• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynoro

Imagine downloading every game on steam at the same time.

Anyone like the Pendulo games? I used to love the old Lucas Arts adventure games.

They are a good set of games; played runaway 1 and 2 and they are like old school Lucasarts PnC - not as good, but about as close as you get nowadays

zychi

Banned
I'm new to this, so bear with me.

Nba 2k12 is currently sitting at $15, its been 40 on the service since release. IS it going to stay this price til the end of the sale/it has a daily deal? Or am I better off purchasing it now?

e: same goes for deus ex hr, is $34ish now, but I'd like to buy both of these at an even lower price.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
When I click check my steam inventory I go to a page that has like this big blank black box, but nothing is there. It also says 0 gifts in my inventory. :(

webrunner

Are you supposed to get two or one free gift/coal? The site implies two (1 for "get started" the other for looking at your inventory), but I only got one. My fiancee's account says there's two steam items but I can't check it.

GHG

Gold Member
Turn 7 in for a random game, or keep them for entries into the wishlist giveaway on Jan 2.

This. Is. Evil.

Valve are making me want to buy games just so i can potentially win games, or even worse, get discounts so i can buy more games...

Now which twisted motherfucker thought this one up!?!

Valve own us all. We all know it, but are powerless to it.

Nba 2k12 is currently sitting at $15, its been 40 on the service since release. IS it going to stay this price til the end of the sale/it has a daily deal? Or am I better off purchasing it now?

e: same goes for deus ex hr, is $34ish now, but I'd like to buy both of these at an even lower price.

Yes it will stay that price until the last day. So wait until the last day to see if it ends up being a daily deal.

It says on the game page whether it's a daily deal and how long it lasts.

if it's not a DAILY DEAL (and neither one of those are at this point) then you should wait. they will stay on sale at the price they're at now until at least jan. 1. They MAY come up as a daily deal at some point between tomorrow and jan 1 though

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
If nothing appears in my gift inventory does that mean I got coal and not a gift? I can't get my 1 free gift to appear for the life of me.

Tenck

Steam%20dead%21.jpg

It happened guys. Time to pack and leave, no more Steam.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
They are worthless because the odds of actually winning are too miniscule even if you hoard them

So you're saying I should just trade them in for prizes? But I could win all games on Steam! Sure, it probably won't happen, but to one happy soul it will.

Also, there are a total of 1151 prizes (1 person gets all Steam games, 50 people get the 10 first games on their wish lists, 100 people get the 5 first games on their wish lists, and 1000 people get the Vavle Complete Pack). Ok, so the odds are still ridiculous, but yeah...

If nothing appears in my gift inventory does that mean I got coal and not a gift? I can't get my 1 free gift to appear for the life of me.

Neither can most of us, the inventory seems to be broken right now.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Someone sell me on Orcs Must Die? Looks like a neat little game but what is it similar to?

Do you like tower defense games? YES/NO doesn't matter, I didn't like them and I love Orcs must die. It has a demo. Play it.

Amazing polish for such a neat little game. For that amount of money it's a no brainer.

NBA 2K12 is $10 on amazon's DD service as long as you don't have to have it on steam. It doesn't register on steam.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
lol wtf is this shit!???

It's an attempt to advertise their new coupon system and make sure some of their hardcore users acquaint themselves with it, while cross-promoting their annual holiday sale to boot.

The odds of the big gift pile giving someone a game is going to be very, very, very low while the odds of someone getting a coupon is going to be very, very, very high.

Cardigan

So are the daily objective achievements only valid for one day? If I got the Orcs Must Die cheevo tomorrow would I get a ticket for it?

Something is not right. I have 2 Objectives completed, however nothing shows up in my Steam Inventory. Spiral Knights shows as having 5 items "Spiral Knights (5)" however when I click on the tab nothing shows up. Portal 2 has a tab as well, also empty.

1-D_FTW

Apt title change. Wonder what kind of coupon I actually got. Oh well, nothing else I'm interested in. It'll keep me in suspense until tomorrow's deals in 22:30 hours.

Cardigan

Something is not right. I have 2 Objectives completed, however nothing shows up in my Steam Inventory. Spiral Knights shows as having 5 items "Spiral Knights (5)" however when I click on the tab nothing shows up. Portal 2 has a tab as well, also empty.

Those are probably in-game items that you already earned and probably don't have anything to do with the current holiday objectives. And the inventory system currently isn't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom