• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Delerat

Neo Member
{SFT} Delerat owns 117 games worth: $761.92 USD
{SFT} Delerat has had a Steam account since: August 27, 2006, or ~40 months
{SFT} Delerat has spent an average of $19.05 USD per month
What's Your Account Worth?
But I've only spent $125 on this sale so far. I still have about $400 to spend by the end.

Also, people should realize that this is measuring the worth off of the sale prices. It's more effective to post these once it returns to normal.

Thus, TheExodu5. You've spent a LOT more than that =\

cory

Banned
I have 57 games with a value of $467.07($533.12 without packages).
The games count number isn't exactly right though, with expansions taken out, it's ~50.

kswiston

Username: kswiston
Member for: ~14 months
$53.10 USD per month

You own 114 games worth: $743.41 USD

According to my Steam Account page, I actually spent $533.68. As mentioned by others my account will seem more impressive on Jan 4th when the value used for all those games is their normal selling price. If I bought all of those game separately, and at normal price, I am sure the total would be over $1500. I've only purchased 3 games from steam that weren't at least 50% off.

Lkr

You own 16 games worth: $138.66 USD
# Member Since: June 19, 2006
# Member for: ~43 months
# $3.22 USD per month

i prefer retail :p

Saterium

Doomslayer said:
Holy fuck balls, how many of those have you actually installed let alone played.

I've actually installed nearly everything on there with the exception of a few older games I picked up for a few bucks (Oddworld pack, some of the older stuff in the ID pack, xcom pack etc).

I've played most of them too...

...now finishing games is a different story.

Almost all those games were picked up during various sales, I'm hard pressed to pay over $20 bucks for a game on Steam these days unless it's a new release I'm really anticipating (L4D2, Borderlands, a few others)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I think I'm tapped out. I don't know which game they could offer tomorrow that I'd buy...

Caoz

So I didn't buy the Eidos pack cause I didn't wanted to spend that much. But now I realize I have spent about $40 bucks on the sales so far. I think I should have bought the pack and stop looking at the daily sales while I had the chance. :(

Nelo Ice said:
so is it wrong that one of the main reasons i got jade empire was that i wanted to push my steam game count to 60? :lol

If you want to push up the game count, buy the $2 little games. And get the big 'everything' packs when they are available for $50 or so.

Smash88

Banned
rhfb said:
Fallout 3 Goty :D

If it would be a daily deal the lowest it would be is $29.99. Which is way too much for it anyways.

Now if they pulled some miracle like Left 4 Dead last year, where it is 80-90% than I'm sure people will go bananas. :lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
tabsina said:
So I just got back home from a long trip - i need to quickly know if the jade empire port is a quick one, or a good one?

read some reviews. I believe it has faster load times and looks better. i never played the xbox version tho.

Chris R

Smash88 said:
If it would be a daily deal the lowest it would be is $29.99. Which is way too much for it anyways.

Now if they pulled some miracle like Left 4 Dead last year, where it is 80-90% than I'm sure people will go bananas. :lol
I'm hoping it would be sub 20$ like it was when they had the pricing error. Or 40$ for Morrowind/Oblivion/Fallout GOTYs

Smash88

Banned
tabsina said:
So I just got back home from a long trip - i need to quickly know if the jade empire port is a quick one, or a good one?

Overall GAF's review of this is: Meh. Not good, but not terrible.

rhfb said:
I'm hoping it would be sub 20$ like it was when they had the pricing error. Or 40$ for Morrowind/Oblivion/Fallout GOTYs

I could see it at $19.99, that would be a great deal and I'm sure people will go crazy when they see it at that price. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets sold out fast.

You own 22 games worth: $83.67 USD
# Member Since: March 13, 2004
# Member for: ~70 months
# $1.20 USD per month

The funny thing is it's actually inflating my expenses. Overcharging me $17 for Shooter Pack + Torchlight, and prices for L4D/TOB/CS have only fallen about $10 total from what I paid for em.

Smash88 said:
Overall GAF's review of this is: Meh. Not good, but not terrible.

I could see it at $19.99, that would be a great deal and I'm sure people will go crazy when they see it at that price. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets sold out fast.

The port itself isn't bad it's more the game itself that's pretty meh.

Nelo Ice

Banned
speculawyer said:
If you want to push up the game count, buy the $2 little games. And get the big 'everything' packs when they are available for $50 or so.

i would but i try to buy stuff i do actually want and will play some day...:lol rather than buying everything i see for cheap even if i kno i wont care to play it

edit:just checked my steam acct worth and steam was off by 12 games since it says i have 48 games ...but at least steam says i have 60 games :lol

Lothars said:
Once you install Tales of Valor run it than it will ask for your username and password for relic online

you can than register your cd key's if you haven't already and the game will automatically unlock the content for you basically if you have cd key's on all 3 games than all content will be unlocked even though you have only the one game on steam.

so I can delete CoH and CoH: OF if I have ToV installed and working?

azentium said:
Yes, Tales of Valor is a stand alone expansion.

2nsvx1v.jpg

azentium was probably referring to "This stand-alone expansion does not require either of the original Company of Heroes games to play." You don't need to buy the original game even though ToV does use some of its data.

Top Bottom