• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Macmanus

DryvBy2 said:
Well, it was on there for PC a few days ago. But if you have a 360, its on there for $2.77 used.

+$3.99 shipping. And it isn't the special edition. And you have to wait for it to ship. And it's used.

Owzers

Jade Empire was a lot of fun but definitely not a classic or 9.9 worthy. It's a solid 8-ish game that for $3.75 is DEFINITELY worth trying.

A recommendation for everyone. Port Royale 2 is available for 1,99€, and it is a steal for that price. Its like Sid Meiers Pirates but with more strategy than minigames. It has a metacritic rating at 75.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
DryvBy2 said:
Well, specify next time. I also didn't just say for PC, now did I? So, technically I am right since used it's $2.77 on Amazon for Xbox. :D See how that works?
No. You're wrong.

Even if the Xbox version was free it still wouldn't make this a bad deal, because the Xbox version isn't the PC version.

DryvBy

Brazil said:
No. You're wrong.

Even if the Xbox version was free it still wouldn't make this a bad deal, because the Xbox version isn't the PC version.

Yes, it would still be a bad deal because Jade Empire is a piece of crap.

Macmanus

DryvBy2 said:
Yes, it would still be a bad deal because Jade Empire is a piece of crap.

Oh, snap!

azentium said:
How is the combat in Jade Empire?

Slightly above mediocre, but still enjoyable. The game itself is a solid game, but one of Bioware's weaker titles. At $3.75 it's an absolute steal.

Truespeed

Kulock said:
I tried the Mr. Robot demo, but the first time playing I screwed up an NPC in the intro by just standing in front of them. Not a big deal, but what really bothered me was how annoying the demo spam was. There was one screen overlaying the main menu and a warning about the 60 minute timer, a constant starburst in the top-right corner, a button on the PDA to buy the game, another splash screen part of the way through, then when I tried to exit after my first Virus battle (oh boy, RPG battles in an isometric puzzle platformer), it shoved up a page with "HI I'M THE DEVELOPER'S DOG BUY THE GAME," no thanks, ok, you're still making me step through several pages of screenshots about features of the game before you're letting me exit even now, and what looked like an ad for a different game?

I'm sure none of these things will bother me in the full game release, other than the NPC glitch and slightly sluggish controls, but that was an irritating demo that doesn't deserve to be rewarded, I'm sorry.

Ya, exiting that demo was a bitch. It was like the game within the game.

Minsc

Gold Member
Now I see why Fragamemnon wanted to avoid discussing Jade Empire, especially here.

There are days where there are multiple titles heavily discounted for the daily deal and people still come and say the day's worth of deals are crap, either because they have no interest in the genre, already own the game, or simply have bad taste.

Seeing people call the deals poor when the iD pack went on sale for like $18 was like a test in restraint!

kennah

bengraven said:
Touche. I do not deserve it!

(he brings up a good point - I don't need another game to play when I should be working 110% on losing weight)
Go do 10 push-ups then pm me your steamid/email address :lol

bengraven

Minsc said:
Now I see why Fragamemnon wanted to avoid discussing Jade Empire, especially here.

There are days where there are multiple titles heavily discounted for the daily deal and people still come and say the day's worth of deals are crap, either because they have no interest in the genre, already own the game, or simply have bad taste.

Seeing people call the deals poor when the iD pack went on sale for like $18 was like a test in restraint!

I agree. My god, you were getting each of those classic games for approx. $1 a piece. A DOLLAR. And every single one, even Doom 3, were classic games (I am in the minority who loves D3 and D3: RoE).

Parham

Banned
Macmanus said:
Slightly above mediocre, but still enjoyable. The game itself is a solid game, but one of Bioware's weaker titles. At $3.75 it's an absolute steal.
firehawk12 said:
It's passable. They tried to make an action game that didn't quite work out.

Alright, thanks.

bengraven

kennah said:
Go do 10 push-ups then pm me your steamid/email address :lol

HA! Can I do sit ups instead? I put my back out putting together my son's trike at Christmas and could use the stretching motion. :lol

How is Silent Hill? I've never played the series, but I've been wanting to for a while, and $10 seems like a good price. Or would I be better off looking for a better entry in the series?

I'm grabbing Mr. Robot for sure -- it looks pretty fun, and it's hard for me to pass up these $2 indie games.

Gexecuter said:
2 dollars.

Which they're not getting because their demo was too irritating. If I'm interested in trying your game enough to download the demo and play it, I don't need "BUY NOW BUY NOW BUY NOW" constantly in my face.

Please respond with just "2 dollars." again. It will be extremely clever and unexpected.

biocat

Kulock said:
Which they're not getting because their demo was too irritating. If I'm interested in trying your game enough to download the demo and play it, I don't need "BUY NOW BUY NOW BUY NOW" constantly in my face.

