• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulligan

Banned
fuck yesss! amnesia in the daily is what i've been waiting for since i missed it on halloween. anything else is now a bonus!

Ceebs

The worst part is all I will use all my monthly bandwidth reinstalling all these games just to do the achievements.

snack

Y'all have a 1 in 4 chance of getting a gift!

Gifts. For each Objective completed during the Holiday Sale Period, the entrant will have a one (1) in four (4) chance to receive a Gift from the Great Gift Pile. Completing one (1) Objective will produce one (1) chance to receive a Gift. If you complete an Objective and do not receive a Gift, you will receive a piece of Coal.

Might be worth thinking of when hunting achievements.

Tenck

Just bought Orcs Must Dies a A Bunch of Heroes. Only for the achievements though ^_^

That's it for me today.

Edit: Also, inventory is bugged right now guys. I saw that I had received Counter Strike Source, but now it's not showing up. Nothing is showing up.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
how many users are on steam right now?
FZOqC.png

Derrick01

Banned
Y'all have a 1 in 4 chance of getting a gift!

Might be worth thinking of when hunting achievements.

But you win even if you get coal since you can A) trade the coal to someone for games/coupons B) keep the coal and make a gift out of 7 or C) keep the coal and each one gives you another chance to win every game on steam.

It's brilliant really. Even Steam itself has a better and tougher choice system than Bioware games now.

inky

Meh, I'll come back in a couple of hours. In the mean time I guess I'll start making some progress on those cheevos.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Still sifting through my Summer sale back log, but there are a few games I'm inclined to snap up. May get the Gundemonium games since they're even more dirt cheap than usual. Also hoping for Rochard on the cheap. Probably far to early to hope for a discount on War in the North though. =(

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
But you win even if you get coal since you can A) trade the coal to someone for games/coupons B) keep the coal and make a gift out of 7 or C) keep the coal and each one gives you another chance to win every game on steam.

It's brilliant really. Even Steam itself has a better and tougher choice system than Bioware games now.

I liked the smaller, guaranteed prizes from the summer sale rather than this lottery crap.

btkadams

i've never bought games during a steam sale. i don't own half-life 2/etc. on computer (i have it for ps3). so, the games are 50% off. according to the OP, i should keep checking each day until the last day to see if they become part of the daily deal. are they technically already part of the daily deal since they're in that Valve complete pack?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
My inventory is broken. It shows nothing.

EDIT: Ok, now the store broke as well. Guess now is not the best time to try to do anything at all!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
i've never bought games during a steam sale. i don't own half-life 2/etc. on computer (i have it for ps3). so, the games are 50% off. according to the OP, i should keep checking each day until the last day to see if they become part of the daily deal. are they technically already part of the daily deal since they're in that Valve complete pack?

Packs don't get Daily deals.

Derrick01

Banned
Most of the summer sale stuff was just cosmetic DLC. I prefer these more!

Yeah other than the free game they were giving away I couldn't find much that I wanted. They had the X3 terran conflict dlc thing but I haven't even had a chance to really get into that game yet.

At least this has the chance of giving me a game or a coupon for a game I want.

Danj

My inventory is broken. It shows nothing.

EDIT: Ok, now the store broke as well. Guess now is not the best time to try to do anything at all!

Yeah the inventory seems glitched right now. I can tell I got something in the Get Started gift pile thing but not what it is. Pity their system doesn't email you for inventory additions.

Card Boy

Banned
Was about to buy Fable 3 at $12.50 (75% off 49.99), then it gets raised to $79.99.

I think its a sign. Looks like its $49.99 again with 0% off. Something is going on. edit: now its back to $12.50

I will wait for a $5-$7.50 sale next year.

kennah

You can pretty much guarantee that Half Life will be a DEEPLY discounted Franchise Daily Deal.

The Complete pack won't go on sale, but if you don't want EVERYTHING, you're better off waiting for the Valve games you want to be daily deals.

Volcynika

so will the half-life games not go below 50% then? or do you mean they aren't in a daily deal because the packs aren't a daily deal? sorry for being slow with this ha.

Individual games can be daily deals regardless if they are in a pack or not.

Packs like publisher packs last the entire sale.

garath

Dead Island is all sorts of messed up. it's showing $10.19 for the game with the guide, $20.38 for a 4 pack and $26.79 for the game itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom