• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Volcynika

I'm amused it's gotten to the point of "Dammit Steam, I want to spend more money but you aren't giving me what I want! You suck!"

:lol

Won

Tales of Valor shows as 17.49€ on the main page, but is 8,74€ on the actual game's page.

Also no SH and Arthur here for me, which makes the list look soooo underwhelming today. :(

Lostconfused said:
I wold say its more like going into a grocery store and seeing a pile of rotting fruit on clearance. Sure its cheap, but why would you eat it.
I wouldn't be upset over rotting fruit. I just wouldn't buy it. I came here for milk anyway.

Rahk

G_Berry said:
no silent hill on Aussie store? fail
You can still buy it from the US or UK store. You'll need to change your country, state and post code at checkout though, so depends on how you feel about minor fraud. Or I guess you could have it gifted.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Volcynika said:
I'm amused it's gotten to the point of "Dammit Steam, I want to spend more money but you aren't giving me what I want! You suck!"

:lol

75% off the Eidos Game Pack nao! I demand it!

No way Bioware, not Jade Empire. Not even for this price. Yes, it is quite entertaining, and even more so for that price.

But the idea behind the game is the greatest ever, a martial arts RPG, and the execution of it should have been so much more than just okay.

No, I save my money. Seeing that game in my game list would just bring back memories of dissapointments and frustrations.

I might go fo Mr. Robot though.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I'm getting silent hill, jade empire, mr robot, and COH. Is there anything wrong with the PC version of silent hill before I buy it?

IIRC, the game is flat out broken unless you choose medium settings or somesuch. I'd tread carefully.

ksan

Question is if I should just skip Jade Empire like Bioshock or not, I do like Bioware though

edit: so much for not f5:ing

Minsc

Gold Member
Stormrise, that was the game that was touted as DX10 with no XP or DX9 support, yet it was on consoles! Nice to see it paid off for them, I always thought they were selling that concept of DX10 more than the game itself.

G_Berry

Banned
Rahk said:
You can still buy it from the US or UK store. You'll need to change your country, state and post code at checkout though, so depends on how you feel about minor fraud. Or I guess you could have it gifted.

You could create a us account and gift it to yourself no?

Sanjay

COH Tales of Valor adds some really fun new modes for people who are not so into the competitive nature of the game, they added a horde/survival mode called Stonewall.

From wiki
Stonewall: 4 players are the defenders of a small town, defending against 16 waves of attacks.

Thats the only mode I have tried out so far, it has loads of others modes too that I still have to try out.

Frankfurter said:
Is CoH ToV really 2.50 pounds in the UK?

YES, buy it!

In my Steam store (Switzerland) there's no Silent Hill and no King Arthur, and CoH is 17.50€, not that I'd buy either of those, it's just FYI ;)

If I'll get Trine and maybe The Witcher in a daily deal I'll be set for the next few months. I already bought Defense Grid (my first tower defense game and I really like it) and Torchlight, which seems to be awesome. Ah and maybe I'll buy the dirt cheap LucasArts adventure pack.

So there won't be any whining from me for this sale.

Edit: CoH dropped to 8.74€

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
Ultimatum said:
I want to start loving, but there's nothing on that list I really want to play :/

Guess I'll still get Company of Heroes: ToV and Jade Empires though

Poor darling.

No6

Lostconfused said:
I wold say its more like going into a grocery store and seeing a pile of rotting fruit on clearance. Sure its cheap, but why would you eat it.
What's wrong with you? Are you a creationist or something? These deals may not be "holy shit it's every game I ever wanted for a dollar and delivered by blowjob supermodel Santa Claus" but it's still a good-to-great deal on games that aren't garbage and will fill in the dead release periods.

Only the hope of goty fallout or some sort of super-pack of bethesda games keeps me from wishing that Gabe would just rig every day with the rotten fruit you so despise, you crybaby.

Spy

Did something go wrong with my purchase? I bought Mr. Robot and Jade Empire but in my recent transactions it shows...

$5.74
#youraccount_pending
Jade Empire, Mr. Robot
Purchased for this account
Dec 29, 2009

It's not showing up in my games list even though I can download and play it just fine. Is this just temporary?

tjohn86

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

rage

RedSwirl

Holy crap. Mass Effect is the only BioWare game I've ever played and I'm on track to get almost all of them now because of these deals.

