split screen.
Yeah, I got tired of losing races because I didn't know where to go and I don't want to do them over and over again trying to memorize them & learn the map.

And BRING BACK CRASH MODE! That was my favorite thing in Burnout. Face it . . . if you want a racing game there are better ones. Burnout is all about crashing and knocking other cars off the road. :D

Stitch

Gold Member
killing floor is nice but why is there no fastswitch for weapons!? stupid weaponmenu is so damn annoying...

Psy-Phi

CrookedRain said:
Sweet, I was hoping there would be a deal on Killing Floor. Now give me a deal on Machinarium and Trine and I'm all set.
Uh...Trine had a deal already, it was like 7 dollars or 7.99 on the third day of the sale.

epmode

speculawyer said:
Face it . . . if you want a racing game there are better ones. Burnout is all about crashing and knocking other cars off the road. :D
I dunno, Burnout 2 is still one of my favorite racers around. Definitely one of the best of its generation. The takedown stuff didn't even happen til 3.

Volcynika

If you don't mind retail, Dreamfall GOTY (both games) is $6.95 on Amazon Link

Comes with both games and the soundtrack. I got it since I'm an Amazon Prime member and didnt know if they would ever go on sale on Steam.

Paulathon said:
The Longest Journey is 30% off on GOG.com.
Hmmm I will consider it. I am really looking for both games though.

Volcynika said:
If you don't mind retail, Dreamfall GOTY (both games) is $6.95 on Amazon Link

Comes with both games and the soundtrack. I got it since I'm an Amazon Prime member and didnt know if they would ever go on sale on Steam.
Unfortunately I stopped buying physical PC games. No more space in my house to store them.

I'm guessing they ran out of Prey keys or something because there's no button to add it to your cart anymore. I already had the game though anyway.

MoFuzz

CrookedRain said:
I'm guessing they ran out of Prey keys or something because there's no button to add it to your cart anymore. I already had the game though anyway.

Correct, and supposedly they're going to put up a replacement deal shortly...

Hoo-rah!

EDIT: Whoop, looks like it's Bioshock...which was already on sale....at the exact same price of $13.

Lame.

EDIT 2.0: Ahhh, now it's $5, better.

Volcynika

crimsonheadGCN said:
That was the price for Bioshock prior to today, so I don't think they actually added in the daily discount yet.

Edit: Bioshock is now $5.00

Sticker confused me! But yes people can get it now for a fiver.

I have a feeling Mass Effect is going to be $10 at least. That would be too much for me to double dip on a game that has been out as long as it has. And I suspect Crysis Maximum Edition will be $20 if we get a deal on Crysis at all. Since EA has been doing the 1-game-a-day thing for the 24 hour sale, does anyone have a good idea of how many newish blockbuster type games they have that have not been part of a 24 hour sale yet? The only game I can think of is NFS:Undercover.

Hopefully Assassins Creed and Far Cry 2 find their way to the daily deals

vanty

Is it possible for a Steam download to pause itself then when you unpause it goes from "Downloading: 85%" to currently "Updating: 1%"? I've just spend almost an entire day downloading GTA4, and if this motherfucker has just started downloading again from zero....

It is to 2% already though, so it seems to be progressing faster than before. So who knows wtf is going on.

Firestorm

Second time. It's amazing that a digital store can still sell out of an item. Holy crap. Now I need to be sure I'm early for these now? :(

vanty. said:
Is it possible for a Steam download to pause itself then when you unpause it goes from "Downloading: 85%" to currently "Updating: 1%"? I've just spend almost an entire day downloading GTA4, and if this motherfucker has just started downloading again from zero....

It's not restarting the whole download. The counter just restarted it self, so that 0% is equal to what you have left of the download.

Oreoleo

vanty. said:

It is to 2% already though, so it seems to be progressing faster than before. So who knows wtf is going on.

I think when that happens all the data you previously downloaded is saved on your HDD, and the 0% figure is actually 0% of that last 15% you have yet to download.

eznark said:
Far Cry 2 Fortune's is $9.99 right now
This is kinda OT, but I was looking through my Steam Community game list, and the FC2 Fortune's Pack DLC is listed underneath FC2 despite me never buying the Fortune's Pack. Guess they realized no one was going to pay for that shit on PC and decided to just throw it all together.

eznark

Banned
I <3 Memes said:
I have a feeling Mass Effect is going to be $10 at least. That would be too much for me to double dip on a game that has been out as long as it has. And I suspect Crysis Maximum Edition will be $20 if we get a deal on Crysis at all. Since EA has been doing the 1-game-a-day thing for the 24 hour sale, does anyone have a good idea of how many newish blockbuster type games they have that have not been part of a 24 hour sale yet? The only game I can think of is NFS:Undercover.

Hopefully Assassins Creed and Far Cry 2 find their way to the daily deals
Far Cry 2 Fortune's is $9.99 right now

vanty

Orellio said:
I think when that happens all the data you previously downloaded is saved on your HDD, and the 0% figure is actually 0% of that last 15% you have yet to download.
Yeah thanks that's what seems to be happening.

domlolz

Banned
All of you after Mass Effect on sale now know what you have to do, just look at what happened with Prey when it ran out of keys, now do that with every other game on sale at the moment and sooner or later you will get your Mass Effect for £5 or whatever as a replacement sale. Result.

Volcynika

domlolz said:
All of you after Mass Effect on sale now know what you have to do, just look at what happened with Prey when it ran out of keys, now do that with every other game on sale at the moment and sooner or later you will get your Mass Effect for £5 or whatever as a replacement sale. Result.

Valve's plan all along?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
crimsonheadGCN said:
Which country do you live in?

Puerto Rico... but I've never had any problem buying stuff from here. First time this has ever happened with Steam and me. In fact, in the past I could search for it and even add it to the cart (I tried to purchase it in the past but held myself back waiting for a deal like this).

Weird.... I couldn't see Prey either.

dani_dc

Damn, was planning to buy Prey, hopefully they still manage to get it back up today.
Not too much of a loss either way though.

Good price on Bioshock, shame I already have it from last year sale.

Top Bottom