• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

kamspy said:
So I just fucked off $4 for buying Jade Empire?

I didn't know Bioware could make bad games. :/ Always kinda figured the premise was too good to be true. Probably why I never got around to playing it earlier. Always meant to though....Guess now I can.

Jade Empire is a solid, average RPG. It's definitely worth $4. The only reason it gets so much hate is because Bioware made it.

Basileus777 said:
Jade Empire is a solid, average RPG. It's definitely worth $4. The only reason it gets so much hate is because Bioware made it.

I would argue that the only reason it gets love is because Bioware made it.

The combat is HORRIBLE. It really is nothing but pure mashing. The level design is boring, story is very blah. I saw no redeeming values at all.

But really enough about Jade. How is Silent hill homecoming on steam? Thinking about it if its good.

Truespeed said:
So, if I understand you correctly you want to be gifted Mr. Robot?

I love that it's just about crapping money onto every $2 thing on Steam now. Not that I haven't bought enough of them. :lol

I wasn't that impressed with the game, that's the key thing, and the irritating demo nagging pushed me over the edge into "forget it" territory. I also don't like that I broke the tutorial (the Zelda bot spun in place constantly once she got to the bot to repair and wouldn't move on) because I was standing in a spot that was reasonable for me to stand at, and I advanced the dialogue box while the NPC was stuck. Bad omen for a puzzle game.

Gexecutor: The movie's Better Off Dead, worth a watch. It's one of the classic 80's movies where it's just dumb and silly throughout, but entertainingly so.

Firehead

Jirotrom said:
how do i see how much money ive spent on my games?
At the top of the Steam Store page, there's a "your account" link, click that and scroll down a bit 'til you see the prices. You'll have to do the math yourself.
If it asks you for your Steam detail, you can just restart Steam (or just enter the details).

Kabouter

CecilRousso said:
A recommendation for everyone. Port Royale 2 is available for 1,99€, and it is a steal for that price. Its like Sid Meiers Pirates but with more strategy than minigames. It has a metacritic rating at 75.
Great game, but it doesn't work properly for me :(. Won't start at all.

biocat

Kabouter said:
Great game, but it doesn't work properly for me :(. Won't start at all.

If you really want the game, you could try the gog version. It's 5.99 right now which is not nearly as good, but entirely drm free and gog is a bit better about customer support.

datamage

If I've only beaten Silent Hill 2 (and loved it)- how would Homecoming fare?

(Played SH3- but only got like half way, enjoyed 2 much more.)

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
A thought, when you sign up, do you have a name you login with, and a username. The username being the one used here?

kinoki said:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ChetFaliszek/games

WTF?! How can anyone have this much money just to spend on crap games?! Surely a Valve employee.

Yes, Valve employees have a separate work account (if I am not mistaken) and every game is added to it. There are also press accounts for people in the journalism area of gaming who get the majority of games free. I am not sure if the games are removed if the individual leaves their job or what have you. Then there are the rest of us who have to pan handle our way to Steam E-Peen glory.

SephriJ

I am holding off today. I kind of want the Witcher, but want to see if it lowers in price anymore, I also would like to get Borderlands on PC, I have it on 360, but think it would be more fun on PC for me, but I want it lower also...I guess I will wait.

I'd love to see Cryostasis as a daily deal D:
And for anyone still wondering, Trials HD is different than 2. I find HD extremely better when it comes to physics.

kamspy said:
So I just fucked off $4 for buying Jade Empire?

I didn't know Bioware could make bad games. :/ Always kinda figured the premise was too good to be true. Probably why I never got around to playing it earlier. Always meant to though....Guess now I can.

It's fine. Not terrible, not great.

Smash88

Banned
Max said:
Went ahead and bought Dawn of War 2 for $20, murphy's law says it'll be a daily deal tomorrow

I'd laugh if it turns out to be on of those L4D1 sales, where it goes to $4.99 or something, just to piss you off. :lol

A bit disappointed by King Arthur's performance. It looks like there is no crossfire support, however, so hopefully things will improve (or I can fiddle around with different names for it's exe file).

And yes, if DoW II goes on sale, it is well worth the purchase even if you are only looking to play the SP campaign. It is far more meaty than what many in the community have suggested.

