• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Fireblend

Banned
Fireblend owns 27 games worth: $219.50 USD
Fireblend has had a Steam account since: December 28, 2007, or ~24 months
Fireblend has spent an average of $9.15 USD per month
What's Your Account Worth?

Not bad I think, I don't have enough time to play em all as it is, I have no idea what I would do with some of your collections :lol if it wasn't for Steam gaming would probably be out of my life by now...

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
1) Crysis wars
2) Tomb Raider Underworld
3) Section 8
4) Hammerfight
5) Rockstar pack

Zzoram

poweld said:
Pretty much. We all know it's coming, we just don't know when.

The biggest joke they could play on us is to never put Mass Effect on sale. This after a pack with KOTOR was on sale, Dragon Age was on sale, and even Jade Empire was on sale.

thy_

1. C&C 3 Tiberium Wars (because I actually want Red Alert 3)
2. Shattered Horizon
3. Assasins Creed
4. Kane & Lynch: Dead Man
5. Fuel

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Battlefield 2 was already on discount. I bought it, to replace my HELLISH INSTALLATION of the actual BF2 disks.

Mas Effect is obviously coming. IF it's 5 bucks, i don't know if i'll be able to resist, even tho it's a great game, i find it kind of boring to explore all the planets, and i hate the "distribute points to get better at weapons", as opposed to getting better as you use them.

I really wish Batman:AA would go into a sale by itself. I really don't care about any other game in the Eidos pack. Batman:AA, on the other hand, I'm very interested in playing. cmon 14,99.. :lol

Rawkus

1. Velvet Assassin
2. Street Fighter IV
3. Borderlands
4. The Void
5. Blood Bowl

Same as yesterday. Just gonna stick it out with these I guess.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Keyser Soze said:
Let's go again! I am not going to stop till someone wins :p

If anyone can guess two of today's deals (just the game names, not the price), then I will gift you a game of your choice (under/around $20) on Steam.

Just pick five games, like this:

...and if two are right you win!

If a few people guess right, then the first person to get two right wins. No multiple winners, or I will be poor.

Guesses stop around 1 hour 40 minutes from now, ending 10 mins before the deal goes up (so, X:50 your local time).
1. Dawn Of War 2
2. Square Enix Pack
3. Dragon Age
4. GRID
5. Devil May Cry 4

Either way, my wallet WILL hurt come 5pm, heh.

nyong

Banned
1. Risen
2. World in Conflict
3. Aquaria
4. Crysis
5. Psychonauts

EDIT: A bit late, but I started typing before you called it. That counts, right? Right??

I have a funny story.

Last night I got really upset at myself for not hopping on the Torchlight deal because of how awesome impressions have been and how little $5 is. So I was like "$10 is not that much, the game deserves the support, I'll just bite the bullet and pay the extra $5." I went to purchase the game and couldn't do so. WHAT THE HECK?? I checked my account link, and looked at recent purchases.

Ends up that I already purchased Torchlight during the deal, it's just been so hard to keep track of what I've gotten and when I've gotten it, during deals and whatnot. :lol :lol

Steam owns me and is making me semi-crazy.

Someone will win today, I feel it.

danielijohnson said:
I have a funny story.

Last night I got really upset at myself for not hopping on the Torchlight deal because of how awesome impressions have been and how little $5 is. So I was like "$10 is not that much, the game deserves the support, I'll just bite the bullet and pay the extra $5." I went to purchase the game and couldn't do so. WHAT THE HECK?? I checked my account link, and looked at recent purchases.

Ends up that I already purchased Torchlight during the deal, it's just been so hard to keep track of what I've gotten and when I've gotten it, during deals and whatnot. :lol :lol

:lol

poweld

danielijohnson said:
I have a funny story.

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

danielijohnson said:
I have a funny story.

heh that's like me and my amazon impulse buying. A package will show up in a couple days and i'm not 100% sure what i ordered until i open it up and go "oh yea". Amazon prime + one click is a deadly combo.

Volcynika

^Guessing is over.

gketter said:
heh that's like me and my amazon impulse buying. A package will show up in a couple days and i'm not 100% sure what i ordered until i open it up and go "oh yea". Amazon prime + one click is a deadly combo.

It's only a couple dollars but I get free shipping!

*buy*

That's Prime for ya.

nyong

Banned
I feel like a kid on Christmas morning with these stupid deals. I literally woke up and b-lined for the computer. Chances are I will never even play half these games. Stupid Steam.

danielijohnson said:
I have a funny story.

2ufgapz.jpg

Smash88

Banned
1. Mass Effect
2. Fallout GOTY
3. Bionic Commando (Either of them)
4. Dawn of War 2
5. Borderlands
6. Resident Evil 5

Nooooo IM LATE :( Can I get my guesses in?

Killer said:
Come on GAF i want to gift someone.

Me? lol

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
danielijohnson said:
I have a funny story.

Well, I thought about re-buying Torchlight on Steam (I have it on D2D), just to have it on my Steam browser "properly".

Yes, I am insane.

Nearly go time for more wallet rape.

Edit:
Osmos 80%
Left 4 Dead 75%
Max Payne 75%
Civ 4 66%
COD:W@W 50%
Fifa Manager 10 33%

Edit: Methinks nobody will have won, again, haha.

Top Bottom