• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Smash88

Banned
iam220 said:
Dec 28
You now own Burnout Paradise.
You now own Killing Floor, Killing Floor SDK, Killing Floor Mod: Defence Alliance 2.

Dec 27

You now own Hearts of Iron III.
You now own Zombie Driver.

Dec 26
You now own King's Bounty: Armored Princess.
You now own Red Faction: Guerrilla .

Dec 23
You now own Dark Messiah Might and Magic Single Player, Dark Messiah Might and Magic Multi-Player.
You now own Titan Quest, Titan Quest: Immortal Throne.
You now own Unreal II: The Awakening, Unreal Tournament 3 Black, Unreal Tournament 2004, Unreal Tournament, Unreal Gold.
You now own Broken Sword III: The Sleeping Dragon.
You now own Heroes of Might and Magic 5.
You now own Trials 2 Second Edition.

Dec 22
You now own Grand Theft Auto IV.
You now own Men of War: Red Tide.
You now own World in Conflict, World in Conflict: Soviet Assault.
You now own Outrun2006 Coast 2 Coast.
You now own Empire: Total War, Empire: Total War.

Oh good god. I'm out of my freakin mind here!

The bolded are some of the best things you could've gotten on these daily deals. I hope you enjoy them, especially Killing Floor, an awesome game that cannot be hailed enough.

Although I don't think World in Conflict was a daily deal...but nonetheless great game.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Smash88 said:
The bolded are some of the best things you could've gotten on these daily deals. I hope you enjoy them, especially Killing Floor, an awesome game that cannot be hailed enough.

Although I don't think World in Conflict was a daily deal...but nonetheless great game.
It's a pretty good deal. WiC and Soviet Assault were selling for $20 a piece not too long ago.

If C&C4 is any indication, World in Conflict represents the future of RTS gaming. If you're an RTS fan and you don't have it yet I suggest you buy it now.

speculawyer said:
I bet I'm the only one that keeps thinking of an Apple ][ game when I hear "Mr. Robot"
I spent a stupid amount of time making levels in the C64 version of that back in the day.

KiKaL said:
I think its a good deal at $10. It's not the best of the series but I still enjoyed it. I felt overall it was a pretty solid game and would be worth $10. Just go into it knowing it's a pretty good game that does have flaws and you should enjoy it.
Cool, thanks. I ended up buying it before I read your reply (Anthony Gallegos did the 1UP review and liked it pretty well), but it's good to have more confirmation that it was money well spent. :D

Oozinator

Banned
iam220 said:
Dec 28
You now own Burnout Paradise.
You now own Killing Floor, Killing Floor SDK, Killing Floor Mod: Defence Alliance 2.

Dec 27

You now own Hearts of Iron III.
You now own Zombie Driver.

Dec 26
You now own King's Bounty: Armored Princess.
You now own Red Faction: Guerrilla .

Dec 23
You now own Dark Messiah Might and Magic Single Player, Dark Messiah Might and Magic Multi-Player.
You now own Titan Quest, Titan Quest: Immortal Throne.
You now own Unreal II: The Awakening, Unreal Tournament 3 Black, Unreal Tournament 2004, Unreal Tournament, Unreal Gold.
You now own Broken Sword III: The Sleeping Dragon.
You now own Heroes of Might and Magic 5.
You now own Trials 2 Second Edition.

Dec 22
You now own Grand Theft Auto IV.
You now own Men of War: Red Tide.
You now own World in Conflict, World in Conflict: Soviet Assault.
You now own Outrun2006 Coast 2 Coast.
You now own Empire: Total War, Empire: Total War.

Oh good god. I'm out of my freakin mind here!

How much time will you need to complete all these games ?

Doytch

Man, so glad AP went on sale and I got it. I have no idea what any of the story is, I madly click through quest dialogue not reading any of it, I know it's gonna get onerous somewhere around the 25-30 hr mark, but dammit I'm having a great time just like I did with the first one. Such fantastic gameplay.

Dunlop

Nothing I want today, I think the funniest outcome for me so far is that I stopped playing Dragon Age when I am like 80% done to play Torchlight.

That game is fucking awesome

nyong

Banned
Killing Floor is pretty dang awesome. Best $5 I've spent in a long time. Easily worth $10 for that matter. If anyone has yet to try it I have a couple guest passes. PM your email or Steam ID.