Pretty weak sales today imo

I'm hoping they go gangbusters on the last day and put all the one day deals up since I was too slow to buy Dead Space yesterday (or was it the day before?)

just bought
Darkstar One
$4.99

Jade Empire™: Special Edition
$3.75

Trine
$7.99

Peggle Complete
$11.24

Prince of Persia®: The Sands of Time
$4.99

Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
$6.69

Deus Ex: Invisible War
$6.69

Indigo Prophecy
$3.39

Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
$7.49

LucasArts Adventure Pack
$2.49

10+ games for the price of one. Steam fucking rocks

I may be the only person in the world who was actually hoping for a sale on Silent Hill: Homecoming. I played all the mainline games on PC (yes, even 1) but the high price on the Steam version plus some reports of glitches kept me away. I'll bite for $10, so I can play all the main SH games on PC.

(And ignore the Metacritic for it. All SH games did poorly critically, as the gameplay conventions of the series aren't for people expecting more mainstream games.)

So when does the steam sale actually end? Does it end at noon Eastern on the 3rd or does the last 24 hour sale begin at noon Eastern on the 3rd?

iam220

Dec 28
You now own Burnout Paradise.
You now own Killing Floor, Killing Floor SDK, Killing Floor Mod: Defence Alliance 2.

Dec 27

You now own Hearts of Iron III.
You now own Zombie Driver.

Dec 26
You now own King's Bounty: Armored Princess.
You now own Red Faction: Guerrilla .

Dec 23
You now own Dark Messiah Might and Magic Single Player, Dark Messiah Might and Magic Multi-Player.
You now own Titan Quest, Titan Quest: Immortal Throne.
You now own Unreal II: The Awakening, Unreal Tournament 3 Black, Unreal Tournament 2004, Unreal Tournament, Unreal Gold.
You now own Broken Sword III: The Sleeping Dragon.
You now own Heroes of Might and Magic 5.
You now own Trials 2 Second Edition.

Dec 22
You now own Grand Theft Auto IV.
You now own Men of War: Red Tide.
You now own World in Conflict, World in Conflict: Soviet Assault.
You now own Outrun2006 Coast 2 Coast.
You now own Empire: Total War, Empire: Total War.

Oh good god. I'm out of my freakin mind here!

Chris R

Anyone know if Tales of Valor would work if my version of CoH Gold isn't from Steam, but instead from D2D? I grabbed it when it was 5$ during the D2D sale, but it doesn't come with ToV.

edit: nevermind :lol totally missed the fact that the game is standalone.

Boonoo

Here are my stats. This is kinda fun!

Boonoo owns 148 games worth: $993.66 USD
Boonoo has had a Steam account since: April 21, 2007, or ~32 months
Boonoo has spent an average of $31.05 USD per month
What's Your Account Worth?

I only have HL1 and CS 1.6 for the first year or so; I've really been packing them in this past year, though.

I don't understand how this calculator works, though. Some of my games are in packs, and some aren't, and according to valve I have 166 games, though this says 148.

DryvBy

DennisK4 said:
Couldn't you have waited until the end of the Steam sale?

This. I still think $20 is too much for DOW2 right now, mainly because the originals are so darn fun! Been playing for years and I'm not bored of the originals yet.

Any impressions on ToV?

I played CoH and CoH:OF more than any other game out there until Dawn of War 2 came out. Really enjoyed CoH.... is ToV worth going back to for $7.50?

BTW I originally bought CoH and OF at retail, and lost the discs, so would be playing ToV stand alone.

graywolf323

Boonoo said:
Here are my stats. This is kinda fun!

I only have HL1 and CS 1.6 for the first year or so; I've really been packing them in this past year, though.

I don't understand how this calculator works, though. Some of my games are in packs, and some aren't, and according to valve I have 166 games, though this says 148.

I'm not sure how the Steam profile total game number is calculated

according to my profile I have 305 games yet if you count them up on my profile page (and ignore things like game editors, etc.) I have a lot less

the Steam Calculator(.com) says I have 252 games wile Digitally Disturbed Gamer's calculator has me pegged for 244

Surfheart said:
Looks really interesting. I'm tempted, wish it was a bit cheaper though.

I'm tempted too and if it had been 75% off ($9.99) like King's Bounty: Armored Princess was I would have caved but at $20 I'll hold off
for the record I've been a member of Steam since: November 1, 2003 and almost all my games were bought on sale (probably can count the total number of games not bought on sale on my two hands)

kpeezy

Banned
I'm not sure how this could be fun...

kpeezy owns 40 games worth: $309.79 USD
kpeezy has had a Steam account since: June 9, 2004, or ~67 months
kpeezy has spent an average of $4.62 USD per month
What's Your Account Worth?

edit: it's a little fun

I wonder why it shows my time logged in CS 1.6 as 70.8 hours on steam. I have thousands and thousands of hours in that game. Maybe because I just moved.

Top Bottom