• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

poweld

I remember renting Jade Empire back in college. Still scraping the taste off my tongue. No price would sell me on this.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Damn, still no Fallout, Risen, or Drakensang....sigh

That 24 hour ticking clock feels like an eternity again...

Nothing for me today. I already have Jade Empire on the xbox and picked up Home Coming a few weeks ago on 360 for $14.

Come on tomorrow!

Dambrosi

Banned
Silent Hill Homecoming
In Silent Hill Homecoming, Alex Shepherd has returned to his hometown of Shepherd's Glen to investigate the sudden disappearance of his brother.... more £7.50

Mr. Robot
Asimov is a lowly service mechanoid aboard the interstellar colony ship Eidolon. Carrying hundreds of frozen human colonists to a new world.... more £1.20

Stormrise
Lead from the front in the world's most immersive and first truly 3D RTS. Assume command on the frontlines of battle! Experience the rush of battle in ways no other real-time strategy game has ever offered.... more £3.74

King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame
Welcome to the lost age of chivalry, where magic and myth is alive, and you are destined to be one of the living legends: Arthur, the son of Uther Pendragon, the Once and Future King of the prophecies.... more £17.49

Jade Empire™: Special Edition
Step into the role of an aspiring martial-arts master and follow the path of the open palm or the closed fist. In this mult-award-winning action-RPG, your choices and actions will determine the fate of the entire Jade Empire.... more £2.25

Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
Company of Heroes®: Tales of Valor™ is the expansion to the Game of the Year winner and highest rated real time strategy franchise Company of Heroes®.... more £2.50

Ah good, nothing I'm interested in. My PayPal account can rest easy...for now.

Mr. Robot is pretty awesome. Definitely worth $2 IMO.

Jumping in on that King Arthur deal for sure.

Stormrise and to a much less extent Tales of Valor do sort of suck though. I paid more for the PC version of Jade Empire when it came out and got my money's worth, but that game has tons of haters so I'll just steer clear of saying anything more about that game, heh.

I CoH: Tales of Valor a good starting point for someone who has only played the demo of the original CoH? If I purchase it, then I don´t plan to play that much online, so balancing issues are not so important to me.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I grabbed Jade Empire since I am craving an RPG and my computer can't run Mass Effect or The Witcher without it looking like a slideshow.

Rur0ni

I think today qualifies as "okay". I could purchase 3 titles.

Wait. Silent Hill is a 64/100? Hrm.

I haven't picked up Tales of Valor yet. Probably purchasing.

Jade Empire, popular, yada yada... Cheap enough.

I thought Jade Empire was a fun game on the Xbox, but I've already finished it, so I don't know if I want to double-dip or not. I guess I could play through as an evil (fist) character...Anyway, if you haven't played it I would recommend it at that price for sure.

Mr. Robot looked interesting until I read the user reviews on metacritic which really turned me off.

Ultimatum

Banned
Banzaiaap said:
Oh come on dude.

Just because it isn't 2 dollar Fallout 3 or something crazy like that, it doesn't immediately mean that it all sucks?

I mean, think about how awesome this is. A 14 day sale!

Stop hating, start loving.
I want to start loving, but there's nothing on that list I really want to play :/

Guess I'll still get Company of Heroes: ToV and Jade Empires though

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Thank god, I dont feel compelled to buy anything today. Not this time Steam! You'll have to try harder to get me.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Also for those curious I recently finished Homecoming on 360 and it was merely ok. Has a few cool moments, but a lot of the typical SH backtracking and tedious combat(despite control upgrades). The bosses looked fabulous though and the story had its moments(despite being typical SH fare).

For $10 it's only really worth it if you adore the franchise, but it's a pretty average excerpt in the franchise.

poweld

HK-47 said:
Thank god, I dont feel compelled to buy anything today. Not this time Steam! You'll have to try harder to get me.
Same, and I'm a filthy Steam whore.

Already have ToV and Mr. Robot, but haven't tried either yet. Those are the only ones I'd have been interested in anyway.