bengraven

You own 22 games worth: $139.94 USD

1 Braid $2.49 USD $2.49 USD
2 Freedom Force $3.34 USD $5.83 USD
3 Gothic® 3 $7.49 USD $13.32 USD
4 Half-Life 1 Anthology
Team Fortress Classic
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life
Half-Life: Blue Shift $11.24 USD $24.56 USD
5 Half-Life 2 $14.99 USD $39.55 USD
6 Half-Life 2: Episode One $7.49 USD $47.04 USD
7 Left 4 Dead $22.49 USD $69.53 USD
8 Lucidity™ $4.99 USD $74.52 USD
9 Mirror's Edge™ $19.99 USD $94.51 USD
10 Mount and Blade $14.99 USD $109.50 USD
11 Oddworld Pack
Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus®
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee®
$2.49 USD $111.99 USD
12 Overlord™ $2.99 USD $114.98 USD
13 The Bard's Tale $7.49 USD $122.47 USD
14 The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special Edition $4.99 USD $127.46 USD
15 Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Double Pack $2.49 USD $129.95 USD
16 Titan Quest Gold
Titan Quest
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne
$9.99 USD $139.94 USD

Zozobra

I've still got an old save file from a boxed copy of Jade Empire SE I had a long time ago, will I be able to copy that over and play it on the Steam version?

I'm waiting for a sale on Crysis Maximum Edition. I know it was on sale at $30 earlier this month, but it would be nice to have a real sale on it.

IMACOMPUTA

I'm also wondering if Company of Heroes : ToV is any good.

I'm trying to decide between that and the original+expansion for double the price.
Anyone have an opinion on this?

Lkr

if anybody picked up The Orange Box or Valve Complete Pack, and has an extra copy of HL2 they are willing to gift away, please PM me. One of my friends who is trying to get into PC gaming would appreciate it.

Max

I am not Max
IMACOMPUTA said:
I'm also wondering if Company of Heroes : ToV is any good.

I'm trying to decide between that and the original+expansion for double the price.
Anyone have an opinion on this?
I've read that the newest expansion isn't that great, and it unbalances things.

Personally i'd go with the Gold pack if I didn't already buy DoW2

Haven't played ToV, looking for impressions on that as well...

But as to CoH: Gold, my favorite RTS, period. An absolutely fantastic game on the MP side, and a good single player campaign as well.

sgnhh

Neo Member
Anyone who already owns Borderlands, can you comment on the usability of co-op? It seems like there are major problems that have yet to be worked out.

Firehead

sgnhh said:
Anyone who already owns Borderlands, can you comment on the usability of co-op? It seems like there are major problems that have yet to be worked out.
As long as you forward the proper ports, you'll be okay.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
20091230-fhj8mqki6uxwpi1mihb8br12xt.png

20091230-cmk92g15r3d5gusacx9n4grucb.png

:lol

Drewsky

sgnhh said:

Yeah it's a little iffy, but if you figure out a system you should be okay. Whenever I want to play coop I have to sign directly into the game and then start a server, or it won't work. As long as I do it at startup of the game it seems to work okay, anytime after and it won't join any games.

It's pretty annoying but the game is really fun when you get it working.

sgnhh said:

Gameranger works perfectly with borderlands with no port forwarding needed. You can download it at gameranger.com

Firehead

Volcynika said:
Too bad that even after doing that, it's possible it won't work.
Oh, right. Forgot to add that if you're planning on hosting a private lobby, then you'll need to get the person joining to try joining once. They'll fail to connect, after that you create a new server and it should work.
Yes..

DryvBy

All these people have Unreal Tournament 3 now and frankly, we need an official server so we can kill each other.

Def Jukie

I still have 2 guest passes for Killing Floor if anyone wants them and I also have a Day of Defeat Source pass if anyone is interested. Send me a pm with your e-mail address.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
DryvBy2 said:
All these people have Unreal Tournament 3 now and frankly, we need an official server so we can kill each other.
Tempted to buy it just so I can have 2k4 on Steam. :lol But I really don't want to support Epic much anymore >_>

ATF487

DryvBy2 said:

ATF487 likes this

it feels like I'm joining more games with bots than with actual people

anddo0

Is Jade Empire crashing for anyone else? I can't get past the intro screen without being booted to the desktop... First the game takes forever to download (Kotor started to download an hour after Jade Empire and was finished more than two hours before) and now this :|

Smash88

Banned
Eaten By A Grue said:
Oh lawd:

You Own: 173 Games
Account value: $2063.26
$2671.21 without packages

Well to be fair I have been on Steam since September 12, 2003.

Wow!

I feel so cheap now...or I might not be cheap, and rather buy games that I think are most deserving of my money....yeah I'll go with the later line :lol

Not cheap whatsoever. :p

You own 34 games worth: $302.02 USD
Member for: ~61 months
$4.95 USD per month
Steam member since: December 21, 2004

:O 5 years with Steam....Damn!

Firehead said:
Oh, right. Forgot to add that if you're planning on hosting a private lobby, then you'll need to get the person joining to try joining once. They'll fail to connect, after that you create a new server and it should work.
Yes..

Or you can make a single player game, and invite them, it works every time without fail.

nny

Thanks to this sale I've been enjoying Zombie Driver and Cogs a lot, games I probably would never buy otherwise. <3 Steam.

Nabs

Member for: ~22 months
$7.83 USD per month

You own 23 games worth: $172.26 USD

Top Bottom