• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

nny

1. and yet it moves
2. Mass Effect
3. Tales of Monkey Island
4. Assassin's Creed
5. Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition

Truespeed

TouchMyBox said:
Since we're posting our monthly bandwidth consumptions...

bandwidth.jpg

That's what I get for $20 a month over in Canada :O

Hmm, lemme guess. $20 shaw student promo under suspicious circumstances?

I think the formula is something like this.

1. One EA game
2. One collection
3. One obscure indiegame you wouldn´t have bought without this ridicously low price
4. One game you should already own.
5. A mediocre game that needs a sale.

Which gives the following:

1. Spore
2. Elder Scrolls Complete Pack (or whatever its called)
3. Altitude
4. Psychonauts
5. Railroads!

poweld

Truespeed said:
I noticed Civilization was missing from your list. You might want to patch that in.
I don't want to invalidate my entry, nor do I want to jinx any chance of it showing up as a deal. Some things are sacred.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
1. Borderlands
2. The Witcher
3. Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
4. The Last Remnant
5. Trine

hamchan

1. Civ 4 complete
2. Mount and Blade
3. Mass Effect
4. Vampire the Masquerade Bloodline
5. Dawn of War 2
Too awesome to be true :(

Saterium

1) Dreamfall pack
2) CnC3
3) CnC 3 Kanes Wrath
4) Fallout 3 GOTY
5) Elderscrolls Pack

Honorable mentions: Wolfenstein, DMC4 (just released, doubt it), SF4

Absu

faceless007 said:
Crash Time II looks pretty impressive, graphically at least, for $4. Anyone have any experience with it?

This one appeared in my Steam account out of the blue, along with that Nikpol game. I didn't get that far into the game (played about an hour) but the gameplay was fairly decent. Gameplay was basically a semi-open world with missions. The graphics actually impressed me a bit (I wasn't expecting much at all).

The really really bad part of the game is the voice acting. I have never heard voice acting this bad. Not bad good, just downright bad. As if the acting wasn't bad enough, you have to listen to the "actors" sexually degrade / harass / etc.. the female dispatcher. It's the first game I actually turned the volume off due to the voice acting and subject matter. It was actually embarrassing to listen to.

If you turn down the volume, it's a decent game and I got some enjoyment out of it. I'll get back to it one day. But I got it for free (guess they added it to an indie pack I bought on Steam and they retroactively added the game to my account).

Unless you bought all the other good $4 steam games or just want a semi-open world driving game, I'd steer clear. :D

poweld

Sidewinder said:
1. Trine
2. Dirt 2
3. Spore
4. Super Indie Games Collection Pack
5. Titan Quest Gold
That would be very interesting. Along with the THQ pack and Orange Box, this contends for the best deal I've ever gotten on Steam.

Dynoro

So what's the hopes
wishes
that the final day (Jan 3rd) will be 5 deal of the days that are each a collection eg

1.THQ pack
2.ID pack
3.Codemasters pack
4.Telltale pack
5.Valve pack

You know...just to bankrupt us into 2011

Keyser Soze said:
I know this may lead to a page or two of lists, which will annoy some, but I still cannot create a new thread, and no one won yesterday, so I'll bring this out again in here if no one minds.

If anyone can guess two of today's five deals (just the game names, not the price), then I will gift you a game of your choice (under/around $20) on Steam.

Just pick five games, like this:

...and if two are right you win!

If a few people guess right, then the first person to get two right wins. No multiple winners, or I will be poor.

Guess' stop a little less than two hours from now, ending 10 mins before the deal goes up (so, X:50 your local time).

1. Civ 4 Complete
2. Cryostasis
3. Mass Effect
4. ARMA II
5. Fallout 3

Sanjay

1.The Witcher
2.Empire: Total War
3.World in Conflict: Complete Edition
4.Men of War: Gold Edition
5.Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
1.The Longest Journey
2.Fallout 3: GOTY Edition
3.Trials 2
4.Devil May Cry 4
5.Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast

Yes I was also curious about Crash Time 3 after seeing it in the steam store. I checked out a youtube video of some gameplay and it was absolutely the worst voice acting I've ever heard in a game. The crash physics looked fantastic though. Would like to see the engine be put to good use in a better game.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
domlolz said:
How much cheaper can Audiosurf get?
I hadn't even checked up on it recently. I had no idea it was only $2.50, which is a ridiculously low price.

Where was everyone when Mass Effect was 5 dollars on Direct2Drive over Thanksgiving?

It's a fantastic port aside from the low resolution film grain filter.

Papa

Banned
Rez said:
be careful, though. if Steam can't connect to a GameArena server, it will search and find an Internode server or a 3fl server, and Bigpond doesn't cover that. The safest way is to download SteamWatch. It's a simple program you can turn on and off that prevents Steam from downloading from the incorrect servers. Set it so it only downloads off of GameArena.

It's really simple, but if that still is too much effort, just check for yourself. Double-click on a download, and when the progress bar comes up, make sure the logo under it says "GameArena".

Happy downloading! :D

Hmm... the download box says "Content hosting provided by:" followed by a blank rectangle.

=/

graywolf323

1. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
2. Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition
3. World in Conflict: Complete Edition
4. Mass Effect
5. GRID

Top Bottom