Vorador

Banned
Bought three of the special offers (Mr Robot, Jade Empire SE and King Arthur RPwG). Now i've spent almost 100€ on Steam alone this Christmas :lol :'(

Vallarfax

Formerly 'GMUNYIFan'
So how was Silent Hill:Homecoming? I was thinking of getting this on console when it first came out, but a close friend that is CRAZY about the series told me not to bother.

Dennis

Banned
King Arthur is tempting but I have so many unplayed games and supposedly the end game is kinda borked, so probably I will pass...

Hmm... I need to play that King Arthur demo that I already downloaded but never got around to playing. $20 is very tempting, but not quite insta-buy territory given that I've only taken a cursory glance as to what kind of game it is up 'til now.

Volcynika said:
So much hating in this thread!
Seriously. Between the personal entitlement, and people that say things like "getting torch'd" this thread is full of hate.

It'd be like going into the grocery store and getting pissed that the corn is on sale, but the milk isn't. Well it'd be more like you have a coupon for milk, because a lot of the games are already discounted.

Keyser Soze said:
Not one winner. In fact not one right guess I think

:/

I was close with the Company of Heroes pack! :D

But yeah I think alot of it was wishful thinking on most peoples part, there's not alot of pattern to what's going up so it's surprisingly hard to guess especially with how much stuff there is on Steam.

Dennis

Banned
Fragamemnon said:
Mr. Robot is pretty awesome. Definitely worth $2 IMO.

Jumping in on that King Arthur deal for sure.

Stormrise and to a much less extent Tales of Valor do sort of suck though. I paid more for the PC version of Jade Empire when it came out and got my money's worth, but that game has tons of haters so I'll just steer clear of saying anything more about that game, heh.
Really? You give Empire: Total War a beating for being broken ever time you get the chance - but you will jump on this? :lol

Buttonbasher said:
Seriously. Between the personal entitlement, and people that say things like "getting torch'd" this thread is full of hate.

It'd be like going into the grocery store and getting pissed that the corn is on sale, but the milk isn't. Well it'd be more like you have a coupon for milk, because a lot of the games are already discounted.

Its 100x worse on the Steam official forums.

Man tommorrow I'm gonna find a bunch of garbage games to guess so I get a chance to win a free game :D . That is if we have the contest tommorow again!

Buttonbasher said:

I wold say its more like going into a grocery store and seeing a pile of rotting fruit on clearance. Sure its cheap, but why would you eat it.

PicardWTF.gif

Actually, it isn't that bad. CoH is very good, but I already have the CoH title.

Jade Empire is a highly rated Bioware RPG . . . but I'm not into RPGs.

Perhaps I'll get Mr.Robot for no other reason than it is $2.

Dambrosi said:
Silent Hill Homecoming
In Silent Hill Homecoming, Alex Shepherd has returned to his hometown of Shepherd's Glen to investigate the sudden disappearance of his brother.... more £7.50

Mr. Robot
Asimov is a lowly service mechanoid aboard the interstellar colony ship Eidolon. Carrying hundreds of frozen human colonists to a new world.... more £1.20

Stormrise
Lead from the front in the world's most immersive and first truly 3D RTS. Assume command on the frontlines of battle! Experience the rush of battle in ways no other real-time strategy game has ever offered.... more £3.74

King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame
Welcome to the lost age of chivalry, where magic and myth is alive, and you are destined to be one of the living legends: Arthur, the son of Uther Pendragon, the Once and Future King of the prophecies.... more £17.49

Jade Empire™: Special Edition
Step into the role of an aspiring martial-arts master and follow the path of the open palm or the closed fist. In this mult-award-winning action-RPG, your choices and actions will determine the fate of the entire Jade Empire.... more £2.25

Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
Company of Heroes®: Tales of Valor™ is the expansion to the Game of the Year winner and highest rated real time strategy franchise Company of Heroes®.... more £2.50

Ah good, nothing I'm interested in. My PayPal account can rest easy...for now.

Is CoH ToV really 2.50 pounds in the UK?

Top Bottom