How's Jade Empire? I don't find generic European-style fantasy very interesting but this take on Asian fantasy is something I've kinda wanted to see RPGs do. How far does this game take it? Is it it's own fantasy world or does BioWare pull straight from Chinese mythology?

bestami

I am waiting on eidos pack to get cheaper. If it doesn't, i'm gonna grab it at the last possible moment. I bought five titles on the last sale but the only thing i bought so far was red faction so i am a little disappointed by this sale.

DennisK4 said:
Really? You give Empire: Total War a beating for being broken ever time you get the chance - but you will jump on this? :lol

My problems with Empire:TW aren't really rooted in the core TW mechanics though, as I've (as you say, repeatedly) mentioned. It's in CA's unwillingness to fix longstanding series issues despite ample resources to do so and their own nutty victimization complex/whack justification for that unwillingness that really gets me. They really work hard to earn my scorn!

If this has dumb bad AI I'll trash it too. The reviews were good, the hands-on impressions from QT3 were good, and Neocore actually seems interested in fixing the things that are not working quite right in their game. If it is really bad, well, at least I'll not spend the money on the Paradox product they are now making.

RedSwirl said:
Holy crap. Mass Effect is the only BioWare game I've ever played and I'm on track to get almost all of them now because of these deals.

How's Jade Empire? I don't find generic European-style fantasy very interesting but this take on Asian fantasy is something I've kinda wanted to see RPGs do. How far does this game take it? Is it it's own fantasy world or does BioWare pull straight from Chinese mythology?

It has an amazing game world and art direction, but I found it very frustrating to play. It is a martial arts RPG, but in more than half of the battles there are enemies with long distances attacks that rapidly takes out your energy.

It is also very linear even for a Bioware RPG.

I consider it a missed opportunity.

Sanjay said:
YES, buy it!

I can't unfortunately ^^ I mean I can... but it's 7.50€ here in Germany (why is it 8.xx€ for some people btw.? *confused*) which is a bit pricy, atleast compared to the UK :/

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Will getting CoH:ToV on Steam just unlock what seems to have already been downloaded on my retail copy of CoH:Gold? I recall there being a larger than 1GB download a few months back, and it seemed to include all the ToV content, just didn't let me unlock it. I'd love to get it now if I don't actually have to download anything more.

To buy CoH:ToV or not buy CoH:ToV, that is the question.

I really have no interest in playing through an RTS right now, but the demo of the first CoH impressed me with great ideas for the genre and an impressive overall feel.

I here that it is quite short?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I am kinda interested in Mr. Robot but i hear one of the achievements is bugged and that puts me off somewhat, anyway it's only 2 dollars.

No6 said:
What's wrong with you? Are you a creationist or something? These deals may not be "holy shit it's every game I ever wanted for a dollar and delivered by blowjob supermodel Santa Claus" but it's still a good-to-great deal on games that aren't garbage and will fill in the dead release periods.

Only the hope of goty fallout or some sort of super-pack of bethesda games keeps me from wishing that Gabe would just rig every day with the rotten fruit you so despise, you crybaby.
Nothing is wrong with me, some of those games are garbage.

maeh2k

CecilRousso said:
To buy CoH:ToV or not buy CoH:ToV, that is the question.

I really have no interest in playing through an RTS right now, but the demo of the first CoH impressed me with great ideas for the genre and an impressive overall feel.

I here that it is quite short?

if it was only the demo that impressed you, I take it you haven't played CoH and Opposing Fronts yet?

You can get them both in Company of Heroes Gold on Steam for cheap at the moment (5 Euros)

I'd rather buy that than ToV

Spy

Spy said:
Did something go wrong with my purchase? I bought Mr. Robot and Jade Empire but in my recent transactions it shows...

$5.74
#youraccount_pending
Jade Empire, Mr. Robot
Purchased for this account
Dec 29, 2009

It's not showing up in my games list even though I can download and play it just fine. Is this just temporary?
Now I get this error when I try to purchase something.

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Top Bottom