Please respond with just "2 dollars." again. It will be extremely clever and unexpected.

8 quarters. :D

Truespeed

Kulock said:

So, if I understand you correctly you want to be gifted Mr. Robot?

Does anyone know the differences between Trials HD on XBLA and the Trails 2: Special Edition on Steam? Would I be missing anything if I got trials 2 instead of HD?

Edit: Except the Level Editor (which I would not use), sound pretty much the same to me . . . except it costs 1/3 the price on Steam.

Edit2: Hmm . . . I guess they are different.

XBLA said:
Trials HD is a full-featured, physics-based motorcycle racing game with over 50 mind-boggling tracks in two unique game modes. Race Mode emphasizes balance, skill, and control as you tackle indoor obstacle tracks. Skill Mode features extreme stunt tracks in which explosions, crashes, and injuries cannot be avoided. A level editor enables players to create, share and download an unlimited number of free tracks. The game features stunning full HD graphics, rider customization, unlockable bikes, global rankings, all new in-game friend scores, and many other fun features. Can you handle the bruises and broken bones—and take part in a truly unique racing experience?

* Tons of tracks: Over 50 versatile tracks will test your racing and stunt riding skills.
* Level sharing: The level editor allows you to create your own levels and share them with other racers.
* Customization: Unlock new bikes as you ride, and make your rider your own.
* Leaderboards: Trials HD features a new type of in-game friend scores and global rankings

Steam said:
About the Game

RedLynx Trials 2 Second Edition is a spectacular motorcycle game featuring stunning graphics and addictive gameplay!

* 4 game types (race, flip, wheelie, dynamic)
Race: Race against other players to compete levels as fast as possible
Flip: Try to make as many backflips or frontflips with your bike
Wheelie: Drive on your backwheel for longest distance possible
Dynamic: Navigate through tracks with various dynamic obstacles and puzzles
* Over 51 tracks to play
* Global highscores
* Ghost challenge. Play against the ghost of any other player in high score list
* Online player profiles with team, country and player statistics
* 25 achievements to unlock

cms382 said:
I need more categories than Favorites and Installed.
Well . . . there is also 'uninstalled'. But yeah, I was just thinking that. I wish you could create more categories like 'shit' and 'completed'.

DryvBy

cms382 said:
I need more categories than Favorites and Installed.

I want genre catagories. My list is just too big. I usually use favorites for "Games I actually want to play through". The other 80% is just stuff that was a good deal that I'll eventually get around to, lol.

speculawyer said:
Does anyone know the differences between Trials HD on XBLA and the Trails 2: Special Edition on Steam? Would I be missing anything if I got trials 2 instead of HD?

Trials HD is like Trials 3. It has different levels (more of them also I think), better graphics, more advanced parts for the tracks, etc.

Get Trials HD if you have a XBOX, otherwise get Trials 2 since its still great fun for that price.

speculawyer said:

Edit: Sound pretty much the same to me . . . except it costs 1/3 the price on Steam.

Trials HD is basically Trials 3.

speculawyer said:
Well . . . there is also 'uninstalled'. But yeah, I was just thinking that. I wish you could create more categories like 'shit' and 'completed'.
Custom categories would be great, I would stick my games under Racing and RPG etc.

Diablohead said:
Custom categories would be great, I would stick my games under Racing and RPG etc.

After the Steam sales, the users now demand a categorization feature . . . because they bought so damn many games! :D

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Kulock said:

I am just saying that if the price of entry is so low things like an annoying demo shouldn't prevent you from buying the game if you liked it.
Also that movie looks pretty good, never heard of it.

2 dollars

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
DoctorWho said:
Grrr... Killing Floor won't start for me. Screen keeps flashing and then I have to do a force quit. Running Windows 7 64bit.
Works for me in win7 64bit.

Gexecuter said:
2 dollars

Serious now . .

johnny05.jpg

Zzoram

Volcynika said:
In before Zzoram raging about no Mass Effect again

:p

Oh I'm feeling the rage. I'm buying Jade Empire though, since it's the only Bioware RPG that I've never tried (other than Sonic RPG DS).

KiKaL

rohlfinator said:
How is Silent Hill? I've never played the series, but I've been wanting to for a while, and $10 seems like a good price. Or would I be better off looking for a better entry in the series?

I'm grabbing Mr. Robot for sure -- it looks pretty fun, and it's hard for me to pass up these $2 indie games.

I think its a good deal at $10. It's not the best of the series but I still enjoyed it. I felt overall it was a pretty solid game and would be worth $10. Just go into it knowing it's a pretty good game that does have flaws and you should enjoy it.

kamspy

So I just fucked off $4 for buying Jade Empire?

I didn't know Bioware could make bad games. :/ Always kinda figured the premise was too good to be true. Probably why I never got around to playing it earlier. Always meant to though....Guess now I can.

Top Bottom