• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfkas

I can't get Steam to come up for me at the moment, but I saw a pack with both Batman games +DLC + Other Games for £40. Good deal.

TGMIII

I got 50% off a valve game (I already own them all) and 75% off total war Napoleon : /

Also who wants to do a bunch of heros 4-pack?

btkadams

Individual games can be daily deals regardless if they are in a pack or not.

Packs like publisher packs last the entire sale.

ok sounds good. thanks! i guess i'll wait for the last day of the sale since those valve games will be 50% off regardless of being in a daily deal.

masterkajo

Individual games can be daily deals regardless if they are in a pack or not.

Packs like publisher packs last the entire sale.

In the summer sale, I bought halfe life complete for 9.99.- as a daily deal. I guess Half Life 2 was the daily deal (on the front page) but the complete was also -75% off only on that day.

Chairhome

I can make out most of the games in the banner, but can somebody tell me what some of them are? I can't figure out the top middle two games, and second one in the right column and the bottom right one. Can't check at work. Thanks in advance.

Will probably bite on Orcs Must Die!.
I don't think 3.74 is going to break the bank for me.

EDIT: Also, I'm assuming everyone is having trouble accessing their inventories.

That's just the number of users, not the number of lumps of coal.

Still, whoever wins will be like...

Winner: "I won a game on Steam"
Friend: "Cool! Which one?"
Winner:
everyone-the-professi4kqob.gif

Brings up an interesting question. When 1-D_ftw won 10 games from his wishlist he got an individual email for all 10 games. Wonder how they handle it when it's every game on steam

Giran

So whether you receive a gift or not is based on luck unless you craft it, and if you actually do get one by chance, it again depends on luck what you get as a gift.

I know complaining about free stuff isn't classy but I hate this system. I have terrible luck and I'm going to be deadly jealous of the people who get games that I wanted.

Insured

Spent like 100 euros on steam sale last year; this year I'm not buying a damn thing. I still have games I have yet to play from the last sale!

Deadstar

Brings up an interesting question. When 1-D_ftw won 10 games from his wishlist he got an individual email for all 10 games. Wonder how they handle it when it's every game on steam

Imagine downloading every game on steam at the same time.

Anyone like the Pendulo games? I used to love the old Lucas Arts adventure games.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So, if I'm getting this right, you want coals, right? Even though they're worthless on their own, they're your entry tickets to the big draw?

mrgone

This is kind of depressing - most indie games in my wishlist don't have individual discounts at all, but most of them are in the $20 bundles. These indie bundles are a great deal if you don't have many of the games already, but right now they're killing the sale for the majority of stuff I wanted to buy. Hopefully it's just that some discounts havn't been applied yet.

Hakkuei

I can make out most of the games in the banner, but can somebody tell me what some of them are? I can't figure out the top middle two games, and second one in the right column and the bottom right one. Can't check at work. Thanks in advance.

Rift, Singularity, Bunch of Heroes and Max Payne 1/2

Anyone know the US$ price of Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 4 pack?

I know the UK price is £37.48 for the 4 pack (£9.37 each ~$15) and ~£12.49 (~$20) for a single copy, so I'm trying to gauge whether I should just pick up a 4 pack myself or hope a US gaffer will make a bundle.

yamo

Urghh.... what did they do to the interface? Considering how slow steam is right now and the ammount of "Error 503" messages I get now it will take me forever just to check what games are on deal and how much they cost.

Scythian

Luckily, download speeds are still OK, half an hour until Dead Island finishes downloading, that'll keep me busy until Steam calms down.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Some of these mega-bundles are such insane deals. If someone just put together a gaming PC and never really used Steam before, this is the time to jump in!

Unfortunately (?) for me, I already own 80% or more of anything that might interest me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom