• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Leatherface

Damn.. I just played the demo of Peggle and loved it. I've been avoiding this one for so long because it "looked" generic and lame. I guess that's what I get for having game prejudice lol.

Was this already in a daily deal? I kinda want it now, but feel like I can get it for $5 if I hold out. :D

puebla

just wanted to say that i'm up to chapter 3 on Dead Space and the controls are fine. also, it's a pretty good game so far.

Its interesting that the sale on Tales of Valor has pushed COH: Gold onto the best sellers chart, Relic have got to be happy with that.

Despite already having a daily deal, Torchlight is holding strong at #8, it doesn't look as though the previous sale has slowed its sales at all.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Druz said:
I think I want the Void, I bet I missed a sale on it though. Shiiit.

What are you talking about? The void hasn't been part of a daily deal yet otherwise i would have got it right away, there's still time but if it doesn't get an extra discount i will get it for 10.

For anyone who is having Jade Empire crash on them when it tries to launch configuration, there's a simple fix that doesn't involve renaming the executables.

Just create a blank file in notepad, save it as SystemInformation.xml, and put it in steamapps\common\jade empire\data.

Tokubetsu said:
Jade Empire is tempting me. Greatly.

For $3.75 and bonus content? It's beckoning!

*Jade Empire bought*

Seriously, fucking amazing deals these past few days. I've bought like 10 games and haven't even hit $30 yet. Steam is just a blissful Eden.

I'd really like to bite on the Eidos Bundle deal - Having Arkham Asylum included is worth the $50 alone, plus you get a lot of great Eidos gems. I just don't have the flow to do so right
now, especially with the [poor] decision to buy the ME2 CE.

I still can't believe I've been a steam member for almost 6 years...

Man I cant decide if I should buy the Eidos pack or not, I already played and beat batman on 360, but there some other intriguing games on that list.

Volcynika

Draft said:
Bought it, haven't tried it.

I mean, $10.

I got it and have it on high settings and nothing crazy has happened or anything. Though figuring out how to set up my controller for it is a pain in the ass. So much to figure out! I always forget where I put certain actions.

Draft said:
Bought it, haven't tried it.

I mean, $10.

Ya, Brain Stew has me worried about it having really bad performance though. If it runs at least acceptable I'll buy it.

Volcynika said:
I got it and have it on high settings and nothing crazy has happened or anything. Though figuring out how to set up my controller for it is a pain in the ass. So much to figure out! I always forget where I put certain actions.

Good enough for me, I'll buy it now. Thanks!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Just got through about an hour game with Arthur.

It's like Total War, but more RPG-like.

Hmmm...I guess 20 dollars for it is alright since I wasted 49.99 on Empire: Total War.

There isn't as much micromanagement as the Total War games (which is a blessing because I don't like sitting there waiting for the fucking CPU to move), and the battles seem alright.

:'( To think there are a few days with deals...

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Ya, Brain Stew has me worried about it having really bad performance though. If it runs at least acceptable I'll buy it.

It ran fine for me back near when it came out, no real performance problems (solid 30 FPS at least, think it might be locked at that). I had to jack up the mouse sensitivity to max to make it "feel" right personally. It deffinately is a quick dirty port, but its playable, and i would say worth it at that price.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:

Good enough for me, I'll buy it now. Thanks!

Was going to say, I have it for PC and it runs stellar on my laptop. No real glaring issues for me surprisingly. Very limited graphics tweaks though :/ For $10 it's a definite purchase I'd say.

My question from the King Arthur thread - any comments are appreciated:

HamPster PamPster said:
The giantbomb quick look said you could auto resolve the battles - anyone play like this?

Could you play this (and still have fun) basically as a King Arthur version of Civ?

I don't enjoy RTSs but I love King Arthur and the Civilization series...

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
You own 66 games worth: $527.81 USD
# Member Since: November 19, 2004
# Member for: ~62 months
# $8.51 USD per month

By my own calculation, I have only spent $335 on games. Those weekend deal savings add up in the long run. :eek:

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Brazil said:
It has an awful interface, awful controls, awful everything.

It's $2, though, so, well, you decide.

Damn that sounds bad, even tough it's 2 dollars it's 2 dollars that i could use in something better, i am gonna try the demo to decide for myself.

Username: Jet Grind Radio!
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:17710888
Profile ID: 76561197995687505
Custom URL:
Member for: ~23 months
$9.80 USD per month
Set Region: US, UK, EU, AU

You own 25 games worth: $225.48 USD - What does this number mean?

I thought I'd have a lot more.

Doomslayer said:
I only had around 20 games before this sale.
I only opened by Steam account in October.

Now when I click on my Control Panel thingy, it says "View all 180 games". Now I know some of those are game editors and SDKs. But I sure got a lot of games fast by buying the THQ complete pack, Eidos collection, Super id pack, PopCap games complete (which it isn't), Telltale complete, Orange Box, etc.

Those 'complete' packs are hard to resist. For less than the cost of a single new HD console game, you get a big pile of games. Yeah, many are old. But there are generally a couple recent games and many very good older games.

But the scary thing is that I now have these games every where I go since I can play them on the laptop.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Wow, Defense Grid is excellent. If it goes back on sale for $2.50 at some point, you'd be stupid not to get it. Somehow I looked at my stats and I've already put almost 7 hours into the game, and I've just been playing a little here and little there. It's the best Tower Defense game I've played, and $2.50 is just a ridiculous price for it. It's 7.50 now, which is still a great price, but if it goes back down and you were on the fence, you should take the plunge.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I guess my question must have gotten pushed off too quickly earlier, but since I just bought the game I'll ask again. I purchased CoH:ToV, but I already owned the retail CoH Gold package. It seems that Steam doesn't recognize that at the moment, and instead just has a placeholder CoH in my list now that I'd have to purchase separately. In CoH, it had a place where I should have been able to enter a CD-Key from Steam or D2D, but as yet I've seen nothing that would give me such a key. Anyone know what I'm supposed to do?

Lothars

DarthWoo said:
I guess my question must have gotten pushed off too quickly earlier, but since I just bought the game I'll ask again. I purchased CoH:ToV, but I already owned the retail CoH Gold package. It seems that Steam doesn't recognize that at the moment, and instead just has a placeholder CoH in my list now that I'd have to purchase separately. In CoH, it had a place where I should have been able to enter a CD-Key from Steam or D2D, but as yet I've seen nothing that would give me such a key. Anyone know what I'm supposed to do?

Once you install Tales of Valor run it than it will ask for your username and password for relic online

you can than register your cd key's if you haven't already and the game will automatically unlock the content for you basically if you have cd key's on all 3 games than all content will be unlocked even though you have only the one game on steam.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
So did anyone bite the bullet and buy silent hill and try it?
I bought it. On full blown high settings it does not really look that spectacular so far. For some reason the texture of the main character's jacket looks a little blury. Also the button situation for a controller is a little weird, it shows a colored number button when you have to press something. It throws you a little off if you have a Xbox360 PC controller because the color show on the screen does not match up with the color of the button on the control. I've beaten it on the 360 and sold it so I would have to say it was definitely not worth the $60 I spent on it, but it is definitely worth it for $10.

Top Bottom